Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: 38 Snubbie or a 380 Auto

Quote Originally Posted by BUCKMARK View Post
    Yeah, and I'm quite sure that a G26 single stack would sell like hotcakes. look how many Kahr/Keltecs are sold. Import points suck.
    Hey, if you're going to go there I would wager that the G18 and G28 would fly out the door. I know that I would be on the list but we can't get them over here. Thank you BATFE.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

(Bucks County)

Carry the P3-AT everyday, have 2200+ thru it, never a malfunction.... is easily the lightest, most comfortable, reasonably powerful carry gun. And for me, very easy and accurate shooter.
    Slipped into my rear pocket, no jacket, shirt tucked in and not even my wife has EVER known it's there. Even in gym shorts, no shirt. For me .... the perfect Pocket Protector.

(Centre County)

Nobody mentioned the AMT single action and DAO .380 pistols. I think a .380 with a hot load is suitable for close-range defense, which is usually the only defense that you can justify.
    Here's what they have going for the:
    1. super flat for CCW
    2. quick reloading, and magazine bock can be filed down to accept a 6th rnd. for a 6+1 carry config.
    3. all stainless steel construction
    4. cheap, but less of a piece of shit than a Kel-Tec .380
    5. DAO model has a hefty trigger pull, but fine if you're used to a revolver.
    6. very smooth, feels like a bar of soap; no sharp edges sticking out to catch on clothing.

Downsides:
    1. a little heavy, due to the all SS construction.
    2. no slide lock on empty mag.

(Bucks County)

Kel-Tec a PoS?
    Mines been perfect. Been shooting and CCW for 25 Yrs. Nothing has filled the everyday carry role as well as the P3-AT.
    Last year KT sold 39,000+ of them
    Year before 34,000+ of them
    The vast majority are flaw free. don't go by a few who have had problems.
    How many AMT's sold ??

(Lehigh County)

Definitely a .38 snub nosed revolver over an auto.

Sunbby's have 5 or 6 shots compared to a pint-sized auto with what, 6 or 7, but in extreme-close contact fire, the BG has a grip on your barrel or through the pocket firing, an automatic is good for one shot.

Too much to go wrong with auto-loaders when SHTF, mag release, thumb safety, pocket lint, or the receipt form 7-11. I'd much rather pull the trigger again than slap, rack, bang (or click).

A speed-loader fits easily into a front pocket or there are pouches made for them on the order of a mag pouch. I prefer having two speed strips and with practice one can reload a snubby just as fast as an auto.

Snubby's are soft and cuddly to to a jury, versus an "eeeevil black automatic (say machine-gun) pistol".

The ultimate point and click device, in a high stress situation it is VERY easy to draw aim and ... nothing, "Oh, 5hit, I forgot to release the safety!" (I know, that wouldn't happen to YOU. But in general, it happens.)

Attachment 361
    Last edited by LastManOut; April 17th, 2009 at 06:41 PM.
    Veritas Vos Liberat

(Schuylkill County)

stick with the 38 snub nose just my .02cents.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by PocketProtector View Post
    Kel-Tec a PoS?
    Mines been perfect. Been shooting and CCW for 25 Yrs. Nothing has filled the everyday carry role as well as the P3-AT.
    Last year KT sold 39,000+ of them
    Year before 34,000+ of them
    The vast majority are flaw free. don't go by a few who have had problems.
    How many AMT's sold ??
    Don't confuse sales figures with quailty. If sale figures meant quality, the Windows operating system would be defined as the pinnacle of OS's, which it is not.

The one and only Kel-Tec .380 I handled had a visibly distorted barrel and felt flimsy. The AMT has a thicker barrel, a fixed barrel, and the gun can be run over by a tank and still function.

(Bucks County)

If you haven't owned a Kel-Tec and haven't become familiar with them, how can you be an expert? I own 3....all perfect.....Glock style. Never a problem. Supreme accuracy all. Over 6500+ rounds thru with ZERO malfunctions. So much for a POS.

I have a First generation G19 (1989), great gun but it doesn't do what a KT does.

Kel-Tecs push the power/weight envelope to the edge and they do it beautifully.That is why they are so successful, the #1 Handgun manufacturer in the US.

No one else comes close to equalling them in the niche they have. Please give credit when it is due. If it was easy to do, the big boys would be making an equivalent and they are NOT.

Believe me, buy one, carry it and you will be sold too.
    Last edited by PocketProtector; April 6th, 2007 at 10:08 PM.

(Allegheny County)

i carry both t380 and s&w 642 the gun you have with you is the best self defense gun . always carry . i never leave home without my kel tec p32 and another gun.

(Philadelphia County)

Hammerless J-frames are superior to pocket autos for concealed carry and here's why - You can fire all five rounds through them from inside of a jacket pocket without even drawing it first. A bad guy wouldn't even know he's getting shot until you're almost done emptying all five rounds into his torso.

If you see somebody approaching you on the street and you don't like the looks of him, you can put your hand on your pistol, point it at him, and get your trigger finger ready, all without his knowledge and without causing unnecessary panic to any bystanders who might be nearby. You would only need a split second to shoot if you needed to, as opposed to a pocket auto which requires you to draw it first.

S&W makes the only hammerles snubbies as far as I know. Taurus makes "bobbed" hammers, but they can still get pinched in the fabric of your jacket after you fire the first shot. Hammerless J-frames will work flawlessly from inside of a pocket.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast