Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Montco concealed carry license.

Thanks for the info.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by DonBiase View Post
    Don't call us,,,We'll call you.
    Kelkenny?
    So I was wrong... kind of.

My license was ready (as in ready to be created after they took my pic) since a couple of days after I submitted the application. They were just unable to contact me for some reason and of course, they don't give out status over the phone.

BTW, you don't have to go to Montgomery County Courthouse anymore to apply or renew, you can just submit via email.

Then they will call you a couple of days later (if they don't have the same issue reaching you as they did for me) and you can pay/get pic taken/pick up LTCF.

(Montgomery County)

You don't have to apply in person, but you still have to go to Norristown for pictures and prints and to pick up your permit. They used to do them all "while you wait" but no more. Now they say up to 45 days, so it's a net loss for the good guys. Not surprising.

I've spent all of my almost 59 years living in Montco and it used to be a bastion of conservatism. Then at some point the libs started to move in from Philthadelphia.

Funny thing. They move out of the city because 65 years of Dem rule turned it into a shit hole...yet they continue to vote for the same kinds of politicians when they get here.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by FBG001 View Post
    You don't have to apply in person, but you still have to go to Norristown for pictures and prints and to pick up your permit. They used to do them all "while you wait" but no more. Now they say up to 45 days, so it's a net loss for the good guys. Not surprising.

I've spent all of my almost 59 years living in Montco and it used to be a bastion of conservatism. Then at some point the libs started to move in from Philthadelphia.

Funny thing. They move out of the city because 65 years of Dem rule turned it into a shit hole...yet they continue to vote for the same kinds of politicians when they get here.
    Yes.
    Also a large influx of Liberal Democrats from neighboring states.
    I see NJ license plates all day long all over SE PA.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Montgomery County)

so whats the link to renew or email?
    Now less Glock, more H&K :)

(Philadelphia County)

So you are saying this is who voted the new sheriff in?

(Montgomery County)

Yep. And interestingly, he's an attorney, not a law enforcement officer. That tells me he's a professional politician with aspirations of higher office. Sheriff is just a stepping stone. Not unlike Josh Shapiro, PA's current AG. Previously a Montco Commissioner, state rep before that, etc. Wants to be governor and beyond. He's a real piece of shit who uses people for political gain then tosses them aside.

Quote Originally Posted by PA_PB&J View Post
    So I was wrong... kind of.

My license was ready (as in ready to be created after they took my pic) since a couple of days after I submitted the application. They were just unable to contact me for some reason and of course, they don't give out status over the phone.

BTW, you don't have to go to Montgomery County Courthouse anymore to apply or renew, you can just submit via email.

Then they will call you a couple of days later (if they don't have the same issue reaching you as they did for me) and you can pay/get pic taken/pick up LTCF.
    This actually makes far more sense. Sometimes there's a lot of people waiting in line for who knows how long. Gotta run out and pay to park if your meter time runs out.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Montgomery County)

So, what's the truth? Waiting period or no waiting period? Or is the waiting period now called something else?

(Montgomery County)

Wait. What? What prints?

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverPA View Post
    So, what's the truth? Waiting period or no waiting period? Or is the waiting period now called something else?
    No waiting. Email application, they'll get to it when they get to it, which looks to be about a day or three. Better have an area code their phones systems can handle, my cell phone is from out of state and they could not dial out to it.
    ....So they just held on to the paperwork.
    I called, but of course, they "don't give status via phone".

I'd love to have a word with whoever designed that system. I QA business processes workflows -among other things- for a living. They would not get a good review from me.

tldr; Not the most efficient system (I still prefer the cash and carry earlier system), and it's certainly is deficient in comparison to what it was 5 years ago, but it's not as horrible as I thought.
    Last edited by PA_PB&J; July 25th, 2018 at 07:25 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast