Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 2018 Federal firearm confiscation bill.

Of course it's just another opened ended back door gun confiscation, but it's for the kids of course.

It appears there's no movement yet but we will need to keep a close eye on this one.

Default Re: 2018 Federal firearm confiscation bill.

Wanna bet that there are no punitive provisions for anyone supplying false or misleading information that results in the confiscation? Also, as a practical matter, few citizens have the means to adequately contest such a proceeding -- even a trumped up case. The government knows it. That is why these bills are gaining in popularity. The government confiscates property based on exaggerated claims and the accused has to bankrupt him or herself trying to fight the state, which has limitless resources, and should this bill pass, even more resources.

Since being a member of the NRA makes you a "domestic terrorist", since criticizing leftist politics is hate speech, since voting for Donald Trump or supporting Republicans or Libertarians makes you a "racist", or a "Nazi". Since the reason for owning a magazine with more than 10 rounds of capacity "is only for the purpose of killing more people". Watch what you post! Does open carry at a political rally in support of the Constitution qualify as "dangerous". Soon enough, legal ownership of firearms and accessories with be deemed per se "dangerous". Think twice about objecting to an obnoxious or abusive police officer at a traffic stop. Think twice about having any political discussions with your lefty neighbors or relatives that know you own firearms. For anti-2A police, and there are a fair number of them out there, this law empowers them to be the ultimate social justice warriors.

Wanna bet that at the next round of elections when the military wing of the Democrat Party (antifa, BLM, etc.) show up on command and start beating Republicans, anyone trying to defend themselves could easily be declared a "dangerous" person under such a law. Self-defense puts one at risk of losing firearms rights even if the self defense only involves pushing back, or using fists to stop an attack. This is especially the case in California where the police obey the stand down orders and let the beatings take place, or worse, support the antifa thugs.

In its application, the full reach of this bill is just as much an assault on the First Amendment as the Second.

(Westmoreland County)

The "red flag" business.....

One wonders what is going to happen when Police on a mission roll up on someone who is twitchy, fires first and gets Police killed? The mundane, being a "gun nut" is an enemy of all Progressive thinking persons. They'll serve as an example to all anti-Progressives to surrender or die.

The police? When they start to come back from raids with extra holes, with buddies in the hospital, when an innocent bystander catches bullets or a child gets hit by a flash bang grenade, what then? What happens when they refuse to go out, or worse, they get hard nosed and start to just shoot first and ask questions later?

Bloomberg and his buddies who cooked up this crap did not think things out. They imagine that the extra violence will frighten some gun people. Sure, it will.

Others? They might decide to take it out on the right people, which isn't the police. What happens when someone loses a loved one in a police raid and decides to pay their local gun control outfit a visit? Is Mike going to spring for armed guards for every Everytown USA office? He's not that wealthy. It's a hateful thing to consider, but violence begets violence.

The gun control lobby has never experienced the blow back from their mischief. So far it's been light weight and focused on tangential crap.
    Last edited by GeneCC; June 3rd, 2018 at 08:10 PM.

If this is a 'red flag' bill, let's be very clear up front and be honest.

The NRA supports this shit. It came straight from Chris Cox's mouth.

The answer is 'no'.

(Northampton County)

A confiscation bill is a civil war bill. Try and take our guns away and watch the people fight against the government. Watch the government fight against the government.

(Beaver County)

MLK said "it is our duty to disobey a unjust law".

I think Tom Jefferson also said something similar.

(Beaver County)

Solzenitzen (sp?) was sent to the Russian labor camps in Siberia with thousands of others by the secret police in raids carried out in the dead of night. He said something like "We raged at our stupidity for hiding in our apartments when the police came for our neighbors. We wondered why we did not meet them in mass in the lobbies of our buildings with knives and hammers? How long would the roundups have continued if those officers left home every evening not knowing if they would come back in the morning?

Alexander Solzhenitsyn-The Gulag Archipeligo 1918-1956
    Last edited by bill gray; June 5th, 2018 at 10:33 AM. Reason: Added source. Deleted erroneous portion. Find and read the original.

(York County)

Don't wait for it to start.....the bill sponsors are listed.....FIX THE PROBLEM.

(Delaware County)

This is an email that I have been sending to every politician I can.

"Hello (politician's name), my name is David Hoback. I am sending this out to lawmakers all over this country to show the ridiculous nature of the insistent belief that outlawing an object stops crime. Please read the following.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ind...716.html%3famp

As laughable as this is, it's not a joke! England & Wales has had an influx of DEADLY stabbings over the last years. To the point that this Judge Nic Madge is calling for 8"& 10" Chefs knives to be outlawed from sale! That's right! CHEFS KNIVES! Hey, why not?? I mean, just get rid of these 10" chefs knives, and make all the rest DULL, and that will stop violence! I'm sure of it!

This is not a joke. But I bet you are reading this with a cringed face, in utter disbelief! Attacking, and outlawing an "object" is not going to stop people with intent, from causing harm to others. Evil is real. Criminals don't care if the knife is dull. Someone with a mind set to cause harm, will do just that unless they are stopped. Period!

Now I laughed when I read that article, but I'm not laughing about this. Firearms & the 2nd Amendment are rights we were born with. Do you honestly believe we are going to allow you to to take that away from us? Do you think that sending armed officers to FORCE the issue, is going to change our minds? On that day, ARE YOU going to take responsibility for the loss of life of both innocent men & women and police officers YOU have forced into the roll as Nazi "JACKBOOTED THUG" soldiers?? You need to stop worrying about the politics, worrying about your votes. And think of something that can truly help resolve the problem. If you want to trade one life for another, make it your own. But it's not YOUR right to trade my life for another."

I encourage everyone to do the same. Guys, this won't end! And it's happened before!
    http://www.ilgunrights.com/72-killed...ard-in-boston/

Easiest way to cover up taking rights, is call people "DOMESTIC TERRORISTS".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast