Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Trump Pumps NRA - markshere2 has doubts

Quote Originally Posted by buckengr View Post
    Just my opinion, but I've felt this for a long time. I seriously feel gun owners and conservatives are our own worst enemy.

This so-called Ted Cruz creeper vibe thing is such a farce. I mean, I get it. You don't like something about his voice, or his mannerisms, or his appearance. He's a little strange, and if this was a middle school popularity contest, maybe that would matter.

But the truth is that has NO BEARING on his ability and more importantly, his PROVEN WILLINGNESS to give a full-throated, well reasoned, articulate defense of the Constitution and the 2nd Amendment for its original intended purpose at every turn. He gets it, and unlike most of his sleazy counterparts, he actually has a history of speaking and standing on principle. Read his statements after every attempted gun grab. Watch his speeches at the NRA convention. Look at his voting track record. Read his books. Listen to his interviews. Everything is tied back to the fundamental limitations on the role of government imposed by our Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

We fall victim to the infighting that the left and the MSM tries to foment in us. The virtuous among us are attacked with these ridiculous superficial insults and mockery, and somehow, for some reason, we tolerate it and accept it. We think it matters for some reason that I will never understand. We laugh at claims that Ted Cruz is the Zodiac killer or that Cruz's dad shot JFK. Maybe it's just all too much fun, and it's not worth giving up the mockery and ridicule. Maybe it's just too much to ask to think that we shouldn't act like middle-school bullies. If the people who should know better all just shut the f!@k up about this crap it might do some good in this country.. But, at this point, it's just expected and accepted. I'm no longer amused.

And we wonder why we can't get true conservatives in public office (God forbid, a conservative woman)? Maybe because half the time the right can't get their act together long enough to avoid tearing our own candidates to pieces with whatever viral soundbyte came out on last night's John Oliver, tweet, or SNL. The left sure doesn't seem to have this problem--they rally the wagons.

If we won't stand behind our best advocates, why would they stand for us?

/rant
    I voted for the creeper and supported his campaign.

why isn't ted cruz president?

i'd vote for him, i like the fact that he creeps me the F out.
    i wouldn't chum around him or come over to dinner though.

Edit: and yes, we are our own worst enemy. whether it be infighting over calibers or how much freedom we should enjoy.
    we're also humans, as such we are extremely hard to motivate and we're quite a disobedient bunch at that.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

Quote Originally Posted by fallenleader View Post
    why isn't ted cruz president?

i'd vote for him, i like the fact that he creeps me the F out.
    i wouldn't chum around him or come over to dinner though.

Edit: and yes, we are our own worst enemy. whether it be infighting over calibers or how much freedom we should enjoy.
    we're also humans, as such we are extremely hard to motivate and we're quite a disobedient bunch at that.
    In my humble opinion, I don't think any of the swamp candidates stood a chance once the Trump train started it's trip to Washington. The establishment was taken to task for their past transgressions and I don't know if anyone was going to beat Donald Trump in the primaries.

For those who disliked the looks or sound of any candidate, shame on you. The message is much more important than the looks or mannerisms of the person. Look at Ross Perot. He was vilified for his looks and mannerisms. Thus, he was never taken seriously as a candidate. But it would seem that Donald Trump's message was more important that the caricatures of the man.

I would hope that the message of any candidate is more important than their looks.

(Beaver County)

Buckengr is a observant and smart guy.

Quote Originally Posted by j_h_smith View Post
    In my humble opinion, I don't think any of the swamp candidates stood a chance once the Trump train started it's trip to Washington. The establishment was taken to task for their past transgressions and I don't know if anyone was going to beat Donald Trump in the primaries.

For those who disliked the looks or sound of any candidate, shame on you. The message is much more important than the looks or mannerisms of the person. Look at Ross Perot. He was vilified for his looks and mannerisms. Thus, he was never taken seriously as a candidate. But it would seem that Donald Trump's message was more important that the caricatures of the man.

I would hope that the message of any candidate is more important than their looks.
    so is Cruz the swamp or some selfless saint that would place America and the Constitution over his career?

Quote Originally Posted by fallenleader View Post
    so is Cruz the swamp or some selfless saint that would place America and the Constitution over his career?
    I said in my other post that I doubt he would put the Constitution before his re-election bid. But if someone believes in his message, his looks or mannerisms should not be the deciding factor in your vote.

I said in my other post that I doubt he would put the Constitution before his re-election bid. But if someone believes in his message, his looks or mannerisms should not be the deciding factor in your vote.
    sorry, i missed who said it.

There are a lot more things besides the constitution. Trump is taking care of that now.
    I doubt cruz would have done the same. I get the feeling hes just another swamp creature.

Everyone seems to forget who were the outsiders before Trump came along. In the House it was the Freedom Caucus. In the Senate it was people like Ted Cruz.
    The swamp hates Cruz mainly because he does not embrace the business as usual corruption and instead stands on principle. He does not fall in line and play their game.
    Many of the Freedom Caucus members and the Tea Party Senators are the true 2A proponents and our best bet to protect our gun Rights.
    Stop wasting your time on politicians who do not hold the preservation of the Constitution and the 2A above all else.

GeneCC and Philadelphia Patriot hit the mark on the head. I do not trust him.

'Take the guns now, due process later'

He is a liar and has duped 80% of you.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011