Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Pike County)

Default Bought vacation house, found 2 rifles in the garage

Basically, subj.

Now I have 2 extra bolt action rifles. Quite rusty, though. One is .22, judging by the barrel and chamber, the other one, my best guess is .30 carbine. Brief inspection didn't reveal any caliber, make or model references and I didn't have time for more throughout check. I couldn't identify the pieces right off the bat. The .30 cal has 1911 stamped on the receiver. Looks old and rusty, but salvageable an might actually worth something. Barrel, muzzle and breach look fine. The .22 will probably end up at the next gun buyback

I left them there for now, will collect them next time, want to run serial# with my police buddies, to make sure they weren't stolen, but if they were, then I'll be happy to return them to the rightful owner (and let them deal with the rust ).

Update: given the features that I noticed, such as pretty distinct internal magazine - looks like the second rifle is Italian Carcano 1891.
    Last edited by Metz; May 20th, 2018 at 08:12 PM.
    Je suis déplorable

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Bought vacation house, found 2 rifles in the garage

Nothing like finding a surprise in your new purchase...Pics before and after the clean up...

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by RenoV8 View Post
    Nothing like finding a surprise in your new purchase...Pics before and after the clean up...
    Definitely.
    Je suis déplorable

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Metz View Post
    Basically, subj.

Now I have 2 extra bolt action rifles. Quite rusty, though. One is .22, judging by the barrel and chamber, the other one, my best guess is .30 carbine. Brief inspection didn't reveal any caliber, make or model references and I didn't have time for more throughout check. I couldn't identify the pieces right off the bat. The .30 cal has 1911 stamped on the receiver. Looks old and rusty, but salvageable an might actually worth something. Barrel, muzzle and breach look fine. The .22 will probably end up at the next gun buyback

I left them there for now, will collect them next time, want to run serial# with my police buddies, to make sure they weren't stolen, but if they were, then I'll be happy to return them to the rightful owner (and let them deal with the rust ).

Update: given the features that I noticed, such as pretty distinct internal magazine - looks like the second rifle is Italian Carcano 1891.
    Congrats on your purchase and find

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

Nice find!

Very nice find and good for you! If those were left behind maybe their is more. Do some digging in the eves and stuff. I know of a guy who found a $2500 sword in his eves.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    Very nice find and good for you! If those were left behind maybe their is more. Do some digging in the eves and stuff. I know of a guy who found a $2500 sword in his eves.
    I also found freezer full of food. I guess the food is as old as the rifles, but at least the thing works, everything is frozen solid and I can throw it out and keep the freezer

Anyone needs motorized wheelchair in questionable condition and half a dozen tube TVs?
    Je suis déplorable

(Lehigh County)

I also found freezer full of food. I guess the food is as old as the rifles, but at least the thing works, everything is frozen solid and I can throw it out and keep the freezer

Anyone needs motorized wheelchair in questionable condition and half a dozen tube TVs?
    When you clean out the freezer, remember those used to be popular hiding places for cash. Might want to check the bundles.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

I'm going to assume that your new property is located in Pennsylvania, because otherwise you'd be violating Federal law if you kept them. Unless you became a resident of the other state. Or have an FFL.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Yea I would be interested in the chair. What county is it in?
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast