Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: 3 gun

(Cumberland County)

Default 3 gun

So I rushed on my shotgun. Can a pump be used in this competition. Not concerned with being laughed at or even looked down upon. I am a man of limited resources and I meet with a club next week for membership approval. Worse case scenario, I use range with single firearm. If a semi auto is mandatory may take another month to get what I need.

If a pump can be used Im also not concerned with taking 2 seconds of my time....I want this to be fun and not a stressful competition.

Regards

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: 3 gun

Yes it can

You can be quite competetive running a pump gun. Welcome to the sport!

(Lancaster County)

Check it out...

(Adams County)

Not about what you have but how well you use it. You can't miss fast enough with a $1500 Shotgun, that can't easy be made up by someone with a pump who hits everything.
    Hell is other people

(Montgomery County)

I go to competitions regularly... usually 3 weekends a month of varied types. I have not seen a single incident where someone talked negatively about the gear someone else was using. At a competition, you are not going to get laughed at by gear choice and you are not going to get looked down at. That is insecurity that exists in you... let it go. The people that I have encountered at shooting competitions are friendly, open minded people that are there to have a good time.

Go to a match and watch. Bring your eyes and ear protection and chat people up. It will allay your fear of not being cool.

I will gladly (and so will most of my usual squad mates) let a newbie shoot my cool custom shotgun at a competition, just bring the shells.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

I always have relatively cheap gear. Last three gun I shot all three of my guns cost less than most of the competitors shotguns. Lots of guys were dressed up like Navy Seals. I wore a pink shirt with a panda on it. My shotgun reloads came from my pouch I bought for skeet shooting. I was using my kids youth model 1100 20 ga. I placed 3rd in what you would consider production, no optics. To me, that is awesome. You can't buy skill. Just be competent with the gear you have.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.