Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Default Another happy Athlon customer.

Just received my Athlon Midas BTR 4.5-27x50 scope. Have been looking at them for months, but just biding time. Price has been fairly steady, at around $589 for the months I've looked at it. Then last week I come across a new listing for $339! Couldn't pass on that deal! Absolutely love it! I chose the APMR1 reticle in Mil, and it also uses 1/10th Mil turrets. Typical 30mm tube, side parallax & it's even illuminated.

The glass is nice. S&B with ED glass quality? Well of course not! But it's absolutely up there with other $600-$1000 optics. The MSRP on Athlon is $710, and it's worth that. So spending $339 on it is a NO BRAINER! Chromatic Aberration is tolorable at higher magnification. It's an attractive optic and not too large, at 13.8" long. The construction is "tank like" built, and the warranty is bulletproof.

Haven't tested yet, but it's been out & reviewed long enough that I know the subtensions will track perfectly! The scope does have what I would call about the bare minimum elevation adjustment in a long distance scope, at 18Mils. However, My rifle is chambered in the ultra flat shooting 6.5-08(260 Rem) & my chassis has an extra 20MOA(5.5Mil) built in the rail. Given this, I have enough elevation to take advantage of just about the entire distance capability of the cartridge. I'll have it clamped in an American Defense Recon-S, 1-piece mount.

I am excited to use it. Still need to finish the trigger work, and I want to grab a PTG bolt & bolt body. This will be a very formidable rifle that I am proud to have built.

(Somerset County)

Default Re: Another happy Athlon customer.

They put out great glass for the money. I have a talos 4-14 on a 22 and am impressed for the price. Turrets are not great but that is my only complaint and a small one considering the price

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Another happy Athlon customer.

Oh yes! Thank you everready! I forgot to mention those. As stated, the turrets certainly aren't what I would "bad", but they aren't great either. I would say the audible click is about bare minimum. Lucky for me, that is not one of my highest characteristic points I choose on. But worth mentioning. I have not taken the turret cap off yet. I have seen some of these factory scopes have gobs of thick grease on the threads, which take away from the adjusting feel.