Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Moms demand action at Reading museum on June 2nd (wear orange day)

Moms demand action is going to protest at the Reading public museum on June 2nd. This according to WFMZ news. The city is treading on this ice with me. I like the museum, however if they are going to support this type of activity, I may never spend a dime there ever again. MDA is also backing and pushing for state bill 501. This is the bill trying to disarm more people over domestic violence. I don't quite understand the bill. Maybe someone can elaborate.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Moms demand action at Reading museum on June 2nd (wear orange day)

Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    Moms demand action is going to protest at the Reading public museum on June 2nd. This according to WFMZ news. The city is treading on this ice with me. I like the museum, however if they are going to support this type of activity, I may never spend a dime there ever again. MDA is also backing and pushing for state bill 501. This is the bill trying to disarm more people over domestic violence. I don't quite understand the bill. Maybe someone can elaborate.
    I would like to see them go to some of the more interesting parts of reading, and protest.

McIlvane street comes to mind.
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

Quote Originally Posted by jakebrake View Post
    I would like to see them go to some of the more interesting parts of reading, and protest.

McIlvane street comes to mind.
    Or on top of the Mt. Penn at the pagoda on a Friday or Saturday night. Is it legal for the City to allow protesting on City property? IDK.

(Bucks County)

Or on top of the Mt. Penn at the pagoda on a Friday or Saturday night.
    think they'd want a gun?
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

Quote Originally Posted by jakebrake View Post
    think they'd want a gun?
    IDK of a single place in Reading that I wouldn't want a gun. It would be great if they were mugged by a thug, while protesting against guns.

(Chester County)

I think we are going to see more, and more government entities supporting more gun control legislation, and restrictions. Look what we saw with the Parkland shooting. School Districts (government) all over the country actively supported, funded, and allowed school property to be used for the walk out DURING school hours. Therefore the taxpayers are being forced to support political views in which they may disagree.

Very similar to what goes on with Public Sector Unions, and that inherent conflict of interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot321 View Post
    I think we are going to see more, and more government entities supporting more gun control legislation, and restrictions. Look what we saw with the Parkland shooting. School Districts (government) all over the country actively supported, funded, and allowed school property to be used for the walk out DURING school hours. Therefore the taxpayers are being forced to support political views in which they may disagree.

Very similar to what goes on with Public Sector Unions, and that inherent conflict of interest.
    Sadly gun owner will be at the end of our rope very soon. Being attacked on the local, state, and Federal level will break the financial backs of the NRA and all other 2A orgs who fight the battles in the courts.

Will guns go completely away from the landscape? Not in our lifetimes but I think we will be able to look back and say that we lived in the good ole days of cool semi auto rifles and pistols and they were really great. Unless something major happens in this country or perhaps the word I don’t see much in any real meaningful momentum happening for us in the courts or with the thinking of the mass indoctrinated we seem to be churning out.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Sadly gun owner will be at the end of our rope very soon. Being attacked on the local, state, and Federal level will break the financial backs of the NRA and all other 2A orgs who fight the battles in the courts.

Will guns go completely away from the landscape? Not in our lifetimes but I think we will be able to look back and say that we lived in the good ole days of cool semi auto rifles and pistols and they were really great. Unless something major happens in this country or perhaps the word I don’t see much in any real meaningful momentum happening for us in the courts or with the thinking of the mass indoctrinated we seem to be churning out.
    Our only hope is getting a clear, conservative majority on the Supreme Court, which would hopefully make them willing to hear more gun law cases. That is the only way to roll back some of these unconstitutional State, and Local gun laws.

I would agree but until one of them retires or drops dead and can be replaced within the next two years it’s going to be more of the same if them refusing to hear any 2nd Amendment cases that have been clearly violated by the lower courts.