Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: Poll workers don't ank about my gun anymore

I never get a sticker.

(Lawrence County)

I always get a sticker, they're good for a free coffee in my town, Alas my polling place has been the Jr/Sr High school for the last twenty years...
    For those who've never fought for it, the price of freedom shall never be known.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by 19dscoutsout View Post
    I opened carried for the first time at my poll. First time ever actually. It was quite the show. 5 poll workers told me I was violating the law, yet none could vote the law.

They called 3 police officers, and called the election commission. One man told me he “wrote the book on election laws, yet couldn’t vote the law I was violating.” Another poll worker told me she had ptsd so I had to take my gun to my car. Two constables there couldn’t tell me the law, and the judge of election kept claiming I was hostile to them (because I asked for a statute...).

After the election commission told them I was allowed to vote ( surprise!) they gave me a lecture about how they don’t like it and were once threatened so I shouldn’t be allowed to open carry.

The cops were pretty chill tho, and when the one asked for my lctf said “oh wait you are open carrying. Never mind,” and left.
    LOL! This made my day.

I carried too, but it was concealed.

I wanted a "I Voted" sticker to put on my lawnmower, but forgot to ask for one.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by STBear View Post
    I never get a sticker.
    It was in a bowl of wrapped candies on the table next to the (D) pamphlet pusher on the way out. That said:

I didn't think to say anything to them, but:

Do we, as a society, really want people who are undecided until the last second voting based on propaganda that they're handed on the way in?

I, personally, would prefer voters who researched their candidates and had already made their choices based on that research, even if their choices were opposite of mine.

My 2˘

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post
    It was in a bowl of wrapped candies on the table next to the (D) pamphlet pusher on the way out. That said:

I didn't think to say anything to them, but:

Do we, as a society, really want people who are undecided until the last second voting based on propaganda that they're handed on the way in?

I, personally, would prefer voters who researched their candidates and had already made their choices based on that research, even if their choices were opposite of mine.

My 2˘
    I leave sections blank on the ballot if I'm not familiar with it/the candidate.

"Member of State Committee At-Large" I have no effing clue what that even means so I don't cast a ballot in that "race".
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Lancaster County)

OC'ed my SP101 in Ephrata. No one batted an eye.

(Allegheny County)

I’ve been working for years at the poles and never saw stickers to give out Wonder if it’s up to the judge of elections to ask for them

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I leave sections blank on the ballot if I'm not familiar with it/the candidate.

"Member of State Committee At-Large" I have no effing clue what that even means so I don't cast a ballot in that "race".
    I didn;t see that one coming either, so I voted for the reps closest to my house. More local representation on a State level sounded good to me...and I live in a very Conservative area so I am probably safe with those choices.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by 19dscoutsout View Post
    I opened carried for the first time at my poll. First time ever actually. It was quite the show. 5 poll workers told me I was violating the law, yet none could vote the law.

They called 3 police officers, and called the election commission. One man told me he “wrote the book on election laws, yet couldn’t vote the law I was violating.” Another poll worker told me she had ptsd so I had to take my gun to my car. Two constables there couldn’t tell me the law, and the judge of election kept claiming I was hostile to them (because I asked for a statute...).

After the election commission told them I was allowed to vote ( surprise!) they gave me a lecture about how they don’t like it and were once threatened so I shouldn’t be allowed to open carry.

The cops were pretty chill tho, and when the one asked for my lctf said “oh wait you are open carrying. Never mind,” and left.
    Glad things worked out, and you were not hauled away for a mental evaluation for exercising your rights.

Consider printing out Pa Title 18 Subsection 6120 and the letter below for the November Election.

Check out this post and State Department Letter from 2010.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.ph...62#post1381862

(Wayne County)

Hell the constable at my voting station thanked me for carrying. I think one of the election ass wipes didn’t like it.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast