Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: June 16th come ruin it for everybody with us in Abington PA

Make sure you stay away from any banks on your excursion.

th9RNAX4OE.jpg

north01-full.jpg
    Toujours prÍt

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by Remington788 View Post
    How?
    By demonstrating that
    Quote Originally Posted by truecrimson View Post
    ............ We're your friends, neighbors, and coworkers. We own these rifles. We're not a threat, we're not violent, or crazy, but we also aren't going to comply with any further restrictions or bans at any level of government.
    It will show our opponents that we are not giving up or going away. It will show our friends and allies that they are not alone. It will show people on the fence that a couple of guys with ARs are not automatically a threat.
    If you don't know who your state legislators are go here:
    http://www.legis.state.pa.us/index.cfm
    put your zip plus 4 in the box in the upper right hand corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Make sure you stay away from any banks on your excursion.

th9RNAX4OE.jpg

north01-full.jpg
    That was one hell of a shootout.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    I thought the same thing earlier. All someone has to do is make a phone call.
    Or a Facebook message.
    Facts all come with points of view, facts dont do what I want them to.

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    That was one hell of a shootout.
    At the time this occurred, I was friends with a few California police officers. I have a copy of the official police investigation recording of the incident. There are some parts that were never seen on TV. Since it's on VHS tape, I don't know if it's worth converting to digital format or even if the tape is salvageable.

(Armstrong County)

gnbrotz & truecrimson, I shall be there. We should have someone recording the whole time.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3790&dateline=1331561  797An OathKeeper and OC Activist, 1 of the 3%, Ed Stephan

(Montgomery County)

I normally stay out of shit like this... but having grown up in the town next to where this guy was arrested, and now living in the town just south of where he was arrested, I have to say what I feel.

This isn't going to accomplish anything. Most gun owners will even admit the OCing a long gun, especially a semi-automatic rifle, is peculiar anywhere but on your ranch, at your job as a security office, in a warzone, or at your range. As a long gun enthusiast who just put together his first AR15 from parts, I understand how it feels to be in our position and see stuff like this. I've had it out with more than a few of my friends in the last few months. But taking this irrational, idiotic fear that people have and flaunting it in their faces, however peacefully you do it, just foments resentment. Protest this all you want. Bring your signs, your fuck the police shirts, your noise makers/PA systems, and your angriest faces... but for the love god, leave your guns at home in their cases. Be civil, and meet their hostility with compassion and education. There isn't any reason to fill their heads with more reasons to paint gun owners as irrational or unhinged.
    Rimfire Hobbyist -- Ruger 10/22 Takedown * Ruger Mk III 22/45 * Marlin Model 25

Quote Originally Posted by Gr1mfire View Post
    I normally stay out of shit like this... but having grown up in the town next to where this guy was arrested, and now living in the town just south of where he was arrested, I have to say what I feel.

This isn't going to accomplish anything. Most gun owners will even admit the OCing a long gun, especially a semi-automatic rifle, is peculiar anywhere but on your ranch, at your job as a security office, in a warzone, or at your range. As a long gun enthusiast who just put together his first AR15 from parts, I understand how it feels to be in our position and see stuff like this. I've had it out with more than a few of my friends in the last few months. But taking this irrational, idiotic fear that people have and flaunting it in their faces, however peacefully you do it, just foments resentment. Protest this all you want. Bring your signs, your fuck the police shirts, your noise makers/PA systems, and your angriest faces... but for the love god, leave your guns at home in their cases. Be civil, and meet their hostility with compassion and education. There isn't any reason to fill their heads with more reasons to paint gun owners as irrational or unhinged.

I can't feel that way. If the OC of a long gun is legal, then why would you want to leave your firearm home? You talk about educating them. How better to show those who probably don't know it's legal to OC a long gun, then by doing exactly that AND educating them about the law. The police said the kid wasn't breaking any laws. So the neighborhood has already been put on notice that doing so, isn't breaking any laws. Now it's time to teach the neighbors that the firearm isn't what is to be feared. Again I have to ask, what happens when THEY want to take away your ability to OC a handgun? Would that lead to no CC of that same handgun later on? When does it stop?

I take this as just another compromise and I for one am tired of compromising my rights.

If the kid is nuts, then he should be helped. If this is a political ploy to circumvent the rights of the citizens of PA, then shame on us if we allow it to happen.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    I've settled on a "Fuck The Police" shirt, but I'm not sure what color.
    Stay classy !

I notice that EVERY Democratic primary ad includes a promise to Pennsylvania voters that the candidate "will ban assault weapons".

Apparently, that polls pretty well with half the voters.

I'd factor that into any plans ya'll have. Scaring them with guns that are already banned in most of the states around us, in an election year, may not be the smart play.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Thanks to all who attended my Firearms Law Workshops this year!

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast