Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Yes, rallies can be effective if….

I suggest that once we reach 12 people, we start working on a meeting place/date. We need 3 more people. Post #1 has been updated.
    Help us restore election integrity in PA. Join PA Voters United

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by longcall911 View Post
    I suggest that once we reach 12 people, we start working on a meeting place/date. We need 3 more people. Post #1 has been updated.
    Ok.
    Sounds like a plan.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Montgomery County)

I'm in - montgomery county pa

(Chester County)

Add me to the list, I'm in Southern Chester County
    If you don't have time to do it right, where will you find the time to do it over?

(Lackawanna County)

I don5 mean to be the wet blanket here, but why would a State Rep “fear” a rally such as this? So far, are any of the volunteer protesters his constituents who could actually vote him out of office (the “fear” politicians actually face)? Is there hope he doesn’t figure this out?

Perhaps, you should focus your efforts on getting people out to this rally from his district.

(York County)

Count York County in...
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Democrat Gun Owner View Post
    I don5 mean to be the wet blanket here, but why would a State Rep “fear” a rally such as this? So far, are any of the volunteer protesters his constituents who could actually vote him out of office (the “fear” politicians actually face)? Is there hope he doesn’t figure this out?

Perhaps, you should focus your efforts on getting people out to this rally from his district.
    If other reps feel pressure, he can be voted out of his committee chairmanship.
    Boy, I say boy, you're reaching the limits of my medication!

In short, negative media is their enemy. But you won't get media there if 5 people show up. Fill the street and distribute specific talking points to people so medias get the same message from all. "pass any more gun restrictions and we'll end your political carreer".

There's more to the story, but need to keep certain tactics to the leadership group.

BTW: constituents are critically important, but in a very different setting for a very different purpose. (use the right tool for the job)
    Last edited by longcall911; May 16th, 2018 at 08:54 AM. Reason: sp
    Help us restore election integrity in PA. Join PA Voters United

(Montgomery County)

I'm just shocked that a Liberal Democrat would have something negative to say about this pro gun political effort.
    In today's political climate, with the Liberal Democrat Party openly threatening to abolish the Second Amendment, you can't vote Liberal Democrat and claim to be pro gun.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gripsafety View Post
    If other reps feel pressure, he can be voted out of his committee chairmanship.
    True...I never thought of that. It is very unlikely a sitting Committee Chair would lose his chairmanship as long as his party remained in the majority, but I guess it could happen.

Quote Originally Posted by longcall911 View Post
    In short, negative media is their enemy. But you won't get media there if 5 people show up. Fill the street and distribute specific talking points to people so medias get the same message from all. "pass any more gun restrictions and we'll end your political carreer".

There's more to the story, but need to keep certain tactics to the leadership group.

BTW: constituents are critically important, but in a very different setting for a very different purpose. (use the right tool for the job)
    I agree with you 100%, but the focus of your description is much larger than just the Chairman.

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    I'm just shocked that a Liberal Democrat would have something negative to say about this pro gun political effort.
    In today's political climate, with the Liberal Democrat Party openly threatening to abolish the Second Amendment, you can't vote Liberal Democrat and claim to be pro gun.
    I commend pro-gun efforts. I just don't see a handful (even a couple dozen) protesters making a difference...especially if they are not voters of the Chairman's district who could either vote him out during the general election (highly unlikely) or "primary" him.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast