Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Default Re: June 16th come ruin it for everybody with us in Abington PA

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    Nice strawman argument attempts.

Try this: Hey Gunlawyer, do you think it would be a good idea to float an open carry or preemption test case to the PA Supreme Court this session?

Theres no way we could lose because 'Merica!

If "not being afraid to exercise your Constitutional rights" winds up causing more infringements, was it a smart thing to do in the end?

There's a time and a place for everything. Some people just don't agree that this is the best time for an open carry black rifle protest.
    BGOS

Quote Originally Posted by buxbandit View Post
    A bit of sense, if I can. If you're walking from a parking area to a hunting area, your car to the range or the RV to a serious competition. It's your right. Be glad you live in a state that doesn't challenge it. It's also the right of underinformed millennial soccer moms to be able to take their children outside without without some gun toting stranger scaring the shit out of everyone. That's in the constitution too.
    Hearts and minds have been winning since Sun Tzu.
    Please cite that version of your Constitution.

How to blow a Gunowners mind.

[IMG]via Imgflip Meme Generator[/IMG]
    Proof Armed citizens make a difference. http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=316012

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by j_h_smith View Post
    BGOS

(Montgomery County)

A lot of Fudd-like comments on this thread. I thought "shall not be infringed" and Constitution M-Fer were the mantras of this site. I guess until people do things in which you don't agree, even when perfectly legal. Soccer moms are offended by poptarts shaped like guns, there's no pleasing them so why bother trying.
    Last edited by DK23; May 13th, 2018 at 08:54 PM.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by j_h_smith View Post
    BGOS
    Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    Alright...what does it stand for?
    I see stupid people, they're everywhere, they don't even know they're stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Quite frankly, I have no fears that 3 or 6 guys carrying rifles in some little Bumfuck Pennsylvania town is going to be the pivotal moment when our second amendment rights begin to crumble.
    . . .
    When I look at the guys in this thread speaking of peacefully standing up for their rights, I really don't see it as something that's going to "ruin it for everyone".
    That's what I was talking about, seeing the world ONLY through your own perspective.

We have decent gun rights in PA, with a GOP majority. But a Democrat governor. A Democrat Supreme Court. Lower appellate courts with a history of siding with gun control.

"Inherent rights" are not a magic amulet or magic spell, whose utterance makes our opponents impotent; the citizens of New Jersey live under the exact same 2nd Amendment that we do; politics matters, public perception matters. Propaganda matters. Marching in Abington with rifles is an act that might as well be chartered and paid for by the Brady assholes.

Bottom line, by exercising a right in a manner calculated to alarm the vast middle, you are acting against us. Tell yourself whatever comforting lies you need to tell, but that's the reality. We're an oasis of gun rights in a hive of anti-gun states here in the northeast corner of the United States, and you can be sure that the gun owners in all those other states that banned AR's and standard mags and open carry, the states that require pre-approved licenses to buy guns, the ones that register every pistol and shotgun and rifle . . .those gun owners chanted the same magic words about "liberty" and "my rights" and "inalienable", and found out that those rights were pretty alienable after all. Just 51% of the voters can put a 100% anti-gun douchebag into power, and to deny that makes you an enemy of common sense and freedom.

What else would you call someone who purposefully follows a strategy that is most likely to result in restrictions of our liberties?

Here's a clue, most of us aren't looking forward to street fighting against a tyrannical government; so anyone who hopes (secretly or out loud) to push the enemy into full-blown tyranny all at once, "so that we don't get there slowly like the boiled frog", is our enemy just as surely as any Iranian or hoplophobe or Antifa clown.

I don't know how to say it any more plainly or rudely, but the subtle hints have fallen on deaf ears.

I'm a proponent of free speech, but if you tried to get a group up to go by the synagogue and make fun of the Orthodox Jews, I'd oppose that as well. Because "free speech" is a right, but being obnoxious isn't.
    Last edited by GunLawyer001; May 13th, 2018 at 09:00 PM.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Thanks to all who attended my Firearms Law Workshops this year!

(Armstrong County)

This is precisely why I don't come to PAFOA forum.
    A bunch of candy assed FUDDs..
    We laid our asses on the line when Open Carrying was frowned upon. Got the police retrained and the message out State wide you mess with an Open Carrier and you were inviting all of us to show up..
    This is a trial balloon that is being floated by Madeleine Dean through the Police Chief to see if we will take it.. If we let this go then it will happen more and more often..

A "Right" NOT Exercised is No "Right"
    I'll be there with or without you candy asses..
    Ed
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3790&dateline=1331561  797An OathKeeper and OC Activist, 1 of the 3%, Ed Stephan

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by edstephan View Post
    This is precisely why I don't come to PAFOA forum.
    A bunch of candy assed FUDDs..
    We laid our asses on the line when Open Carrying was frowned upon. Got the police retrained and the message out State wide you mess with an Open Carrier and you were inviting all of us to show up..
    This is a trial balloon that is being floated by Madeleine Dean through the Police Chief to see if we will take it.. If we let this go then it will happen more and more often..

A "Right" NOT Exercised is No "Right"
    I'll be there with or without you candy asses..
    Ed
    ^^^ This. ^^^
    --ET

(Bucks County)

It's the same as when you are trying to explain guns to an anti gun, anti 2nd person.
    They won't get it and don't want to hear it. You can't even use facts, they only believe what the media has told them over and over.
    FAKE NEWS.
    Last edited by :-); May 13th, 2018 at 09:20 PM.
    -Smiley

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast