Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Finishing a polymer80 Spectre (pistol) lower in PA as a non-resident

Quote Originally Posted by :-) View Post
    Yes, I already know this. It is not legal to manufacture in NJ. Not asking about NJ. Asking about manufacturing in PA while visiting.

Default Re: Finishing a polymer80 Spectre (pistol) lower in PA as a non-resident

You can't buy a real handgun here and drive home with it. So why would you be able to build one here if you can't build one in NJ?
    Last edited by :-); May 21st, 2018 at 06:59 PM.

You can't buy a real handgun here. So why would you be able to build one here if you can't build one in NJ?
    Because different states have different laws?

I know NJ firearms law extremely well, but know little of PA.

Does PA law prohibit an non-PA resident from manufacturing a handgun?

(Lackawanna County)

You seem to know what you want so why bother asking

Quote Originally Posted by NathanB View Post
    You seem to know what you want so why bother asking
    Because it's really a simple question, if everyone can stop getting hung up on the NJ side of things, and it hasn't been answered yet.

How about this - is there a link to PA firearms code that would include regulations (or lack thereof) on manufacturing that I can look at?

That was already answered.
    If you want to finish your build, move to PA, get a PA drivers license and an address.

Saying you did it in PA, won't make it ok in NJ.
    Last edited by :-); May 22nd, 2018 at 07:15 AM.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyDigz View Post
    Because it's really a simple question, if everyone can stop getting hung up on the NJ side of things, and it hasn't been answered yet.

How about this - is there a link to PA firearms code that would include regulations (or lack thereof) on manufacturing that I can look at?
    I answered you. AFAIK there are no laws preventing you from making one in PA. But your intention is to bring it back to NJ and even you know that will get you in trouble.

Why are you trolling for someone here to tell you it is OK to break the law?

Same with your BB gun vs Real hand gun.
    Sure you can buy a BB gun at any toy store. But it doesn't make it ok in NJ.
    You arn't buying a hand gun out of state and driving home with it, it's not happening. It MUST go through an FFL in the buyer's home state of residence.
    Last edited by :-); May 21st, 2018 at 11:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post
    I answered you. AFAIK there are no laws preventing you from making one in PA.
    Thank you - reading back I missed your earlier answer. Perhaps the "go back to your shithole" part was distracting to me.

But your intention is to bring it back to NJ and even you know that will get you in trouble.

Why are you trolling for someone here to tell you it is OK to break the law?
    No, I don't know that it will get me in trouble and in fact I can't think of a NJ law that it breaks.

Acquired legally outside of NJ? Yes.

Transported legally into NJ? Yes (unloaded in a locked/fastened container)

Resulting handgun frame legal in NJ? Yes.

There is no NJ statute that requires that a firearm have a serial # that I'm aware of, but if I were to do this I'd get a serial # engraved on it in advance anyway.

I'm not trolling - I'm seriously trying to determine if this is legal.

Same with your BB gun vs Real hand gun.
    Sure you can buy a BB gun at any toy store. But it doesn't make it ok in NJ.
    You arn't buying a hand gun out of state and driving home with it, it's not happening. It MUST go through an FFL in the buyer's home state of residence.
    But I'm not buying hand gun out of state.

I'm transporting a non-firearm into PA. Once in PA, it becomes a firearm. Then I transport it legally back out.

Do you as a PA resident have to go through an FFL if you finish an 80% lower?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast