Upper Darby councilwoman proposes assault weapons ban in township

https://foac-pac.org/Pennsylvania:-U...News-Item/8114

Shortly after the mass shooting in Parkland, Florida in February, Democrat Councilwoman Sekela Coles proposed a resolution be adopted banning assault weapons and high-capacity magazines in the township.

“It’s a hot-button issue. I don’t want to offend anyone’s Second Amendment rights and the resolution would, in no way, violate their Second Amendment rights.”
Bullshit

“I’m all for gun control,” Police Superintendent Michael Chitwood said. “If it becomes the law we would enforce the law. I can’t enforce a resolution. The law would have to come from the state for us to enforce it. I have no problem enforcing gun laws.”

Mayor Thomas Micozzie thinks the resolution is a waste of time.

“If we pass a resolution and send it to Harrisburg it will never see the light of day,” Micozzie said. “We live in a representative government with representatives elected to serve in each branch. That’s where the emphasis should be given. It should be given at the level that has the power to legislate not digest or imply. My time and council’s time quite frankly could be better spent on issues reflected in the districts or township we are elected to represent, issues that affect us instead of the time spent discussing and meeting on issues that only show a vote with no substantial input to state or national debate. The primary purpose of the mayor and council is not global issues we have no control over.”

I don't know the Mayors position on firearms, but he seems to be thinking clearly.