Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Local Assault Weapon Ban

Upper Darby councilwoman proposes assault weapons ban in township

https://foac-pac.org/Pennsylvania:-U...News-Item/8114

Shortly after the mass shooting in Parkland, Florida in February, Democrat Councilwoman Sekela Coles proposed a resolution be adopted banning assault weapons and high-capacity magazines in the township.

“It’s a hot-button issue. I don’t want to offend anyone’s Second Amendment rights and the resolution would, in no way, violate their Second Amendment rights.”
    Bullshit

“I’m all for gun control,” Police Superintendent Michael Chitwood said. “If it becomes the law we would enforce the law. I can’t enforce a resolution. The law would have to come from the state for us to enforce it. I have no problem enforcing gun laws.”

Mayor Thomas Micozzie thinks the resolution is a waste of time.

“If we pass a resolution and send it to Harrisburg it will never see the light of day,” Micozzie said. “We live in a representative government with representatives elected to serve in each branch. That’s where the emphasis should be given. It should be given at the level that has the power to legislate not digest or imply. My time and council’s time quite frankly could be better spent on issues reflected in the districts or township we are elected to represent, issues that affect us instead of the time spent discussing and meeting on issues that only show a vote with no substantial input to state or national debate. The primary purpose of the mayor and council is not global issues we have no control over.”

I don't know the Mayors position on firearms, but he seems to be thinking clearly.
    Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Local Assault Weapon Ban

How much more are we going to take this? These people obviously don't care....It's time to make them feel uncomfortable. Go to these meeting with facts and in great numbers. Show them we're tired of this BS---they were elected to UPHOLD and protect the State Constitution. Where the hell does it state to limit guns or arms? Nowhere---end of story. Someone needs to sue these treasonous pricks for government over reach and lying under oath.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

Bring it on chitwood!

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    Bring it on chitwood!
    Chitwood said that while he supports gun control, he would not be able to enforce a resolution or any laws that don't come from the state.

(Beaver County)

Why don't they just ban all crime, that would fix everything by golly. Utopia at last.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by john9001 View Post
    Why don't they just ban all crime, that would fix everything by golly. Utopia at last.
    Because for the political criminals they can't fully execute their crimes unless we're unarmed....
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    Chitwood said that while he supports gun control, he would not be able to enforce a resolution or any laws that don't come from the state.
    He also said he would enforce the law. He doesnt want people owning guns,
    dont let anybody tell you different,. A friend of mine worked for him as a cop for 25yrs,
    he's very anti.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    How much more are we going to take this? These people obviously don't care....It's time to make them feel uncomfortable. Go to these meeting with facts and in great numbers. Show them we're tired of this BS---they were elected to UPHOLD and protect the State Constitution. Where the hell does it state to limit guns or arms? Nowhere---end of story. Someone needs to sue these treasonous pricks for government over reach and lying under oath.
    I think you misspelled the fourth word in that sentence.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Perhaps the local residents could submit a petition stating that, despite local ordinances, they resolve not to pay any local taxes.

Since we're all now apparently free to ignore any laws we don't like.

I may be drafting my personal "sanctuary home" rules. Although my boro hasn't done anything really stupid lately, with the exception of some inane traffic changes so that our busiest road is being narrowed down to one lane to allow more on-street parking for the local influential small businesses. Evidently there's some sort of competition for "worst traffic spot in town" and every block wants in on it.

Seriously, they could make driver's ed films here.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Perhaps the local residents could submit a petition stating that, despite local ordinances, they resolve not to pay any local taxes.

Since we're all now apparently free to ignore any laws we don't like.

I may be drafting my personal "sanctuary home" rules. Although my boro hasn't done anything really stupid lately, with the exception of some inane traffic changes so that our busiest road is being narrowed down to one lane to allow more on-street parking for the local influential small businesses. Evidently there's some sort of competition for "worst traffic spot in town" and every block wants in on it.

Seriously, they could make driver's ed films here.
    Could be worse. Could be bike lanes.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast