Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Inside the Massive U.S. 'Border Zone'

The article is Liberal drivel, designed to make this audience of Conservatives, help that demographic of Liberals, to cripple the effort of removing the criminal illegal aliens in this country.
    My point is that the entire argument is academic if we don't retake our government.
    We can't solve any problem unless we retake our government.
    So let's focus on retaking our government, and not allow ourselves to be distracted by Liberal drivel.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    This article tries to use inflammatory examples that threaten average US citizens, with the goal of weakening overall immigration enforcement for illegal aliens.
    I agree. The author is twisting some of the "facts". Yes, 65% of the US population lives within 100 miles of our border. But.... to come up with this percentage the writer had to use the Atlantic and Pacific seaboards so he could capture large cities like NYC, Boston, Philadelphia... last time I checked we don't have illegals landing on the beaches of Ocean City, MD by the hundreds each week. The truth is a very, very small percentage of American citizens live in the desert border towns.

By the way... I spent several years at Ft Huachuca, AZ, approx. 20 miles north of the border, and not far from Arivaca . I've hunted, ridden motorcycles/ATVs, hiked, and camped all through Cochise and Pima Counties. This is scrub desert, it is not "surrounded by grasslands". I'm wondering if the author has even set foot on the ground there. I can tell you from first hand experience the illegal border crossers are a problem. The amount of thefts, property damage, drug smuggling, etc is a threat to the locals if not the entire country.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by MT1 View Post
    I agree. The author is twisting some of the "facts". Yes, 65% of the US population lives within 100 miles of our border. But.... to come up with this percentage the writer had to use the Atlantic and Pacific seaboards so he could capture large cities like NYC, Boston, Philadelphia... last time I checked we don't have illegals landing on the beaches of Ocean City, MD by the hundreds each week. The truth is a very, very small percentage of American citizens live in the desert border towns.
    If we live within 100 miles, we are subject to the reduced liberties mentioned within. I think *that* is the point he's trying to make.

My 2¢

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12