Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: PC Carbine Reliability Reports

If Tanner's facebook page is any indication, they're getting in enough PC Carbines to cover their pre-sales this week. That means I should have mine soon after. I'll report back how reliable it is after I've put some rounds down range.

Got my hands on one today.

now to get more glock magazines.
    a slow death awaits you,but not before love reminds you that there is good in you

If your looking for OEM G18 mags these guys have the best price right now.

https://www.armsunlimited.com/GLOCK-...ine-p/1833.htm

If your looking for aftermarket then PSA has the ETS clear 30 rounders for $13.99 ea which is the best deal around. I have ETS but never used them. There’s a definite difference in build quality as compared to an OEM.

(Berks County)

Last edited by Gunsnwater; June 2nd, 2018 at 06:42 PM.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

From what I see neither have G18 mags.

shot mine with a can on it today using 147gr cast lubed with 3.2 of unique .

might go just a little lighter on the charge as the bolt is kinda zippy and even at 150 yards the bullet sounds like a cinder block being airdropped into the dirt.
    a slow death awaits you,but not before love reminds you that there is good in you

Took my PC Carbine to the range yesterday and ran some Glock-type KCI 33 rnd and ETS 31 rnd clear mags through it. Also ran a 50 rnd Korean drum mag. The ETS mags and the drum mag ran flawlessly. The KCI mags, not so much. Out of the three I brought, I had constant failures to feed out of one mag, a couple of feeding issues with another, and the third mag worked almost 100%, but only if I held the mag steady in the gun. The ETS and the drum mag fit snugly in the Ruger's magwell. The KCI mags were very loose. Not sure if that was the cause or if it might be weak springs. I just bought these mags for this gun and my PAK-9. Speaking of which, I ran the KCI mags in my PAK-9 and had the same feeding issues, just not as badly. The mags seemed to fit more snugly in the PAK-9's magwell. I'm leaning towards it being loose mags in the PC Carbine, but I'm not sure how to fix that problem short of wrapping the mag with duck tape.

Anyone else have any mags that fit loosely in the PC Carbine. I mean like rattle can loose?

I did run the rifle with the Ruger mag that came with it and had no problems with that using the Ruger magwell. I don't have any standard capacity Glock mags to try, so I may have to buy or borrow some from my dad and see how they run.

I can't get any of my KCI stick mags which run excellent in my Glocks to lock into my PAK-9 unless I hold the bolt back, once locked in the bolt gets hung up so it's a no go for me. Glock mags work of course and ETS appear to be fine however I have not tried to run round dsl through them yet.

(Elk County)

I was given three KCI G19 mags, and only one of the three would feed with any semblance of consistency and reliability in a couple G19s. Upon disassembly, it was obvious why; the spring wire diameter was visibly smaller in diameter than that of a Glock-made G19 mag. Just for giggles I swapped the mag springs between KCI and Glock mags and the feeding was much better, but still had two failures in 100 rds fired. Swapped the springs back, and promptly pitched the still-disassembled KCI mags in the trash. I have only Glock-made G19 mags, many came with guns, many picked up used at gun shows and shops.

Maybe some work for others, but IMO, friends don't let friends buy KCI mags.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

I have two G19 KCI mags that I rebuilt using +10% power springs from Wolf, OEM followers, and spare take off base plates I had laying around and they run as reliable as factory mags now. That being said I never carry or use anything other then OEM mags in a competition including Pmags as they kinda suck too.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast