Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Franklin County)

Default Re: I'm not a fan of this new NRA position.

Quote Originally Posted by TaePo View Post
    IMHO, it is an individual right not to be controlled by any government level, whatsoever.
    Agree, but if we go down the road of "rights aren't absolute", the state should be the arbiter, not the fed. This allows for some inevitable variance, and the opportunity for folks to gravitate towards the 'preferred' level of restriction.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Allegheny County)

What exactly are we talking about here?

Are we all supposed to know what the NRA's "new position" is without any background info?
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post

Are we all supposed to know what the NRA's "new position" is without any background info?
    I think they want to put metal detectors in schools now. This could lead to more gun-free zones if other venues adopt this tactic to prevent shootings instead of removing the GFZs in the first place.

(Washington County)

Sorry, I thought it was self explanitory. I do not have access to any official policy documents or anything. It just seems like anymore, every statement I see on social media and every interview from any NRA personality (such as: Dana Loesch, Dan Bongino, etc. (Not sure if I've heard it from Colion Noir actually)) is calling for 'hardening our schools' by adding metal detectors.

To be fair, its not just the NRA, I have been hearing it from other conservatives as well.

Their stance on Bump Stocks is all I needed to hear. That's enough background information for me....

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by j_h_smith View Post
    Their stance on Bump Stocks is all I needed to hear. That's enough background information for me....
    That's why I didn't renew. I rarely even read the emails that they send any more.

I hadn't heard mention anywhere about the metal detectors, so I wasn't sure what was up.
    Now I know.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Chester County)

I have no problem with metal detectors at schools. Many schools already have them. I'm also of the mind that access points have to be closed down so there are only a limited ways to access the schools. I'm not so sure arming teachers is the right way to go. Teachers are part of the problem already. I'd prefer designated trained individuals to be armed. Teachers could be useful at some point by training them how to lock down their classrooms and not just hiding in a closet. Every single shooter up to this point had already been identified as a troubled individual. If it wasn't for the NRA and us couple of million members you would be the once Great Britain or a bent over Aussie today.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Bucks County)

The NRA at this point is our only hope. They have the power of numbers. Don’t abandon the NRA, hold their feet to the fire
    Time to give them a warning, compromise with the enemy and we go elsewhere, this needs to be en masse. Then we have indeed do what we say
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by PocketProtector View Post
    The NRA at this point is our only hope. They have the power of numbers. Don’t abandon the NRA, hold their feet to the fire
    Time to give them a warning, compromise with the enemy and we go elsewhere, this needs to be en masse. Then we have indeed do what we say
    I've been a lifetime member since the 80's. I now give my money to organizations like GOA and local/state organizations. I haven't agreed with the NRA's 2A approach for more than a decade.

(Lycoming County)

I don't have an issue with metal detectors in school, but I kinda see this as a first step in gun control without ever changing gun laws. First metal detectors show up in school. Great! Fast forward a few years, technology gets better and metal detectors can be manufactured cheaper, then they end up in movie theaters, convenience stores, restaurants, etc. So maybe it'll be completely legal to own and carry a gun, but no place where you are allowed to carry it.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast