Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Jefferson County)

Default Re: Am I prohibited if I was charged for something but not convicted?

Quote Originally Posted by marinville View Post
    Charges are not prohibiting, convictions are. However, charges could possibly cause issues with LTCF application, because of the character clause, which is bullshit. Also, expungement doesn't necessarily mean all your records are actually destroyed, which is also bullshit.
    That isn't entirely correct. Pending charges for what otherwise would be a prohibitive conviction are in fact prohibitive.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by SynthExe View Post
    I know, it's just because Zet asked if it was the same county.
    Only asked because I have personal experience dealing with a local DA who I witnessed issues with several years back. Regarding expungement of a sibling's record after completing ARD.
    Emergency Medicine prevents natural selection

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Zet70 View Post
    Only asked because I have personal experience dealing with a local DA who I witnessed issues with several years back. Regarding expungement of a sibling's record after completing ARD.
    Ard is for expungement, what issues could he have? How expensive is expungement?
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by SynthExe View Post
    I asked a question somewhat similar to my issue a little while ago, and even though I'm 95% sure I'm not prohibited even if I was convicted, I wanted to make sure. I understand this kind of stuff is annoying to see, but this site has been so helpful in the past for getting help.

I looked into my case some more, and from what I know, a written allegation was filed against me for cyber harassment of a child (M3) and a summary offense for harassment. I completed informal adjustment as a juvenile to avoid a conviction or adjudication, and the result was my charges were expunged and the case was dismissed.

I'm pretty much expecting a delay by now just so whoever is looking into this is absolutely sure I'm not prohibited, but is there anything I'm missing? This site has been so helpful getting information before and I just wanted to be sure so I don't do anything wrong.
    I'm pretty sure this is the third time you are asking this question regarding your situation.

Call or message Gun Lawyer, pay the few hundred dollars for the legal evaluation, and just get it done.
    Nobody here can magically solve your problem no matter how many times you ask it.

You basically have two choices.
    You can roll the dice and take your chances blindly with an application submitted into the system.
    You can talk to a lawyer and find out exactly where you stand and what your options are before you submit an application.
    There is no magical third choice that is going to materialize here.

God knows I've done some gratuitous hand holding in my time, usually when there was pussy involved, but this is getting ridiculous.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    I'm pretty sure this is the third time you are asking this question regarding your situation.

Call or message Gun Lawyer, pay the few hundred dollars for the legal evaluation, and just get it done.
    Nobody here can magically solve your problem no matter how many times you ask it.

You basically have two choices.
    You can roll the dice and take your chances blindly with an application submitted into the system.
    You can talk to a lawyer and find out exactly where you stand and what your options are before you submit an application.
    There is no magical third choice that is going to materialize here.

God knows I've done some gratuitous hand holding in my time, usually when there was pussy involved, but this is getting ridiculous.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    Sometimes you gotta do some hand holding for the good lovin...
    Maybe some of you guys have found a better way, but I seem to do an awful lot of hand holding.
    That, and trying to avoid getting stabbed in my own kitchen :|
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12