Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Home Protection Firearm

Just one? Is it on you at all times? And I would love to get me an MP 5 but can't see toting it with me at all times. I feel like they need to be stashed all over the house since I don't have one on me at all times and I don't know who will be where should an invasion occur. I also don't want multiple copies of the same firearm (though I'd be good with a P7 M10 and a P7 M13 to add to my collection) so it's something different in every hiding spot with no rhyme or reason as to what's where. And it was dark, all I saw was someone coming at me, oh, I need to talk to my lawyer first.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Just one? Is it on you at all times? And I would love to get me an MP 5 but can't see toting it with me at all times. I feel like they need to be stashed all over the house since I don't have one on me at all times and I don't know who will be where should an invasion occur. I also don't want multiple copies of the same firearm (though I'd be good with a P7 M10 and a P7 M13 to add to my collection) so it's something different in every hiding spot with no rhyme or reason as to what's where. And it was dark, all I saw was someone coming at me, oh, I need to talk to my lawyer first.
    I heard they're good for 2nd Amendment protests too..........

(Montgomery County)

I feel like a suppressed short barrel 9mm is a great option. If you can swing $2k for an MP5 clone and then the price of a can, go for it!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    Personally, I think a good handgun with a decent magazine capacity is the best way to go for home protection.
    It allows for the greatest mobility in tight spaces, easy one handed operation, and is easily concealed in questionable encounters where showing the gun is counterproductive.
    Just my $0.02
    I went out back to check my back yard/deck one night when the police were looking for some criminals who were running on foot.
    (we knew because we had the scanner on)

I went out with my AR pistol and when I saw the flashlight shine into the back yard I realized an officer was just about to the end of my driveway on his way to peering around the back corner of my house to check my yard.
    I tucked the AR behind me and said "Hi" from the deck above him. Didn't want to startle him and didn't want to be seen with an AR15 when he's "amped up" chasing suspects.

If I had to do it all over again, I would have built a 9mm AR15 pistol for home defense use. (instead of the 5.56 pistol)
    A red dot on a shouldered 9mm AR15 pistol is a much better choice than a handgun FOR ME.

A suppressor isn't something I'd consider because I have no interest in them. They make guns long and unwieldy, and I'm not really concerned enough about the noise - not enough to pay that kind of money to have one.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Lehigh County)

I have a S&W Governor that will shoot 2.5" shotshells, 45 Colt or 45 ACP. There are a variety of defensive loads available in 410. I use Hornaday Critical Defense which has a slug and 2 balls and 2 rounds of 45 ACP for the final shots if necessary. It only weighs about 29 ounces but is easy to handle.
    NRA Life Member

(Lackawanna County)

My standard answer to this type of question is: The best weapon for home defense is the one in your hand when you need it the most.

I keep a 94 in the nightstand and a AR w/ a binary trigger nearby.

If you catch me in the basement, you will meet Mr. John Garand's most famous invention. Or, maybe the SIG P320. Or, both.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire.
    America must suffer until it reaches the point that Liberty is more important than Comforts.

(Carbon County)

for home Glock 17 gen4 with a plus 6 mag extension
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

(Chester County)

Get the MP5 so I can live vicariously through you.
    I'm only here for the wood c-rings.

(Bucks County)

I normally don't carry while in the house, so there are a few answers.

A pistol between the couch cushions to protect the entryway from the deck, a shotgun in a closet near the front door, a long gun in the basement and a pistol in each nightstand. My side has a g19, the blonde keeps her FN 5.7 close by.
    Also a few pistol options in the spare room, or "office" where the desktops are set up.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. Voltaire

(Washington County)

Haven't most police organizations moved away from 9mm carbines, instead using 5.56 SBRs for their entry teams. Something to think about, maybe.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast