Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Pennsylvania Gun Control hearing

Quote Originally Posted by Yoder View Post
    I seen it. All I'm saying is 2k people isn't shit compared to 500k in D.C.. Mom's and everyone else didn't show up since it wasn't significant. They would have done us a favor if they showed up in force. Maybe we would have made the actual news. If we can't put up numbers like the opposition nobody is going to give a rats ass. I know the other side gets paid and has celebrities and everything else and we don't. As a politician what will you worry about more, 2k in PA or a half million in D.C along with main stream media. We need some serious help. I know we have as much or more support than they do but we can't seem to get the response.
    The only rallies I've seen that big were the 9/12 project and Tea party rallies. Gun rallies typically are 100-200 at most. Would I love to see 10% of PA gun owners show up---500,000? Yes, that would be awesome, but not realistic. That's why we need to get the word out ----each and every one of us could be doing more. Emailing friends, gun shops, shooting ranges, etc. Heck, we have 25000 plus members on this site and we can't get 1/2 of them to this rally? Why? I don't know for sure, but we should have at least 10,000 people at this yearly rally. Should we shoot for that number to make it happen? I think we should and can----thoughts?
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

(Montgomery County)

"So many people "? I didn't see it that way. So many people would have been 100k, not 2k. It was the first one I attended and I was expecting mayhem. I thought there would be a bunch of crazy anti protesters. They didn't even bother to show up. They knew it wasn't wort it for the small group of us that showed up. We just can't organize like the left. I wish the NRA would use it's power to organize people. We don't have a Bloomberg on our side.
    It is an error in judgement to compare a state event with a national event.
    By definition any state event involves a smaller group of people than a national event.

You're comparing a true grassroots state event, with a commercialized centrally funded national event that flew and bused paid participants to DC from all over the country.
    Grassroots state events are about activating voters to capture seats in the state legislature and redirect the state government to reflect the will of the people.
    Commercialized national events are about creating a media spectacle in an attempt to convince voters and legislators that there is popular support for their cause.

The paid participants (90%) and underage students (10%) that were transported to DC for the media spectacle have no power in and of themselves to change the vote.
    So their agenda is all about convincing people, yourself included, to believe that an overwhelming majority of the country agrees with their paid point of view.

If people don't allow themselves to be influenced by a commercialized media event, then it is as if it didn't happen at all.
    By contrast, the Harrisburg rally participants will interact with the state legislature and vote in elections, and they will influence the people in their orbit to do the same.
    In the smaller state level arena, 600-800 politically activated people that represent several thousand registered voters, can and do change election outcomes.

Our task here is simple.
    We need to recognize that the Liberal Democrat major media will never promote the true grassroots support for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
    So we need to shift our focus to an area where we can cause positive political change without the support of the Liberal Democrat major media.
    This means we need to focus on informing and organizing the true grassroots state voters, and we need to ensure a large voter turnout in the 2018 election.

The Harrisburg rally essentially represents the activated grassroots base that is willing to do the work required to get out the vote in the fast approaching 2018 election.
    If you are tired of being vilified in the Liberal Democrat major media, and you are tired of being marginalized politically, then get involved and help us win this fight.

Many of us have had enough, and we are getting organized to fight back against these attacks on our Civil Rights.
    If you want to help protect the Second Amendment, our State, and our Country, then please stand up and make this fight your personal responsibility.

The Harrisburg meeting date will be posted shortly, sign up and join us here: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=335272

Bern-
    Last edited by Berncly; May 24th, 2018 at 03:21 PM. Reason: typo
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Indiana County)

It was on PCNC this morning. Some Dingbat from Montgomery County kept wanting to know what was going to be done now to protect the children and didn't want to hear anything about the multiple causes and failures of government or due process.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    The only rallies I've seen that big were the 9/12 project and Tea party rallies. Gun rallies typically are 100-200 at most. Would I love to see 10% of PA gun owners show up---500,000? Yes, that would be awesome, but not realistic. That's why we need to get the word out ----each and every one of us could be doing more. Emailing friends, gun shops, shooting ranges, etc. Heck, we have 25000 plus members on this site and we can't get 1/2 of them to this rally? Why? I don't know for sure, but we should have at least 10,000 people at this yearly rally. Should we shoot for that number to make it happen? I think we should and can----thoughts?
    Yes, those rallies were big enough to scare the shit out of Obama's regime and led to IRS obstruction to try to kill them off. Unfortunately it did to a degree.

Bencly's comments on true grass roots versus paid AstroTurf movements are right on. We need to make sure our reps understand that.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    It was on PCNC this morning. Some Dingbat from Montgomery County kept wanting to know what was going to be done now to protect the children and didn't want to hear anything about the multiple causes and failures of government or due process.
    Watched it....

HB2227 is awful. Beyond the total BS of the bill, the creation of 42 Pa.C.S 64A will allow any PD hating Open Carry to file the Petition. My understanding is the Ron Marsico is planning to move it forward before he retires.

b) Factors.--In determining whether to issue an extreme risk protection order, the court shall consider evidence of the following:
    (1) A history of suicide threats or attempts.
    (2) A history of threats or acts of violence or attempted acts of violence.
    (3) A history of domestic abuse.
    (4) A history of cruelty to animals.
    (5) A history of driving under the influence of alcohol or a controlled substance.
    (6) Recent unlawful use of controlled substances.
    (7) Previous unlawful or reckless use, display or brandishing of a firearm.
    (8) A previous violation of a protection from abuse order under 23 Pa.C.S. Ch. 61 (relating to protection from abuse).
    (9) Acquisition or attempted acquisition within the previous 180 days of a firearm.
    (10) Failure to voluntarily and consistently take medication necessary to control a mental illness.
    (11) A propensity for violent or emotionally unstable conduct.
    (12) Additional information the court finds to be reliable, including a statement by the respondent.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by gooseSA40 View Post
    Watched it....

HB2227 is awful. Beyond the total BS of the bill, the creation of 42 Pa.C.S 64A will allow any PD hating Open Carry to file the Petition. My understanding is the Ron Marsico is planning to move it forward before he retires.

b) Factors.--In determining whether to issue an extreme risk protection order, the court shall consider evidence of the following:
    (1) A history of suicide threats or attempts.
    (2) A history of threats or acts of violence or attempted acts of violence.
    (3) A history of domestic abuse.
    (4) A history of cruelty to animals.
    (5) A history of driving under the influence of alcohol or a controlled substance.
    (6) Recent unlawful use of controlled substances.
    (7) Previous unlawful or reckless use, display or brandishing of a firearm.
    (8) A previous violation of a protection from abuse order under 23 Pa.C.S. Ch. 61 (relating to protection from abuse).
    (9) Acquisition or attempted acquisition within the previous 180 days of a firearm.
    (10) Failure to voluntarily and consistently take medication necessary to control a mental illness.
    (11) A propensity for violent or emotionally unstable conduct.
    (12) Additional information the court finds to be reliable, including a statement by the respondent.
    Number 9 caught my eye... does this mean buying a gun is cause for seizure?
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    Most of us have jobs and don't get bused in, or paid to attend, rallies. The penalty of being employed and productive citizens

Quote Originally Posted by ItchyTick View Post
    Most of us have jobs and don't get bused in, or paid to attend, rallies. The penalty of being employed and productive citizens
    Unfortunately this is why we continue to lose. We stereotype all liberals as college kids or welfare recipients that have nothing better to do than protest. Many are just like us. I don't believe everyone is paid or bussed in. They are organized and fanatical about their cause. They show up.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Chester County)

When does the removing of politicians via the 2A comes into place? Do you have to go up to the SCOTUS first?
    Last edited by ideaman; May 26th, 2018 at 10:07 AM.

(Montgomery County)

Unfortunately this is why we continue to lose. We stereotype all liberals as college kids or welfare recipients that have nothing better to do than protest. Many are just like us. I don't believe everyone is paid or bussed in. They are organized and fanatical about their cause. They show up.
    Every Bloomberg "rally" I've ever seen is populated mostly by wealthy soccer moms and retirees that are flanked by paid Bloomberg operatives and city politicians.
    Recently they have also been adding a sprinkling of school age kids.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast