Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Brian Fitzpatrick at Tanners around noon on Saturday may 12 to discuss his views

Yup i may have to swing by to pick up yard signs.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Brian Fitzpatrick at Tanners around noon on Saturday may 12 to discuss his views

He has to know he lost the 2A vote for good. He came out with support for every anti-gun initiative currently in Congress.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    He has to know he lost the 2A vote for good. He came out with support for every anti-gun initiative currently in Congress.
    He thinks we forgot.
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

Just putting this out there as more info for when you vote. Its my opinion and recollection of events that happened tonight.

Anyway, I went to National Night Out in Langhorne tonight with my two kids. I saw the Brian Fitzpatrick table, so I went over and talked to his rep there. I asked him why Brian didn't support national reciprocity and that I was very disappointed. He said that is a misconception that Brian doesn't support reciprocity. He didn't support the last bill because the Fraternal Order of Police didn't support it because it would weaken the Gun Free School Zone Act. I thought that was a BS answer, so I asked what would weaken specifically. He gave me a mumbo jumbo answer that I couldn’t understand which to me means he didn't know. I didn’t hold that against him because he didn’t seem like a gun guy. He had the canned response that I suspect they give to everyone. I rhetorically asked him when the FOP supported any law that supported constitutional rights.

His further response was that the other choice was worse while pointing to Scott Wallace’s table a few tables down. I confirmed to him yes that Scott Wallace is a disaster but that I couldn't support RINOs. I then reminded him that other gun owners also view him the same way as evidenced by the comments on Tanners FB page when Brian was supposed to go there and then chickened out. Brian's rep claimed that a third party (sorry I don't remember the name) arranged the meet and greet at Tanners and that Brian didn't chicken out. Brian didn't go because Antis found out about it and were going to protest. He further claimed that Tanners told him not to come because they didn't want 100 protestors in their parking lot. I don't believe him especially since its private property and I highly doubt Tanners would tell him not to come. I told the rep that I would ask Tanners next time I was there. I also told him that the other guy is worse is not an acceptable answer. I told him I’m an ex New Yorker that moved to PA for more freedom. I know all about RINO’s and how they sell out the 2nd amendment. The NY SAFE Act never would have passed without RINO support. Yes I understand that that was state level vs federal level but state level RINOs aspire to federal office. We need to reduce their numbers at both levels.

He said Brian supports reasonable gun restrictions such as bump stock ban and universal back ground check. I felt like vomiting when he said that. Brian’s rep at that point stepped out from behind the table and into my personal space. I’m not sure if this was a tactic to get me to step back or move along. I didn’t move. He continued to tell me that not voting for Brian was a vote for Wallace and that Wallace would take away everyone’s guns. I told him let them try. I would prefer Democrats overreach in their legislation then reward a RINO with my vote. If the RINO is no different than the Democrats are, why give Democrats the air cover of having a Republican vote for their legislation. This results in death by a thousand cuts which is what exactly happened in NY. I know not everyone agrees with this and that if Democrats win Congress and the Presidency they have the legislative means to take our rights. I just don’t see why its better if we vote for Republicans that will help them. Republican politicians need to make the Democrats own their attacks alone on constitutional rights and we need to ensure Republicans care about our vote. After a couple of minutes, Brian’s rep seemed irritated by my opinion and dismissively said that if I don’t like Brian don’t vote for him. He then stepped back behind the table as if he was done with the conversation. I told him I won’t vote for Brian and thanked him for his time. Bottom line, my feeling is that Brian Fitzpatrick doesn't give 2 $hits about the 2nd amendment and only provides lip service. No doubt in my mind he would throw our rights away if it helped him as a politician. I'm sure that is not news to many of you. If you disagree and think Brian cares, I will believe it when he takes the lead in supporting 2nd amendment rights.

I not know what other course others may take, but as for me, screw Brian Fitzpatrick. He is not getting my vote.
    Last edited by ed bernay; August 7th, 2018 at 09:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thefirstndsecond View Post
    Hahahahahhaha

He just cancelled.

Said due to scheduling conflict.
    More like he read this thread

(Chester County)

The question that always needs to be asked of these people is "why don't you support the Constitution you swore to uphold?"
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    The question that always needs to be asked of these people is "why don't you support the Constitution you swore to uphold?"
    Great minds think alike.

I got this text message on my phone the other night:

Hey (my wife's name)! This is Matthew with Humane Society Legislative Fund. Rep. Fitzpatrick has led efforts in Congress to crack down on problematic breeding facilities known as puppy mills. He is the lead sponsor of the Puppy Protection Act to update federal standards of care for dog breeders. Can Rep. Fitzpatrick count on your vote in November?

Hi Matt, I am not a fan of anti-constitutional progressives like Mr. Fitzpatrick. I made the mistake of voting for him once, that will not happen again. Please ask him to read the Pennsylvania and US Constitutions that he swore an oath to uphold, and forget about California. Thanks.

Ok, I understand. Hope you can join us next time!

Quote Originally Posted by ed bernay View Post
    Just putting this out there as more info for when you vote. Its my opinion and recollection of events that happened tonight.

