Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Groomsmen guns

(Montgomery County)

Default Groomsmen guns

I'm looking for gifts for my groomsmen. I only have 4 of them, so I'd like to get them something they'll appreciate, instead of the typical flask and cuff links. I went to tanners today and looked at some stuff.

I am only spending $200-$250 so my options are limited.

# 1 pick so far is a mossburg 500 flex for $250 each top of the budget but a decent gun
    #2 is the classic 10/22 for $239 per
    #3 is the Taurus 85 air weight in 38spl for $209 per

Can anybody else think of something I'm missing in the $200-250 price range?

I'm not really into any polymer guns in that price range, can't really get anything worth the money imho

Default Re: Groomsmen guns

Quote Originally Posted by 300zx_tt View Post
    I'm looking for gifts for my groomsmen. I only have 4 of them, so I'd like to get them something they'll appreciate, instead of the typical flask and cuff links. I went to tanners today and looked at some stuff.

I am only spending $200-$250 so my options are limited.

# 1 pick so far is a mossburg 500 flex for $250 each top of the budget but a decent gun
    #2 is the classic 10/22 for $239 per
    #3 is the Taurus 85 air weight in 38spl for $209 per

Can anybody else think of something I'm missing in the $200-250 price range?

I'm not really into any polymer guns in that price range, can't really get anything worth the money imho

I saw Tanners advertising Kahr CW .380's for $209.99 yesterday on Facebook they are slick little pocket gun with excellent reliability. The 10/22's are cool too, if you guys all hunt you can try and get together once a year and do a squirrel or small game hunt with them.

(Allegheny County)

Henry AR7 should be in the price range.

(Bucks County)

You can get them really nice knives in that price range if you're not fixed on guns.

(Chester County)

How about complete AR lowers then they can eventually buy their own uppers?
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

(Lackawanna County)

How about Heritage Rough Riders?
    I also like the AR lower idea.

(Bucks County)

Never buy a Taurus anything if you want to retain their friendship.
    I second the idea of a quality hand forged knife.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. Voltaire

Your gift is very generous. Just so you don't get in trouble and since you are not purchasing the gun for yourself, how will you complete the paperwork? I would suggest having them complete the paper work. Also, why not let them pick the gun of choice from the three?
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    Your gift is very generous. Just so you don't get in trouble and since you are not purchasing the gun for yourself, how will you complete the paperwork? I would suggest having them complete the paper work. Also, why not let them pick the gun of choice from the three?
    He would either have to do gift certificates or have them each complete the 4473.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    i was thinking gift certificates for the exact amount of the gun, tax and pics.

As far as knives go I was thinking of getting them benchmade saddle mountain skinners because I like the way they look but it's something that would just sit on their shelves or their desk. None of us hunt, we all just shoot. I'm the only one that carries daily and I don't think any of them would appreciate an edc knife.

I thought about the lower receivers as well. What turned me off about them is the fact that they aren't a complete gift, it still needs ~$300 to be able to shoot them.

For my bachelor party we're going to the poconos, we rented a friend of a friends cabin on 40 acres and were skeet shooting over a pond. Only one of the guys has a 12g already (I do too). Both my gun and the other 12g are heritage guns, both inherited from our grandfathers so I figured a beater 12g would serve him well. As for the other 3 of my groomsmen 1 has an sp101 and a high point 9mm carbine, 1 has a Springfield 9mm range officer and the last one has a glock 17.

I really wanted semi auto 12g's but that's a tough ask for $250. I'm leaning more toward the 500

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast