Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 31 to 38 of 38
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    In the can, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)
    Posts
    1,806
    Rep Power
    21474846

    Default Re: Montco concealed carry license.

    Quote Originally Posted by Team Dougherty View Post
    Got there at 8:35 was out by 8:45. One person in front of me.
    How long from the time you emailed your application to the time you got the email confirmation that the application was received?
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    pville, Pennsylvania
    (Chester County)
    Posts
    38
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Montco concealed carry license.

    There is a food truck on main street around the corner from the courthouse. I would recommend the lamb gyro to anyone coming to pick up their LCTF.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Oaks, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)
    Age
    51
    Posts
    213
    Rep Power
    501249

    Default Re: Montco concealed carry license.

    Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    How long from the time you emailed your application to the time you got the email confirmation that the application was received?
    15 minutes

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    In the can, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)
    Posts
    1,806
    Rep Power
    21474846

    Default Re: Montco concealed carry license.

    Quote Originally Posted by Team Dougherty View Post
    I submitted my renewal via email on 8/24. Here is the response I got

    "If you submitted an application, it was received. Unless you hear from us by mail or phone, you can come in to the office no sooner than 10 days from this date, to finish up. Pickup times are 830-1230, Monday through Friday, in the Sheriff's Office. You will need $20 and your driver's license/PaDOT ID. Approval is good for 60 days."

    I plan on going tomorrow 9/11/2018 at 8:30AM, well after the 10 days suggested, to pickup. i'll let you know how I make out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    How long from the time you emailed your application to the time you got the email confirmation that the application was received?
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Dougherty View Post
    15 minutes
    Quote Originally Posted by RJKEPPLE View Post
    Hi all,
    I submitted my concealed carry permit renewal to Montgomery County nearly four weeks ago (Aug. 14) via email and have heard nothing. Is this a "normal" waiting period? They say not to call for an update but my permit expires soon. Any advice/info from others who have submitted the paperwork via email?
    RJK, did you receive the application receipt confirmation email that Team D is talking about?
    If you didn't receive it then disregard what I said and call them now.
    Ask them why you did not receive a receipt confirmation email and ask them if you should resubmit the application.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Willow Grove, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Montco concealed carry license.

    Quote Originally Posted by Team Dougherty View Post
    Got there at 8:35 was out by 8:45. One person in front of me.
    Glad it went well for you. On Tuesday I emailed "gunpermit1@montcopa.org" and asked if they had received my renewal email from Aug. 14 and if there was any problem with it. They replied in about 4 hours with "Sorry, but I do not have a renewal application from you". I replied to that and re-sent the application attachments again. About an hour later I got the same "... no sooner than 10 days" reply you got so it looks like things are back on track.

    I don't know what happened with the first e-mail. The detailed logs at my e-mail provider shows that the Aug. 14 email was accepted by the MontCo email server with no problems. What happened after that is hard to say.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    In the can, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)
    Posts
    1,806
    Rep Power
    21474846

    Default Re: Montco concealed carry license.

    Quote Originally Posted by RJKEPPLE View Post
    Glad it went well for you. On Tuesday I emailed "gunpermit1@montcopa.org" and asked if they had received my renewal email from Aug. 14 and if there was any problem with it. They replied in about 4 hours with "Sorry, but I do not have a renewal application from you". I replied to that and re-sent the application attachments again. About an hour later I got the same "... no sooner than 10 days" reply you got so it looks like things are back on track.

    I don't know what happened with the first e-mail. The detailed logs at my e-mail provider shows that the Aug. 14 email was accepted by the MontCo email server with no problems. What happened after that is hard to say.
    Glad to hear you got it through.
    Please post your follow up when it clears and when you go in, so others will know what to expect.
    Bern-
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Willow Grove, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Montco concealed carry license.

    Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    Glad to hear you got it through.
    Please post your follow up when it clears and when you go in, so others will know what to expect.
    Bern-
    I will do that -- I probably will go to Norristown to pick it up on Sept. 25 or 26 unless I hear otherwise from them.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Willow Grove, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Montco concealed carry license.

    Quote Originally Posted by RJKEPPLE View Post
    I will do that -- I probably will go to Norristown to pick it up on Sept. 25 or 26 unless I hear otherwise from them.
    I went in today (14 days after the email) at about 10:30 and picked up my permit in about 5 minutes -- no line, no waiting.

    My mistake was unknowingly going on the same day as the Cosby sentencing -- parking was really difficult.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Similar Threads

  1. Renewing a Montco concealed carry permit.
    By Action Jackson in forum Concealed Carry
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: August 10th, 2017, 01:38 AM
  2. Need recommendation for concealed carry training classes in Montco
    By pml1986 in forum Training, Tactics & Competition
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: February 24th, 2017, 12:01 PM
  3. Concealed carry in car without license
    By wnehez in forum Concealed & Open Carry
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: April 9th, 2016, 08:06 PM
  4. PA Concealed Carry License
    By 40calman in forum Concealed Carry
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: March 24th, 2011, 10:56 AM
  5. Concealed carry license?
    By Diagza in forum Concealed Carry
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: June 29th, 2009, 01:07 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Local gun shops | Local shooting ranges | Philadelphia Shooting Ranges | Philadelphia Gun Shops | Pittsburgh Shooting Ranges | Pittsburgh Gun Shops