Anyway, I went to National Night Out in Langhorne tonight with my two kids. I saw the Brian Fitzpatrick table, so I went over and talked to his rep there. I asked him why Brian didn't support national reciprocity and that I was very disappointed. He said that is a misconception that Brian doesn't support reciprocity. He didn't support the last bill because the Fraternal Order of Police didn't support it because it would weaken the Gun Free School Zone Act. I thought that was a BS answer, so I asked what would weaken specifically. He gave me a mumbo jumbo answer that I couldn’t understand which to me means he didn't know. I didn’t hold that against him because he didn’t seem like a gun guy. He had the canned response that I suspect they give to everyone. I rhetorically asked him when the FOP supported any law that supported constitutional rights.

His further response was that the other choice was worse while pointing to Scott Wallace’s table a few tables down. I confirmed to him yes that Scott Wallace is a disaster but that I couldn't support RINOs. I then reminded him that other gun owners also view him the same way as evidenced by the comments on Tanners FB page when Brian was supposed to go there and then chickened out. Brian's rep claimed that a third party (sorry I don't remember the name) arranged the meet and greet at Tanners and that Brian didn't chicken out. Brian didn't go because Antis found out about it and were going to protest. He further claimed that Tanners told him not to come because they didn't want 100 protestors in their parking lot. I don't believe him especially since its private property and I highly doubt Tanners would tell him not to come. I told the rep that I would ask Tanners next time I was there. I also told him that the other guy is worse is not an acceptable answer. I told him I’m an ex New Yorker that moved to PA for more freedom. I know all about RINO’s and how they sell out the 2nd amendment. The NY SAFE Act never would have passed without RINO support. Yes I understand that that was state level vs federal level but state level RINOs aspire to federal office. We need to reduce their numbers at both levels.

He said Brian supports reasonable gun restrictions such as bump stock ban and universal back ground check. I felt like vomiting when he said that. Brian’s rep at that point stepped out from behind the table and into my personal space. I’m not sure if this was a tactic to get me to step back or move along. I didn’t move. He continued to tell me that not voting for Brian was a vote for Wallace and that Wallace would take away everyone’s guns. I told him let them try. I would prefer Democrats overreach in their legislation then reward a RINO with my vote. If the RINO is no different than the Democrats are, why give Democrats the air cover of having a Republican vote for their legislation. This results in death by a thousand cuts which is what exactly happened in NY. I know not everyone agrees with this and that if Democrats win Congress and the Presidency they have the legislative means to take our rights. I just don’t see why its better if we vote for Republicans that will help them. Republican politicians need to make the Democrats own their attacks alone on constitutional rights and we need to ensure Republicans care about our vote. After a couple of minutes, Brian’s rep seemed irritated by my opinion and dismissively said that if I don’t like Brian don’t vote for him. He then stepped back behind the table as if he was done with the conversation. I told him I won’t vote for Brian and thanked him for his time. Bottom line, my feeling is that Brian Fitzpatrick doesn't give 2 $hits about the 2nd amendment and only provides lip service. No doubt in my mind he would throw our rights away if it helped him as a politician. I'm sure that is not news to many of you. If you disagree and think Brian cares, I will believe it when he takes the lead in supporting 2nd amendment rights.

I not know what other course others may take, but as for me, screw Brian Fitzpatrick. He is not getting my vote.

The only anti's that were going to show up were Anti-RINO Conservatives. Read the post on Tanner's FB page. Ed I am going to repost your thread on another page.
    We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately.-Benjamin Franklin

please feel free to repost. The only thing I didn't mention from my conversation with Brian Fitzpatrick's rep is that I told him I was sick of RINOs in NY so I moved and if Bucks County and/or PA becomes a progressive hellhole like NY did, I will move again. He sarcastically responded that was a great strategy for defending the 2nd amendment. Can you believe a rep for Brian Fitzpatrick sarcastically lecturing me about defending the 2nd amendment? The RINOs think that we have no one else to vote for. I vote with my feet. If PA ever loses preemption, it will be time to move out of PA. The liberal transplants from NY and NJ will wreck the freedom in PA like they do every state they move to. Brian Fitzpatrick seems to think that the voters leaving NY and NJ can't happen with voters in PA.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by ed bernay View Post
    please feel free to repost. The only thing I didn't mention from my conversation with Brian Fitzpatrick's rep is that I told him I was sick of RINOs in NY so I moved and if Bucks County and/or PA becomes a progressive hellhole like NY did, I will move again. He sarcastically responded that was a great strategy for defending the 2nd amendment. Can you believe a rep for Brian Fitzpatrick sarcastically lecturing me about defending the 2nd amendment? The RINOs think that we have no one else to vote for. I vote with my feet. If PA ever loses preemption, it will be time to move out of PA. The liberal transplants from NY and NJ will wreck the freedom in PA like they do every state they move to. Brian Fitzpatrick seems to think that the voters leaving NY and NJ can't happen with voters in PA.
    He can lecture you any time he wants. It's called free speech. Don't like bucks county, move.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast