Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: Suggestions for high-end doublestack 9mm w/ manual safety

Quote Originally Posted by BionicMan View Post
    Looks pretty sweet. I wonder where I could handle one . . .
    You don't need to. Those, and CZ's are fine being bought sight unseen, and unfondled. You won't be disappointed.

(Centre County)

Like most people have said. It's hard to beat a stock CZ.

(Lackawanna County)

If you really want to fingerfuck one I’ve got a stock2. It’s not stock so I wouldn’t advise fingerfucking the trigger too much though lol

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by NathanB View Post
    If you really want to fingerfuck one I’ve got a stock2. It’s not stock so I wouldn’t advise fingerfucking the trigger too much though lol
    Haha, I appreciate the offer, but that's a bit of a hike and I'd like to handle a factory-stock one.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot321 View Post
    You don't need to. Those, and CZ's are fine being bought sight unseen, and unfondled. You won't be disappointed.
    I'm gonna have to disagree with you there. Generally I'm not a fan of the trigger pull on CZ-75 style pistols. In fact, the only CZ trigger I ever felt that was acceptable was a SAO custom shop model that I tried out at 507 Outfitters a few years ago, and I can't remember the exact model. I also recall it not being terribly easy to lock the slide back with only one hand due to the minimal slide profile compared to most pistols.

I also recall it not being terribly easy to lock the slide back with only one hand due to the minimal slide profile compared to most pistols.
    What's your complaint with them, specifically?

The CZ DA triggers need some break-in time, but unmodified factory triggers turn glass smooth after running a few boxes through it. If you're impatient, you can get a trigger job from CZ Custom, CGW, or your own smith, but they all turn out pretty fantastic IMHO on their own with some trigger time. DA is heavy, but smooth, SA is light and crisp and < 4 lb. It doesn't stack to a defined wall like most striker guns, if that's what you were expecting?

The SAO triggers are nice for sure, you can tune them to break under 2 lbs all day.

I also recall it not being terribly easy to lock the slide back with only one hand due to the minimal slide profile compared to most pistols.
    Easy, finish your mag.

Seriously though, that's just a training thing that you can get over after your first range day.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by rice rocket View Post
    What's your complaint with them, specifically?

The CZ DA triggers need some break-in time, but unmodified factory triggers turn glass smooth after running a few boxes through it. If you're impatient, you can get a trigger job from CZ Custom, CGW, or your own smith, but they all turn out pretty fantastic IMHO on their own with some trigger time. DA is heavy, but smooth, SA is light and crisp and < 4 lb. It doesn't stack to a defined wall like most striker guns, if that's what you were expecting?
    Every CZ DA/SA trigger I've ever used on the range or fondled in a store had tremendous creep in SA. One of my best friends has a CZ 75 SP-01 and the SA pull is utterly atrocious compared to really any of my pistols, particularly my Sigs, M&P9 with the Apex competition trigger kit, and 92A1 with the "D" spring. I'm picky enough that I need to get hands-on before, "pulling the trigger."

(Chester County)

I'm gonna have to disagree with you there. Generally I'm not a fan of the trigger pull on CZ-75 style pistols. In fact, the only CZ trigger I ever felt that was acceptable was a SAO custom shop model that I tried out at 507 Outfitters a few years ago, and I can't remember the exact model. I also recall it not being terribly easy to lock the slide back with only one hand due to the minimal slide profile compared to most pistols.
    I understand. All of the CZ's I have, or have had are stock and have good triggers that improve greatly with use. The nice thing about them, if you do want to improve the trigger, or other aspects is the after market support. If I did have an issues with a trigger it would go to CGW, or I'd order the drop in parts, and do it myself.

The slides have never been an issue either, but YMMV.

(Perry County)

It came today. It's heavy, the trigger is crazy light, the sights are great, it's tight, it fits my hand very well. I'm loving it other than I have to work on my trigger control because every pistol with a trigger pull of less than 4 pounds, I get unintentional double taps. I'm thinking I'm releasing the trigger too soon, I need to keep the pressure on it until I come back on target, then release and squeeze again.

My grips are decidedly more burnt orange in color, it's a good looking pistol.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Montgomery County)

That is a nice looking gun UncleJ.
    Well done.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post

It came today. It's heavy, the trigger is crazy light, the sights are great, it's tight, it fits my hand very well. I'm loving it other than I have to work on my trigger control because every pistol with a trigger pull of less than 4 pounds, I get unintentional double taps. I'm thinking I'm releasing the trigger too soon, I need to keep the pressure on it until I come back on target, then release and squeeze again.

My grips are decidedly more burnt orange in color, it's a good looking pistol.
    I hate you.

Sorry, I don't mean that. It just happened.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast