Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Palmetto AR 9mm pistol

Hey all !

I just purchased a Palmetto State Armory -PSA 9mm pistol for Glock mags with the Shockwave stabilizing brace - eagerly awaiting delivery to my local shop. I will post a review once I have her. I am eventually hoping to put a supressor on her (Osprey 45) after finding funding for the can and tax stamp ( may have to sell some other toys to afford it...).
    Here's the link to the description http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-1...165448224.html

I will post updates when I get it.
    Cb Μολὼν λαβέ

(Lycoming County)

Default Re: Palmetto AR 9mm pistol

Quote Originally Posted by solrac7 View Post
    Hey all !

I just purchased a Palmetto State Armory -PSA 9mm pistol for Glock mags with the Shockwave stabilizing brace - eagerly awaiting delivery to my local shop. I will post a review once I have her. I am eventually hoping to put a supressor on her (Osprey 45) after finding funding for the can and tax stamp ( may have to sell some other toys to afford it...).
    Here's the link to the description http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-1...165448224.html

Nice, I have one of their glock mag lowers waiting on an upper right now. I just haven't decided on which one yet.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by solrac7 View Post
    Hey all !

Wanting to buy this one, but shouldn't spend the money at this point. Keep us posted! I know the 9mm AR platform can be tough to get to run 100%.

(Allegheny County)

I have the carbine. The clear cheap looking mag that came with( ETS?) runs perfectly. A 33 rd glock mag wouldn't. 17 rd glock mags ran perfect. Go figure.

(Berks County)

ETS mags are good to go. They are all I use in my 9mmAR.

(Lancaster County)

Just got her home today - BIG GIGGLES !!!!! what a hoot to shoot ! Cleaned her and lubed her up (it was shipped dry as a bone) ran 50 flawless rounds through her (one 20 mag and one 30 mag) That's all I had time to do today. Need a new battery for my red dot, so no accuracy results yet (just used a tin can as target and put it in the middle of the unfortunately dotless scope was on target or close more often than not.

Observations:

1) no last round hold open on this model (knew that going in) not a big deal.

2) magazine catch is "different" - not sure if this is a design issue or what at this point, but in order to get the magazine release to work, I had to push up on the empty - again, not a deal breaker, just different.

3) I will probably have to adjust the KAK-blade an inch back if possible.

4) kick is negligible - much like my 10/22

Otherwise, what a fun little "pistol" !!
    Cb Μολὼν λαβέ

(Allegheny County)

I am definately a fan of the PCC. Cheaper to shoot, acurate, reduced recoil and noise, can shoot it at the indoor range in winter and as you mentioned fun. Enjoy.

(Lancaster County)

Fun fact, My original Glock mags (old... not metal lined, non drop free) will NOT work if loaded to capacity - they won't even fit in the gun ! I guess they bulge a little and become too fat to insert. My newer Glock 26 10 round mags work fine, as do the cheap Korean "OEM Glock" metal lined mags that I have. Oh well.

Cb
    Cb Μολὼν λαβέ

(Allegheny County)

People just had to go and dick around with a proven Colt design just so they could use Glock mags.

Tsk! Tsk! Tsk!

Hopefully you get it all nailed down to where you know what works and what doesn't.
    My 9mm carbine build (Colt pattern) functioned perfectly right from the start. I was half expecting minor problems, but it's been reliable.

Would love to build a 9mm pistol too.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Montgomery County)

The question is this or the PC carbine...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast