Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Mercer County)

Default Disappointing bump stock ban response from Mike Kelly

May 11, 2018

Dear Mr. Ellison,

Thank you for contacting me regarding H.R. 3999, Amendment to title 18 of the United States Code. I appreciate hearing from you on this important issue.

As you may know, on October 10, 2017, Representative Carlos Curbelo (R-FL) introduced the Amendment to title 18 of the United State Code. The bill aims to ban bump stocks, the device used to convert a semi-automatic firearm to an automatic one. H.R. 3999 has been referred to the House Committee on the Judiciary for further consideration.

As you may know, semi-automatic weapons are legal in America while automatic weapons are illegal. In essence, the bill seeks to prevent any illegal conversion of semi-automatic weapons into an automatic one. All in all, it is crucial that we focus on finding and addressing the causes of gun violence. As gun violence is a matter that affects our country immensely, discussions must be continued to seek solutions that keep guns out of the wrong hands, while making sure that the rights of law-abiding citizens to legally keep and bear arms are protected. I will keep your thoughts in mind should H.R. 3999 or similar legislation come to the House floor for a vote.

Again, thank you for expressing your thoughts on this important issue. Please do not hesitate to contact me or my staff if I can be of assistance in the future. It is an honor and a privilege to represent Western Pennsylvania in the United States Congress.

If you would like to hear more from me on this issue and others, please subscribe to my newsletter at www.kelly.house.gov.

Sincerely,

Mike Kelly
    Member of Congress

Click here to subscribe to my newsletter.

This message was generated from an unattended mailbox. If you have further questions, please revisit the “Contact” section of my website.

Default Re: Disappointing bump stock ban response from Mike Kelly

It is already illegal to convert a semi auto into an automatic.
    Maybe they don't know that?

Bump stocks are a thorn in our side. I knew the first time I saw them it was going to be a problem down the line. The ATF said they were perfectly legal and
    here we are but they are going after everything that would allow a semi-automatic to mimic a machine gun. That would be all semi-automatics fired as fast as you can pull the trigger.
    I think they should be legal, don't get me wrong. I would never own one because bump firing is a technique with no $180.00 bump stock required, all you need is your trigger finger.
    They are a novelty item and most of them are in a closet collecting dust. It's fun a couple times, but bullets $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ add up.
    Most ranges are 5 round mag limit and no rapid fire. I guess if you are lucky and have a private range they would be a blast.
    Not everyone can afford full auto, these things are more like jamomattics and everything has to go right, you have to get a feel for it, standing in a perfect position and you can't move, holding it just right and some guns run okay and some jam on every mag, but they scratch the itch I guess. Nothing beats full auto.
    The problem is that these people don't know this and think it's like the machine guns they see on TV and in the movies.
    Last edited by :-); May 12th, 2018 at 08:21 AM.

Dear Mr. Ellison,

I support banning something I have no goddamn understanding or clue about.

Mike Kelly
    Another ignorant fool in congress

(Beaver County)

Somebody needs to draw the asshat a picture to show him what semi auto and full auto is. Blows my fricken mind that we have so many ignorant "leaders" as OUR representatives in government. Pretty simple concept they cant get right sure don't leave a warm fuzzy feeling.
    If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything

"Assault weapons" are banned and are already illegal except for the transferable ones. Someone should tell them about that too.
    Last edited by :-); May 12th, 2018 at 01:23 AM.