Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Wayne County)

Default Edible/Medicinal Plant Walk - June 9, 2018 - Tobyhanna State Park

10am to 12pm

Join Sandcut Outdoors for a morning of herbal lore along Tobyhanna Lake. Learn about the natural history of the unique plants of northeastern PA as you walk along the lake trail.

Meet at the parking lot located along SR 423, just west of the Tobyhanna Lake dam for 9:45 am. This program is suitable for ages 8 to adult. Wear comfortable shoes and bring a bottle of water. The walk will mostly be held along the flat lake trail, but may wander off trail onto rocky, uneven terrain on occasion. This walk is free of charge, but registration is required. To register, email your name and number attending to SandcutOutdoorsLLC@gmail.com . Group size will be limited to 30 participants.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Schuylkill County)

Default Re: Edible/Medicinal Plant Walk - June 9, 2018 - Tobyhanna State Park

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    10am to 12pm

Join Sandcut Outdoors for a morning of herbal lore along Tobyhanna Lake. Learn about the natural history of the unique plants of northeastern PA as you walk along the lake trail.

Meet at the parking lot located along SR 423, just west of the Tobyhanna Lake dam for 9:45 am. This program is suitable for ages 8 to adult. Wear comfortable shoes and bring a bottle of water. The walk will mostly be held along the flat lake trail, but may wander off trail onto rocky, uneven terrain on occasion. This walk is free of charge, but registration is required. To register, email your name and number attending to SandcutOutdoorsLLC@gmail.com . Group size will be limited to 30 participants.
    My grandmother ( Pa Dutch ) was an expert with medicinal plants. Had an enormous herb garden; and she cooked up anything & everything for ailments. She even grew weed. I was a kid ( early 50s ) so what did I know. For menstrual cramps & migraines. She made a tea. True story. I'm sure she grew other plants that were dangerous if not handled correctly. I knew of no problems that ever occurred. She also did that Pow Wow thing. There is a great book; if you can find it. Earth Medicine - Earth Foods by Michael A. Weiner. Basic, but interesting. Probably one on eBay.
    Last edited by Jimsouth33; October 16th, 2018 at 11:33 AM.

Sorry, count me out of this BBQ...not into the "medicinal" plants.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    Sorry, count me out of this BBQ...not into the "medicinal" plants.
    I see you posted; My wife sells stun guns and pepper spray! PM me for info! When my cousin was taking the subway to school - work in Philadelphia, she carried an antique autopsy scalpel. Jesus - Mary - & Joseph; I'd rather be shot than deal with a knife like that. One piece of surgical stainless, with a 4 inch blade you could save with. It would cut clean through a heavy leather jacket, and then down to business.