Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: I'm not a fan of this new NRA position.

I think metal detectors and security at schools is the only way that you have a chance of keeping kids from bringing guns into a school. Arming teachers and having armed police are also great ideas but will only help after the shooting starts.

I think Dana should be the new NRA president.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Cambria County)

I am willing to go into a gun free zone, if and only if, the person/entity that is responsible for the zone accepts full responsibility for my safety. If the person/entity responsible for the zone refuses to provide for my security, I don't need to be there.

If I do "need" to be there, then it becomes a Constitutional issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoder View Post
    I think metal detectors and security at schools is the only way that you have a chance of keeping kids from bringing guns into a school. Arming teachers and having armed police are also great ideas but will only help after the shooting starts.

I think Dana should be the new NRA president.

I agree.

Why isn't there a term limit for Vice-Presidents in the NRA? Wayne enjoys a nice salary and can hold the position fro as long as he wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Sights View Post
    Why isn't there a term limit for Vice-Presidents in the NRA? Wayne enjoys a nice salary and can hold the position fro as long as he wants.
    Only the board can remove him and it’s not going to happen anytime soon.

(Berks County)

Oh boy another trash the nra thread! Yippy! Pile on! Foac was worthless this last election for my district, hell the damn map link wouldn’t even bring up the appropriate list. Goa? Nothing.

Oh the darn nra keeps bugging me, they want money sob sob.

Crap on a stick. Foac disorganized leader took cash and had to be begged for months to mail out credentials. Then the non stop emails started with the begging, every alert wants money, constant renewals requesting money. I saw their advocation in action in Harrisburg. Let’s just say life is like a box of chocolates. They even wanted to shutdown streaker’s kid who had things they needed to address.

Not one of these organizations have the clout of the nra. Why do you think the assault weapons ban had a sunset in it? Like your over 10 round mags? Those other organizations (panhandling) had nothing to do with it, Johnny come lately weren’t around near a long as the nra so they would not even exist were it not for the nra.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    Oh boy another trash the nra thread! Yippy! Pile on! Foac was worthless this last election for my district, hell the damn map link wouldn’t even bring up the appropriate list. Goa? Nothing.

Oh the darn nra keeps bugging me, they want money sob sob.

Crap on a stick. Foac disorganized leader took cash and had to be begged for months to mail out credentials. Then the non stop emails started with the begging, every alert wants money, constant renewals requesting money. I saw their advocation in action in Harrisburg. Let’s just say life is like a box of chocolates. They even wanted to shutdown streaker’s kid who had things they needed to address.

Not one of these organizations have the clout of the nra. Why do you think the assault weapons ban had a sunset in it? Like your over 10 round mags? Those other organizations (panhandling) had nothing to do with it, Johnny come lately weren’t around near a long as the nra so they would not even exist were it not for the nra.
    That's all well and good, I just don't want to see metal detectors become commonplace in society. It's a shame you apparently cant say even that without people getting sand in their nether regions.
    Last edited by marinville; May 28th, 2018 at 03:14 PM.

(Chester County)

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Gunsnwater again.
    Yup, those signs at Bloomberg/Soros anti gun rallies don't say anything about GOA, FOAC or the Nagar's. Lobbying is all about money and if you don't have any money to give to the politicians you get no time from them. Until we change the way politicians obtain their money for campaigns, no money means no political influence. Even though some of the examples in this video has some wrong assumed ideas about what the government should or should not be doing to/for the people they way the system of financing politicians and the results are the same. No money means no time for your cause or business.

Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

How dare any of you have a opinion of your own outside of the collective group think!

That being said I’m all for metal detectors in schools long before the NRA put their .02 in. If politicians really gave a shit about your kids past banning guns they would already be installed, but you know they are expensive and most likely would aid in actually preventing these sort of things and we cant have that now can we.
    Last edited by Hodgie; May 28th, 2018 at 04:05 PM.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by marinville View Post
    That's all well and good, I just don't want to see metal detectors become commonplace in society. It's a shame you apparently cant say even that without people getting sand in their nether regions.
    Sorry but metal detectors and things that use all the other parts of the spectrum like light and radio that see everything will be the norm. Computing power and a.i. Are converging into a 1984 nightmare we won’t be able to stop.

People bug themselves and their homes with expensive electronics. Anybody who pulls out their phone while on the toilet is taking a dump selfie and a picture of their junk complete with sound effects. Ever use pgp? Didn’t think so. All modern mail is on postcards because who cares about envelopes, we can’t be bothered with encryption.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast