Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Default Re: ok, everyone with 4" or more chime in, what do you got and why?

i went and bought the vp9 in black with new sights and 3-15rnd mags it'll be $653.98 after ffl transfer. best deal i could find. bronze wound up almost impossible to find the new version of.
    why the shortage?

feel free to continue posting what you carry and why.

Edit: reminds me of when mossberg came out with models like the 590 with ghost rings in 2016 or thereabouts and they went on backorder for a year because they couldn't get the sights.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by spartakis252 View Post
    That is a full frame, one of the best full size on the planet, a Sig P226 MK25. The Anchor is on there because that is the official sidearm of the Navy SEALs.

But I’d still recommend a Glock 17 or 19. Mostly because it’s half the price of a MK25 and it will get the job done just the same.
    1/3 Price if you go with police trades.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Dauphin County)

In 2015 my Act 235 certification with a .380 Makarov. I scored around 142 with it, I think. I had to put a little bit of white nail polish on the front post and put a coat of clear on top. It really helped seeing the sight this way because the range was a little on the dark side. Afterwards I went out and bought a S&W M&P 9 full size for right around $300 to $330, came with a mail in rebate for 3 free magazines too. I carry both but more often I carry the Smith due to the capacity of 17+1. For work I'm required to carry a Berretta 92 in 9mm.
    Last edited by spandexlurch; June 19th, 2018 at 04:42 AM.
    "Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things."- Marvin Heemeyer

Quote Originally Posted by spandexlurch View Post
    In 2015 my Act 235 certification with a .380 Makarov. I scored around 142 with it, I think. I had to put a little bit of white nail polish on the front post and put a coat of clear on top. It really helped seeing the sight this way because the range was a little on the dark side. Afterwards I went out and bought a S&W M&P 9 full size for right around $300 to $330, came with a mail in rebate for 3 free magazines too. I carry both but more often I carry the Smith due to the capacity of 17+1. For work I'm required to carry a Berretta 92 in 9mm.
    good to hear. i took the vp9 to the range and love it as much as the rental. it just needs broken in. school is in september, they need 4 students to hold the class. i believe northhampton was the one. lehigh valley was only nights for two weeks and i work until class starts.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by fallenleader View Post
    good to hear. i took the vp9 to the range and love it as much as the rental. it just needs broken in. school is in september, they need 4 students to hold the class. i believe northhampton was the one. lehigh valley was only nights for two weeks and i work until class starts.
    Good luck, it's not a difficult course to run. Don't rush yourself when shooting, I know they say you have only so much time to shoot at each distance but it's more than enough to get good aimed shots. Out of about 20 people in my class we had 3 to 4 fail. 2 failed because they went out and bought shields two days before class, never shot before and wouldn't listen to the instructors. One guy failed and blamed the gun, he was shooting a glock in 40cal, I don't know the model and he kept saying how he hated shooting that gun.
    "Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things."- Marvin Heemeyer

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678