Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Suggestions for high-end doublestack 9mm w/ manual safety

As the title suggests, I'm looking for a doublestack 9mm with a manual safety, an excellent trigger, preferably night sights, and preferably 30+rd mag options. I've been kicking this around for a little while and thought that I had decided on the Beretta/Wilson 92G Centurion Tactical with custom action tune, however, upon calling Wilson I was told that their modification of the manual safety to decocker-only can NOT be reversed. You're stuck with the decocker-only.
    https://www.wilsoncombat.com/beretta...rion-tactical/

This lead me to looking at the Sig P226 Legion SAO. I've owed a LOT of Sigs, so the idea of another is kinda blah, and the biggest reliable mags are only 20rds, but it DOES fit the bill, feel great in the hand, supposedly the trigger is nice enough to not require aftermarket massaging, and I have a shitload of P226 mags already.
    https://www.sigsauer.com/store/p226-...full-size.html

I've also taken a look at some of the higher-end CZ's. I've always loved the grip on the CZ75, but found the trigger to be massively subpar. The other issue is having a lot less slide to grasp when racking. I can easily rack most fullsize pistols with one hand (P226, 92FS, M&P9, etc) but I'm not sure about the CZ's. That said, they have some pretty interesting options . . .
    https://czcustom.com/new-firearms/cz....html?___SID=U
    https://czcustom.com/new-firearms/cz...ct-custom.html

Anybody have any other suggestions? My max budget is ~$1,600. Thanks!
    Last edited by BionicMan; May 17th, 2018 at 09:22 AM.

(Perry County)

Default Re: Suggestions for high-end doublestack 9mm w/ manual safety

"A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Bucks County)

You aren't going to find too many with 30+ round mag options. You could look at getting a used STI 2011. With appropriate basepads you can get 23 or 24 in a mag. With the 170mm mag you can get 27. But these types of things are for competition, so not sure what your intended purpose is.

A beretta M9 has an available 30-round magazine, but that probably isn't high-end enough for you.
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

(Luzerne County)

A gold plated High Point.
    You don't have enough guns untill you don't know how many you have.

(Beaver County)

STI 2011 or double stack RIA. The 2011 will have better mag options but the RIA runs just as good. I use both in IDPA and Steel Challange Matches.

Picked up a STI Marauder for just under 1900 new. The RIA is 800ish.
    www.Steelvalleycasting.com is your new home for coated bullets and custom ammo.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by DucatiRon View Post
    STI 2011 or double stack RIA. The 2011 will have better mag options but the RIA runs just as good. I use both in IDPA and Steel Challange Matches.

Picked up a STI Marauder for just under 1900 new. The RIA is 800ish.
    I have an RIA double as well, in .45. It's the same as a Para and uses the same mags. In my case. the 14.45 mags. If you get the 9mm version. then you can get the 18.9 mags. Again, using after-market basepads you can probably get 21 in the mag. If you wanted to go higher end in this genre, then you could look at one of the Paras rather than the RIA. Of course the Para is now Remington.
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

(Chester County)

CZ SP-01. The all steel one, not the polymer Phantom. If you don't like the trigger, get some CGW parts. They are great, and will answer any questions. Or, any of the other more customized CZ's.

http://cz-usa.com/product-category/h...l-size-series/

https://cajungunworks.com/
    Last edited by Pilot321; May 17th, 2018 at 10:34 AM.

(Northampton County)

My issue with both the HK and 2011's are the grip. They both feel awfully bulky. A couple years ago I was set on buying a STI 2011 until I held one, the grip just didn't jive with me. I prefer a more contoured grip like the Sig, Beretta, or CZ assuming they're wearing slim grips. The CZ Tactical Sport Orange is one hell of a pistol and a great suggestion, but they're sold out everywhere it seems. I located the standard Tactical Sport . . .

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...ducts_id/21628

The AccuShadow2 is sexy as hell but comes with a stiff price tag:
    http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-accusha...z-custom-shop/
    Last edited by BionicMan; May 17th, 2018 at 10:36 AM.

(Bucks County)

Other than glock I'm not aware of to many pistols with reliable 30 round magazine options. Why the requirement to take 30 round magazines? Most full size 9mm pistols these days take at least 15 rounds and up to 20 rounds. Plus it's really cumbersome to carry 30 round magazines whereas 15-20 magazines can be easily carried and concealed if need be. Lots of good choices are available to you to include the Beretta M92, CZ as others have mentioned, I believe SW M&P pistols have the option of a manual safety and i believe the FN FNX pistols come with manual safety's.
    Last edited by wellcraft; May 17th, 2018 at 02:21 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Oh now my day sucks.....i called the rep at CZ and that TS orange is backordered over a year Last years orders are slowly being filled. damn........... The reviews on it as pretty awesome.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast