Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Video of British woman being robbed at knife point

the video is at the link. Things like this just go to show why countries should not inhibit citizens rights to self defense. Because of the country she lives in, she does not even have an option to defend herself if she wants. The government literally favors criminals and makes non criminals sitting ducks. If she were allowed, and she so chose to, she could live a life where she could defend herself with a gun and not be terrorized. This just reinforces my view that anti gun laws and countries are doing a disservice to their citizens and are a disgrace.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...armed-12587038
    CCTV captures moment thug armed with knife robbed terrified woman on her way to work
    The victim was attacked by a thug who stole her handbag as she walked through Leicester city centre at 5.20am

A woman has told of the moment a thug threatened her with a knife and chased her along a city centre street to steal her handbag.

The robbery victim, 33, was attacked in Leicester city centre as she walked to work at 5.20am on Tuesday, May 8.

Police have now released CCTV footage of the terrifying attack, the Leicester Mercury reports .

The footage shows the woman walking alone along Clarence Street as one of the pair, who were dressed in dark clothing and had covered their faces, crossed the road to approach her.

The suspects approached the woman as she walked through Leicester city centre at 5.20am (Image: Leicestershire Police)
    She tried to run away when she realised she was in danger. The man chased her and snatched her bag, while his accomplice waited on the opposite pavement.

The woman, who has asked not to be named, said: “I was walking to work from the car park and I saw the two men across the road from me.

“They looked dodgy because they were dressed all in black and their faces were covered.

One thug threatened her with a knife and stole her handbag (Image: Leicestershire Police)
    “I deliberately stayed on the other side of the road to them, but then one of them started walking towards me.

“He put his hand in his pocket and said ‘let’s make this easy. Give me your bag’.

“He had a small kitchen knife. It wasn’t very big but it was the kind of thing he could easily keep in his pocket.

They made off with the purse (Image: Leicestershire Police)
    “I screamed and turned to run and he started chasing me.

“I thought ‘this isn’t worth it’ and threw my bag at him and kept running.

“I’m not too bad now, but it was a traumatic experience and you can’t help wondering what could have happened.

Police released CCTV of the incident (Image: Leicestershire Police)
    “I had a few days off work but I couldn’t have asked for better support from my family, friends and people at work.

“It’s been a shock for everyone, given what could have happened to me.

“I just want these people to be caught. They are dangerous.”

Police are now trying to trace the suspects (Image: Leicestershire Police)
    In a statement, Leicestershire police said: “The suspects threatened the victim with a knife before stealing her handbag.

“The victim ran away and wasn’t hurt during the incident.

“Officers would like to speak to anyone who recognises the people in the footage or have any suspicions about their identity."

If you have any information call Pc Des Bausor on 101.

(Chester County)

Default Re: Video of British woman being robbed at knife point

When in doubt, and NOBODY is around to assist, RUN!

One alternative is mandatory permits for women who not only can shoot (the great equalizer in many instances), but also for those who don't want a tag in the morgue around their toe...

Fewer anti-gun laws for law abiding citizens would solve this dilemma...
    - bamboomaster

Quote Originally Posted by bamboomaster View Post
    When in doubt, and NOBODY is around to assist, RUN!

One alternative is mandatory permits for women who not only can shoot (the great equalizer in many instances), but also for those who don't want a tag in the morgue around their toe...

Fewer anti-gun laws for law abiding citizens would solve this dilemma...
    Yes, instead of a “how can we help criminals have an advantage over citizens” a how can we make sure criminals don’t have an advantage over citizens approach would be nice.

WTF, why didn't she pull out her Glock and put a few between their running lights? OH......wait that's right its the uk!
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Chester County)

I hope that woman was arrested for resisting the wants of the underprivileged robber.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    I hope that woman was arrested for resisting the wants of the underprivileged robber.
    She will be once she posts something negative about them on social media.

(Lancaster County)

I honestly keep trying very hard to not view the British as stupid, pathetic, and disgraceful, as I really don't want to view them that way, but they just give us nothing else to go with. I've visited there multiple times and even spent a couple of months over there and was quite fond of it then, but all of it 16+ years ago. There is so much to love about who they were, who they used to be, what we have recorded of them and what they had contributed to the world. Of course I wonder about how much the news media mischaracterizes them as they mischaracterize us.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Pike County)

They have more CCTV cameras in UK than Russia has dashcams. I bet the dumbass brits feel very safe because of those cameras.
    Je suis déplorable

Quote Originally Posted by Metz View Post
    They have more CCTV cameras in UK than Russia has dashcams. I bet the dumbass brits feel very safe because of those cameras.
    But they do love their precious Royals.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness 1864 View Post
    But they do love their precious Royals.
    Who are protected by armed guards, steel gates and high walls.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast