Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: cuomo; teachers get authority to remove guns

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    I think we are fast approaching a time when Conservative parents will begin removing their children from public schools en masse and opt for private or home schooling.
    I thought this would happen in order for parents to remove their children from Liberal Democrat ideological indoctrination, but money speaks louder than ideological oppression.
    Now I think Conservative parents are finally beginning to feel personally threatened in their homes by school administrators and informants, and self preservation may finally push Conservatives to begin the mass exodus from the Liberal Democrat controlled school system.
    One thing to consider that when you pull your kid out of public school for an accredited home schooling program, your school taxes go to the home school program and not your regular school district. That's where it hurts them to pull the kids out. The schools don't care if you have kids there or not, but the tax money not coming in bothers them.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    One thing to consider that when you pull your kid out of public school for an accredited home schooling program, your school taxes go to the home school program and not your regular school district. That's where it hurts them to pull the kids out. The schools don't care if you have kids there or not, but the tax money not coming in bothers them.
    Oh wow. I did not know that.
    I assumed you "paid double" - tuition for private school and taxes to the local school district.

Knowing this almost makes me want to have kids just to send my tax money somewhere other than the local school district.

Almost.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Oh wow. I did not know that.
    I assumed you "paid double" - tuition for private school and taxes to the local school district.

Knowing this almost makes me want to have kids just to send my tax money somewhere other than the local school district.

Almost.
    The schools aren't happy that they're not getting your tax money even though you live within their area.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    The schools aren't happy that they're not getting your tax money even though you live within their area.
    I'm not happy that they're getting my money and I have no children.

(Cambria County)

Historically, governments recognized as evil regimes use re-education camps to push political ideology.

In modern times the 'good' governments seem to be using free-education to push political ideology.

It's smart. Why wait for Hogg to potentially become a dissident that needs re-education when we can give him free pre-education sufficient to make him a mouthpiece for more government power.

(Allegheny County)

Quite frankly, I'm astounded that people don't "revolt" (as individuals) and attack/burn/harm schools/those who run them on a regular basis given the vast amount of "leftist evil" that is routinely promoted by "schools".

It's almost as though conservatives are not the horrible, bloodthirsty demons that the left portrays them to be.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Quite frankly, I'm astounded that people don't "revolt" (as individuals) and attack/burn/harm schools/those who run them on a regular basis given the vast amount of "leftist evil" that is routinely promoted by "schools".

It's almost as though conservatives are not the horrible, bloodthirsty demons that the left portrays them to be.
    That's just crazy talk :P
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Erie County)

But this would be state-wide, not just the city. Upstate NY is to NYC as Paris is to Patterson, NJ. In the smaller towns, everybody knows everybody, including the teachers, and the parents of their students. If one has a beef with one of the parents, he or she just says a student is acting up, and the parent loses his firearms? Ridiculous.

(Philadelphia County)

The left tards will disarm citizens any underhanded way that they can come up with.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    I don't think I indoctrinate. I do not push my views on anyone and am willing to bet that when students leave my class they have no idea where I stand politically. I do push students to think critically. I do push students to defend opinions with facts. I do push them to question everything and not just accept what teachers or others say as fact just because of who the person is. I do encourage all students to share their thoughts and reasons for what they think. I encourage debate and discussions, but I act as a neutral party. If a person is antigun, I don't try to set them straight because I think differently. If a students is pro gun I do not cheer them on and back them up.

Do some teachers push their views..... yes, I have been taught by some in my life.

But the majority of teachers I know keep their views out of the classroom.

It's like painting all gun owners in a bad light because some do stupids things or some use guns in the commission of a crime. I'm not judging all gun owners based on the actions of a few. The same thing goes with the teachers I have experience with.
    Better not let the union read that or you'll get you union card revoked.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast