Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    (Erie County)

Default Re: Trump Pumps NRA - markshere2 has doubts

Go ahead and vote for Elizabeth Warren if she runs and see how that works out for you.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ItchyTick View Post
    Go ahead and vote for Elizabeth Warren if she runs and see how that works out for you.
    She prefers "Chief Warren", if you please.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Chester County)

Me think's Trump is getting addicted to political power and looks to keep being the Prez.

(Berks County)

For all the abuse he takes I think he wants a second round. He does bob and weave on everything but for the most part he comes out on the right side of things. Is it premeditated? It might just be...throw everything out there and see which way the wind blows. If he comes out hard core for gun rights and all these screaming ninnies lost their hate Trump/hate NRA elections it would be orgasmic. It is nervous times right now.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    For all the abuse he takes I think he wants a second round. He does bob and weave on everything but for the most part he comes out on the right side of things. Is it premeditated? It might just be...throw everything out there and see which way the wind blows. If he comes out hard core for gun rights and all these screaming ninnies lost their hate Trump/hate NRA elections it would be orgasmic. It is nervous times right now.
    Nervous times maybe. But it would be near apocalyptic times if Hillary had won. I have no problem criticizing Trump and have no illusion that he is perfect.

But can you imagine what it would be like if Hillary had won. After Las Vegas, Parkland and the Texas church? If we had a president who was joining the chorus and actively pushing for massive gun control. A president who was quoted saying she couldn’t wait to take the NRA on. Vs a president who is speaking to the NRA and treating them and their members like the American citizens they are, not the scum Hillary and her ilk like to think they are.

Can you imagine a president who was continuing the Obama legacy of appointing anti judges. One who would not even have a Gorsuch on her radar.

I have seen people here and other places who seem to enjoy pointing out every questionable thing Trump has done as if trashing him is a positive thing. They are right, he has done questionable things. I am in the no compromise camp. No to bumpstock bans, no to raising the age for rifle purchase to 21. Simply no, no, no, no.

Pointing out that Trump has done questionable things is natural and healthy, but taking it to the point of trashing him and tearing him down, creating doubt and giving people pause to vote for him in the future will not do us much good and will help a Hillary type in 2020. We can help ourselves or be our own worst enemy as far as the 2nd goes for the future.

I am all for keeping an eye on Trump. But as much as I am in a no compromise camp, unless he goes full blown anti he has my support.

(Chester County)

I've said this before and I'll say it again. I am starting to think most of politics is kabuki theater designed to entertain the masses with the illusion that somebody really gives a crap about us, while in reality, all they care about is feathering their own beds and staying in power.
    We had everything we needed when Trump was elected. EVERYTHING.... from a Republican president, to House and Senate Republican majorities, to a preponderance of Republican Governorships. Everything could and should have gotten rammed through in the first 90 days. But instead we got NOTHING that they promised. No repeal and replace Obamacare, no tax simplification (unless you're foolish enough to believe eliminating our tax breaks is somehow what we meant by simpler), no 50 state carry, no hearing protection.

Anybody think if the Democrats had what we had at the start of 2017 that THEIR agenda would have been thwarted? They got Obamacare through didn't they, without a single Republican vote? So after 8 years of listening to Republicans whine about Obama and the Democrats, we gave them all they asked for and their chance to do what we asked, but all of our pro-gun representatives suddenly look like the Three Stooges trying to paint a room. Lots of noise and commotion, but nothing productive gets done.

But I'm willing to bet if the public gives the Dems a majority next time, our Republican representatives will suddenly get real vocal about getting us what we want if ONLY they were in power once more. Anybody feel like Charlie Brown trying to kick a football with Lucy holding?

Next time, I'm voting Libertarian to punish the Toomeys and others that screwed us. I hope they lose. I don't care if the Dems do get in because the remaining Republicans will get noisy once more when they know that they don't really have to do anything except complain. They're good at blocking Dems, but not so much at doing what they promised once they get in for fear of losing liberal votes they ain't never gonna get anyway!

Unless Hearing protection, 50 state, and tax simplification ALL get approved before the next election, screw Republicans. You all do whatever you want. It won't make much difference either way, I'm willing to bet.

(Lancaster County)

We have been deceived...

How much of the discord with Trump should actually be directed at the Republican led House and Senate? Sure, President Trump isn't a REAL 2nd Amendment protector. But at least he's not out to hold hearings on the abolishment of the 2nd Amendment.

I think he's the closest thing to a friend we have in government right now. Don't you think the Republican swamp creatures would sell our 2nd Amendment rights in a New York minute for a nice, neat, personal victory, so that they can stay in office for 4 more years.

Be careful what you wish for... cause you may just get it.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by j_h_smith View Post
    How much of the discord with Trump should actually be directed at the Republican led House and Senate? Sure, President Trump isn't a REAL 2nd Amendment protector. But at least he's not out to hold hearings on the abolishment of the 2nd Amendment.

I think he's the closest thing to a friend we have in government right now. Don't you think the Republican swamp creatures would sell our 2nd Amendment rights in a New York minute for a nice, neat, personal victory, so that they can stay in office for 4 more years.

Be careful what you wish for... cause you may just get it.
    You got it........

Don't listen to the media, Trump doesn't make the laws or introduce new bills. He can do some things by executive order but it is up to the Republicans in congress to pass or change new laws.

Why they are not doing that is the real question.

uniparty congress is mostly to blame here.

jefferson could indeed run, you believe it's beyond the democrats to use their dead voters to vote for a dead president? i mean, HRC would have needed sticks and a puppeteer to prop her fatazz up.

trump did indeed piss me off with the "extreme risk" order and bumpstock BS. he is still a NYer at core.
    what pisses me off more is that congress ran with fix nics and other nonsense....and that trump didn't veto.
    establishment is deep rooted. went from national reciprocity with fix nics, to simply getting fix nics.
    anyone see's mitch, give him some kind words for me.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast