Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: Texas high school shooting 5/18/18

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Do we need to ban it? Probably not but we do need to understand that a whole lot of bad is coming with some of the good.
    Social media is a tremendous source of threat intelligence for LE agencies to leverage. The challenge is it takes sophisticated cyber algorithms to glean threat data and humans to analyze it... small LE agencies don’t have the resources to manage, like federal agencies do. The federal agencies need to more effectively push the threat intelligence out to local LE agencies.

I’m a security practitioner and the company I work for has a whole department dedicated to cyber security to protect our interests.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    Social media is a tremendous source of threat intelligence for LE agencies to leverage. The challenge is it takes sophisticated cyber algorithms to glean threat data and humans to analyze it... small LE agencies don’t have the resources to manage, like federal agencies do. The federal agencies need to more effectively push the threat intelligence out to local LE agencies.

I’m a security practitioner and the company I work for has a whole department dedicated to cyber security to protect our interests.
    I would speculate that gun, and political forums are more closely monitored. No?

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot321 View Post
    I would speculate that gun, and political forums are more closely monitored. No?
    Rhetorical question?

Quote Originally Posted by j_h_smith View Post
    I have an idea on how to possibly stop these school shooting and it would not violate anyone's right. At least I think it would help the situation. It would seem that the one thing that most of these shooting have in common is social media. It would seem to me that if you removed the under 18 folks from social media, a lot of these assaults may not occur. So banning underage use of social media would be my first step in trying to reduce, if not eliminate these school shootings.

Ban social media for anyone under 18.

It would also have other benefits too. But I won't discuss those at this time.
    That would be nice if it worked, but Columbine happened long before social media. I certainly agree that adolescents spend entirely too much time in the fantasy world of social media, but most don't become criminals as a result no more than lawful gun owners become criminals.

It's clear that we have been slowly warping youth (particularly young men IMO) in recent generations in multiple ways from technology, to sociologically, to religion, and more ways than I can mention.

The big problem is the upcoming generations will always be the lab rats of our current and changing society. Change was slow and predictable prior to the industrial revolution. Every generation since has been exponentially exposed to industrial/technological advancement. I see young kids today going into school far more advanced then anything I could have imagined even 30 years ago. Given the proper opportunities kids are just plain smart at a very young age today, yet we tell them they're children until they're in their mid twenties. We allow them to live in a faux adult world with real adult toys, but expect little responsibility from them, and give them praise when they fail.

To me it only makes sense that the children that don't have the faculties (for numerous reasons) to deal with the current world we are giving them have the ability to lash out in ways we never thought possible. We have been creating this monster for a very long time. Unfortunately the way people want to deal with it is largely as irrational and emotional as the acts of the people being discussed.

I honestly see no solution, other then personal responsibility, and accepting the cost freedom. That means living in a much harsher black and white society then most people want to accept.

(Allegheny County)

When the discussion turns to threats against the 1A, maybe then the left will wake up to the fact that they helped create the problems. A gun is just a tool being used, like the homemade bombs allegedly made, and knives being used in the UK. They are already banning words in the UK and Canada, and in may USA universities.

At the least, just ban smartphones in the classrooms or until a certain age.

Back in the day, if you wanted to be an asshole at school, you whispered to each other or passed nasty notes about how "stinkboy" smells or how "doofus" had holes in her shoes. It mostly ended when the group-think dis-banded for the day to go home.

No so with smartphone access to unsocial media. Maybe if the ill-breds in the class couldn't easily cyberbully classmates all day long with posts as to "shabbybitch" or about "fatty", the targeted girls and boys wouldn't be piled-on 7x24 and get butt-hurt to the point where they off themselves or each other.
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by nfafan View Post
    When the discussion turns to threats against the 1A, maybe then the left will wake up to the fact that they helped create the problems. A gun is just a tool being used, like the homemade bombs allegedly made, and knives being used in the UK. They are already banning words in the UK and Canada, and in may USA universities.
    There has already been moves against the First Amendment from the Left with the mantra of "Hate Speech". Just the concept of Hate Speech is against free speech, and the 1A.

(Bucks County)

So the people that have every aspect of their lives invested in the politics of hate, are the sole arbiters of what constitutes "hate speech"?

Quote Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
    Almost like the media is encouraging this.
    You think?

(Chester County)

A total revamping of our education systems is in order. The first major hurdle is to stop recognizing collective bargaining units for teachers. They should no longer be recognized. Rules for teachers will now be drawn up with parents and taxpayers having the last say in enactment and are strictly enforced. The Japanese had to revamp their schools back in the 90's because they were demanding too much from students, really demanding to the point where suicides were becoming an all too common occurrence. After changing standards and the way they are accomplished and changing some things around things got much better for students and teachers. They still excel in everything they do. Our school systems are light years behind the Asian schools. There isn't even a comparison worth noting. All the schools use uniforms.

Another difference and something that clearly needs to addressed is parent involvement. Stop teachers unions from being involved with the Parent Teacher Association and actively recruit parents to get involved in the education of their children. The solution to the problems with our education systems have to start at the most basic level and work through all the more complicated issues with full parent participation, knowledge and approval. Unless we start at the basic level and work through it along with getting rid of the teachers unions nothing will change. The same things will keep happening over and over again.

There's no one single thing that can solve these problems but it has to start somewhere if change is wanted and needed. All these remedies like armed guards, psychotropic drugs for young children, metal detectors etc... are nothing more than bandages for an education system that is bleeding the life out this country. It's time to change things drastically.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Chester County)

^^^^^^Totally agree. Teacher's unions, and all public sector unions have a far left, Democrat agenda. This agenda has infiltrated our schools, and has become THE priority for alt least the last forty years. The priority has changed from effective teaching methods for practical subject to the focus on the PC, racial, gender, diversity, multicultural, brainwashing. They want to turn out good little anti gun Commies.

Public sector unions are a huge conflict of interest. Who signed that into law? Was it Uncle Milty?

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast