Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Red face Sooo, how many people have had more guns and ammo than this in your car?

This guy broke New York laws and is now paying. This is why we need to never give up the fight in Pa. Elections have consequences as well as inaction. While far from perfect, we have decent gun rights in Pa. I never want to live in a state where it is almost impossible to get a license to carry (although I believe in Constitutional carry) and things like mag limits can screw you over. Maybe there is more to this story, but damn, I am glad I don’t live in New York.

https://www.lohud.com/story/news/cri...ion/629462002/

Rockland DA: Bronx man had loaded pistol, 'small stockpile' of ammo
    Steve Lieberman

A 37-year-old Bronx man faces up to 15 years in prison for possessing a loaded pistol and ammunition following a jury trial in Rockland County Court.

A jury on Friday convicted Alfonso Cortez of three counts of possessing a weapon as violent felonies after a trial before Judge Kevin Russo at the County Courthouse in New City.

Cortez's sentencing is scheduled for Sept. 5.

The jury convicted Cortez of one count of second-degree criminal weapons possession and two counts of third-degree criminal weapons possession after a trial prosecuted by Senior Assistant District Attorney Nabeela McLeod and defended by a Rockland public defender.

State police found a loaded Smith and Wesson 9mm semi-automatic pistol and ammunition during a trooper stop on Sept. 19, 2017, along the Palisades Interstate Parkway in Orangetown, according to the Rockland District Attorney's Office.

The loaded gun and a small stockpile of ammunition in the defendant's vehicle posed a potential threat to public safety," District Attorney Thomas Zugibe said. "It's disturbing that so much deadly firepower was moving through our community. The defendant now faces a lengthy term of incarceration for his actions.”

A state trooper stopped Cortez's truck heading north on the Palisades Interstate Parkway in Orangetown. The trooper searched the car and recovered a locked, metal gun safe containing the loaded pistol, Zugibe said.

The gun held 15 rounds in the clip and one round in the chamber, he said.

The trooper also seized a gun cleaning kit and two loaded Smith and Wesson .9mm magazines. Zugibe said one magazine contained 15 9mm rounds and the second magazine contained 16 9mm rounds — both considered large-capacity ammunition feeding devices, Zugibe said.

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

Default Re: Sooo, how many people have had more guns and ammo than this in your car?

Sadly, adhering to FOPA to get to a gun friendly new england state could be interpreted as "deadly firepower" (because who really wants undeadly firepower?!?!) in the eyes of a New York liberal.

It is sad/foolish that the guy went to all that trouble to lock up his gun, but still did not follow New York laws. Half a hole is still a hole!

Default Re: Sooo, how many people have had more guns and ammo than this in your car?

I have 4 Glock 18 mags in a pouch loaded to 31 rounds each plus a 5th loaded mag in a AK9 MM pistol that I plan to use as a SHTF trunk gun when traveling all over PA with the family this summer.

Plus I have my EDC and an spare mag on me for another 17 rounds total.

I have never been to jail, I love kids, and puppies.
    Last edited by Hodgie; May 21st, 2018 at 10:36 PM.

(Warren County)

Aaaaand thats why I will never go back to NY of NJ or MD.
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

I got stopped with everything I own in my car once and the cop said have a nice day at the range.

Quote Originally Posted by :-) View Post
    I got stopped with everything I own in my car once and the cop said have a nice day at the range.
    When I moved I had to rent a uhaul medium sized enclosed trailer to move my firearm and ammunition collection. It took up about 70% of the trailer and then I filled the rest with the contents of my shed to hide it all.

Glad I didn't get pulled over that day.

(Bucks County)

Don't you at least have to have one full box of ammo for it to be considered a stockpile?

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    Don't you at least have to have one full box of ammo for it to be considered a stockpile?
    I may or may not have 100 rounds each or 9mm and 223 as well as 20 12gauge in each vehicle at all times.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

By NY standards, I think my ammo supply is a "depot".

(Philadelphia County)

I wonder what prompted the stoppage and the subsequent vehicle search?
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast