Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast
    (Clearfield County)

Default Re: Texas high school shooting 5/18/18

Quote Originally Posted by normanvin View Post
    We used to have an old woman who would wander the streets pushing a shopping cart with a long trench coat is the coat, year round. Odd? Hell yeah but she never killed anyone.

My point is we are all slightly twisted in one way or another.
    The important part is we can start demanding all odd behavior needs to be investigated. Nothing should go beyond government scrutiny.

(Wayne County)

I never did get the Goth look either.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    The important part is we can start demanding all odd behavior needs to be investigated. Nothing should go beyond government scrutiny.
    I don't want all off behavior investigated. Why would I want that? Isn't it off you have more than one gun? He drives a Chevy, isn't that off. That chunky girl wants to be a cheer leader.

Who decides odd? We have kids being brought up to the alphabet people over and over and they do nothing. That's odd.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

I have an idea on how to possibly stop these school shooting and it would not violate anyone's right. At least I think it would help the situation. It would seem that the one thing that most of these shooting have in common is social media. It would seem to me that if you removed the under 18 folks from social media, a lot of these assaults may not occur. So banning underage use of social media would be my first step in trying to reduce, if not eliminate these school shootings.

Ban social media for anyone under 18.

It would also have other benefits too. But I won't discuss those at this time.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Qtrborecrazy View Post
    I never did get the Goth look either.
    if it's "real", it's not a look. it's a warning sign. "emo" is a look. Goth is more suicidal.
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    I read on CNN that he told the cops that he intended on killing himself then got scared and couldn’t go through it.

give me a fucking sledgehammer....i'll be happy to help!
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

(Montgomery County)

Re: wearing a trench coat in 90deg weather: I went to highschool in South Florida in the mid 90's - and there were a ton of dorks that wore trenchcoat year round to look "cool". Yes, it was before Columbine.... but the point is that high school kids do stuff to stand out - one of which is wearing clothing that is non-standard.

Solution? Uniforms? Not sure you can prevent a kid from wearing a coat to school, though. I don't think uniforms are a solution to anything, though.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by j_h_smith View Post
    I have an idea on how to possibly stop these school shooting and it would not violate anyone's right. At least I think it would help the situation. It would seem that the one thing that most of these shooting have in common is social media. It would seem to me that if you removed the under 18 folks from social media, a lot of these assaults may not occur. So banning underage use of social media would be my first step in trying to reduce, if not eliminate these school shootings.

Tired of people thinking "banning" something will make up for the utter lack of respect and personal responsibility. It's as bad as banning guns...it's not the gun or facebook causing this...IT'S THE INDIVIDUALS!
    Small hand made batches of beef jerky...Mountain Meats and More on Face Book

Quote Originally Posted by j_h_smith View Post

Now we are getting some where but it’s a place that current society cannot live without and would never let go of.

Do we need to ban it? Probably not but we do need to understand that a whole lot of bad is coming with some of the good.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Roadking View Post
    Tired of people thinking "banning" something will make up for the utter lack of respect and personal responsibility. It's as bad as banning guns...it's not the gun or facebook causing this...IT'S THE INDIVIDUALS!
    All true ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

But I'm sure there's a cocktail of circumstances that led to this event:

Bullying by peers and adults
    Complete failure of school administration
    Violent video games
    Marginal parenting
    Adverse pharmaceutical "solutions"
    Progressive agendas
    Lack of adult role models
    Total absence of accountability

Just wondering, does anybody know what this kids art project looked like?
    - bamboomaster

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast