Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Well written and informative article, "Why We Are Losing the Fight..."

In case some haven't read this I found it very interesting:

Note: These remarks were given at the Second Amendment Town Hall on Strategy on April 15, 2018 in Batavia, New York.

Thank you for coming today Ladies and Gentlemen.

I am a self-employed lawyer and publisher and I owe no political favors to anyone. I am not running for office. I am running from office. So, I am able to say what I really think, and I am going to do that today. Many will strongly disagree with some of the things I will say today but it’s a time for truth after so many years of lies, half-truths and using language to confuse and deceive, not communicate the truth. Our politics are dominated by dishonesty and the failure to come to grips with the real issues and that has to stop.

We are losing the fight for the Second Amendment. We are losing it in the courts. We are losing it in the legislatures. We are losing it in the media, in the schools and with young people. The approach we have been using to protect the Second Amendment for many years has failed, is failing and will continue to fail. That approach has basically focused on lobbying, elections, voting and using the litigation process without any serious attempt to change the philosophical or ideological bent of the country or to change the ideological trajectory of the country to the left which in the last five years has been accelerating, and without any attempt to change the basic progressive mindset which has dominated American politics for many decades. The tactics we have used are archaic, dated, spent, don’t work and there has been no attempt to use bold new innovative tactics and unless that changes, we are going to lose this fight.

Whole article HERE

Default Re: Well written and informative article, "Why We Are Losing the Fight..."

This is excellent. Thanks for sharing.

Rep denied.
    I am not a lawyer.

Default Re: Well written and informative article, "Why We Are Losing the Fight..."

Will the government protect you when riots break out? I don't want them too.

Does anyone want to be disarmed while the lunatic left builds a de facto one-party state that will inevitably move towards the creation of a totalitarian state?
    I'll never be disarmed and neither should you.

(Delaware County)

I read that article awhile ago and thought then as I do now...talk is cheap. His points may be correct, but we are not in the talking mood, nor will be in the near future. When you have one group looking to disarm another, all the while diminishing the words our forefathers left us, with the understanding, there will be those who try to pervert the Constitution...we are at that crossroads. One party's dominance in the institutions of this country does not give it the right to force those who do not share the same values, to do the same. It is counter to what we as a country was founded upon. Its time we stand for what we believe in, or kneel before those who do.

The left has let the power they had rot them to the core...hence the results we see now as a result of losing the election. Unbridled arrogance will bring them down.

(Delaware County)

Yeah, I see your point. The left does all the talking while not living in reality it seems and it's dangerous as hell. I like that people who appreciate and value the constitution, bill of rights and the federalist papers are getting louder. This article is a good way to get the communist left's sea of bullshit into perspective.

(Montgomery County)

Good read.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by PHL9mm View Post
    Yeah, I see your point. The left does all the talking while not living in reality it seems and it's dangerous as hell. I like that people who appreciate and value the constitution, bill of rights and the federalist papers are getting louder. This article is a good way to get the communist left's sea of bullshit into perspective.
    That said; will John Q Public back away from the TV long enough to read and comprehend?
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

Quote Originally Posted by RenoV8 View Post
    I read that article awhile ago and thought then as I do now...talk is cheap. His points may be correct, but we are not in the talking mood, nor will be in the near future. When you have one group looking to disarm another, all the while diminishing the words our forefathers left us, with the understanding, there will be those who try to pervert the Constitution...we are at that crossroads. One party's dominance in the institutions of this country does not give it the right to force those who do not share the same values, to do the same. It is counter to what we as a country was founded upon. Its time we stand for what we believe in, or kneel before those who do.

The left has let the power they had rot them to the core...hence the results we see now as a result of losing the election. Unbridled arrogance will bring them down.
    Agreed. The author acts as though we just need to educate the masses. Oh really, and how do you do that exactly? Many of us have been fighting this fight for a long time. Get out there and you learn quickly that you can only convince those who are open to it. So you work on them, but the anti-gun people can't be convinced. And, they vote. So, we have to beat them at the polls which includes judges. And since we won't win every election we must be organized and stop bad legislation.

The battle is to be fought on many fronts. Our single biggest problem is the lack of people on our side who are truly willing to commit time and money to fighting.
    Help us restore election integrity in PA. Join PA Voters United

(Bucks County)

We're fighting a media that is in bed with colleges that's in bed with Hollywood that's in bed with politicians that want total control----why would they support our right to be free when their innate desire is power and control? 1775 is not much different than now regarding those in power to remove "it" from those derived. It's a slow process, but WE need to continue to "pound the streets" (online sites) with the truth. Know your facts. Take people to the range, point out history and the ineptness of our government--- especially our government recently. Point out their hypocrisy and expose their lies. This fight will never end and neither will our desire to be free. Remember all of our "stuff" is worthless if we don't make the sacrifice to protect freedom. Our worst enemy is not the enemy it's our complacency in our desire to be left alone. Even though that is the ultimate goal of freedom,however doing nothing is the ultimate defeater of freedom.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    We're fighting a media that is in bed with colleges that's in bed with Hollywood that's in bed with politicians that want total control----why would they support our right to be free when their innate desire is power and control?
    The Left, and the Teacher's Unions also own Education K-12 where they preach leftist ideology, including all guns are bad, and capitalism is "unfair". So Education, the Media, the Entertainment Industry, most of Government, and Large Corporations are against the Second Amendment, and private ownership of guns. It is a control issue, but I have not seen a decent plan yet to change the above paradigm.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast