Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Mango or Wagner

(Bucks County)

Default Mango or Wagner

Okay, I had my vote sealed for Wagner until yesterday. I saw Mango with a "Stand with the NRA" sign and attending the gun rally and shaking hands. Maybe it's just a photo op, I don't know but it got me to thinking. Also, I overheard a few gun owners really bashing Scott Wagner saying he's a slime, whatever that means.

I do know Scott Wagner's voting record and agree with almost everything he voted but I have no clue about Mango.

I'm still leaning towards Wagner but I want to get my facts straight before the primaries.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

Default Re: Mango or Wagner

After yesterday, Mango has my vote.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Wayne County)

Mango and hottie Lisa have my vote. Where was Wagner?

I was all in for Wagner and not trusting of Mango until yesterday afternoon also. I didn't see him at the Rally but WHP580 had him in for the entire Ken Matthews show. His gun answers were awesome, as well as on education and other important issues.

He's a solid candidate.

I think Wagner might have a better chance at beating Wolf, but I might be leaning towards Mango now. I'd be OK with either though. It's been an ugly primary from both of these guys. Mango also said yesterday that Ellsworth is actually a Democrat running as a Republican and that she gave a ton of money to Obama and Hillary just as recently as the last election in 2016. She's was speaking a good gun talk, but she just denounced the NRA and said she won't take money from them. She's out. I was initially impressed but it woulds like the Dems are trying to pull another one over on us after the Saccone defeat.
    Last edited by alpacaheat; May 1st, 2018 at 10:50 AM.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Bucks County)

Okay, I found this "piece" online---I don't like Mango's word play. He sounds like a Progressive:

---"Ellsworth said she would push for metal detectors and swipe cards in Pennsylvania's school buildings, while Mango said he would advocate for stronger school security plans, funnel more money into screening for mental illness and prevent those diagnosed from getting their hands on guns...."

Here's Wagner's answer:

"Wagner said he would put armed, trained officers in every school — Pennsylvania has about 3,000 school buildings, according to state figures — and ensure background checks are being done properly for prospective gun owners. He did not repeat a statement he made Monday that he would pursue a mandatory death penalty for any school shooter who kills someone, something legal analysts said has been unconstitutional for decades.

Asked whether they would refuse campaign contributions from the National Rifle Association, Wagner and Mango said no. Ellsworth said yes."

https://www.ydr.com/story/news/2018/...nal/387593002/
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    Okay, I found this "piece" online---I don't like Mango's word play. He sounds like a Progressive:
    Up until yesterday I had that same vibe from him. It's tough to know if yesterday was genuine or a campaign tactic. He does sounds like he hates Wolf though, so that counts for something I guess.

Like I said, I think Wagner has the better chance to bet Wolf and sometimes that's how we have to vote. Another term of Wolf will be fatal.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Berks County)

I was at an event a month or so ago with Mango. He explained all of the negative talking points that Wagner has on his TV ads. The points were brought up by a person in the audience. Said person was a plant from the Wagner campaign. The guy had a PA map in his pocket to use to travel the state and create problems.

The man was a total slob. One would think that Wagner could find someone that would at least not have his jeans falling off of his ass.

I am now going with Mango. YMMV

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    Up until yesterday I had that same vibe from him. It's tough to know if yesterday was genuine or a campaign tactic. He does sounds like he hates Wolf though, so that counts for something I guess.

Like I said, I think Wagner has the better chance to bet Wolf and sometimes that's how we have to vote. Another term of Wolf will be fatal.
    I was thinking the same thing that he was more progressive than he was letting on. I found out two weeks ago though that one of the elders at my church, who is also in my Bible study, is helping to run his campaign. That, coupled with the fact that he came to the rally yesterday, sealed it for me. I got to talk with him a little bit at the rally before the Capitol police started yelling at us. On a side note, did anyone else notice that the Moms Demand group got to skip the line while we were waiting outside the main entrance yesterday morning?
    Opera Non Verba

(Berks County)

From a Berks County Patriots email:

Public Service Announcement

Mango Rally on Wednesday May 9th from 7:30 - 8:30AM

Wyomissing Family Restaurant

1245 Penn Ave. Wyomissing PA 19610

Breakfast

FREE

BRING FRIENDS

SHARE this INVITE!

RSVP to cdaddesi@gmail.com

MANGO is our ONLY CONSERVATIVE CHOICE for PA GOVERNOR!

#WINNING #DRAINthePASWAMP

VOTE MAY 15

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post

---"Ellsworth said she would push for metal detectors and swipe cards in Pennsylvania's school buildings, while Mango said he would advocate for stronger school security plans, funnel more money into screening for mental illness and prevent those diagnosed from getting their hands on guns...."

Here's Wagner's answer:

"Wagner said he would put armed, trained officers in every school — Pennsylvania has about 3,000 school buildings, according to state figures — and ensure background checks are being done properly for prospective gun owners. He did not repeat a statement he made Monday that he would pursue a mandatory death penalty for any school shooter who kills someone, something legal analysts said has been unconstitutional for decades.

Asked whether they would refuse campaign contributions from the National Rifle Association, Wagner and Mango said no. Ellsworth said yes."

https://www.ydr.com/story/news/2018/...nal/387593002/
    Actually, I agree with Mango. Who's going to pay for thousands newly recruited school guards? Wagner himself? Also, given FL deputies cowarded during the last shooting, what are the odds, the $12.50/hr PA ACT 235 guy will go into the gunfight? Or do you want to pay $200/hr to someone, with zero response guarantee either?
    Je suis déplorable

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast