Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 18 of 59 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
    (Clearfield County)

Default Re: Central PA Group Shoot. 2018

Quote Originally Posted by gghbi View Post
    Is anyone going to bring some kind of name tags/markers to make IDing folks easier? If not let me know and I will get some.
    Streaker is doing custom engraved cock rings for everybody, make sure to send him your size by thursday.

(Clinton County)

Default Re: Central PA Group Shoot. July 14th, 2018.

There will be target stands and osb sheets up to attach targets too..

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by gghbi View Post
    Is anyone going to bring some kind of name tags/markers to make IDing folks easier? If not let me know and I will get some.
    Yep, I'm bringing the tags. But just to let you know, they don't always work for a number of reasons:

1. You sweat and the tag falls off your shirt. Somebody picks up the tag, crosses out your name and with his own Sharpie writes "Kick Me", and puts it on somebody he's never met. I swear to God I was just kidding and this never happened.

2. If you belong to a range somewhere and had to wear a badge, you can affix these to your badge. I've done it to mine using two rows: the first row is my name "Mark". The second row is my on-line name: bamboomaster.

3. I'm not sure if we're beyond the troubling times of over-reaching, but some folks don't want tags or pictures taken without permission. So if you're thinking of taking pics, ask for permission.

4. And just as a courtesy to everybody else, bring a breech flag for everything you have on the table. This has always been a SAFE event and you may as well let folks know that you already know how to make your firearms safe, even if they're on your table.
    Last edited by bamboomaster; July 9th, 2018 at 07:25 PM.
    - bamboomaster

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gr1mfire View Post
    I actually didn't think about a target stand or anything. I have a ton of paper targets and a fair amount of Shoot N C coming in tomorrow, anybody have a place I share to hang them?
    ?
    FNG has to hold the targets for us.

Seriously, Pahuntingfool has lots of stands he puts up. I'm sure there will be room.

(Berks County)

I'm used to having a target on my back.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by bamboomaster View Post
    Yep, I'm bringing the tags. But just to let you know, they don't always work for a number of reasons:

1. You sweat and the tag falls off your shirt. Somebody picks up the tag, crosses out your name and with his own Sharpie writes "Kick Me", and puts it on somebody he's never met. I swear to God I was just kidding and this never happened.

2. If you belong to a range somewhere and had to wear a badge, you can affix these to your badge. I've done it to mine using two rows: the first row is my name "Mark". The second row is my on-line name: bamboomaster.

3. I'm not sure if we're beyond the troubling times of over-reaching, but some folks don't want tags or pictures taken without permission. So if you're thinking of taking pics, ask for permission.

4. And just as a courtesy to everybody else, bring a breech flag for everything you have on the table. This has always been a SAFE event and you may as well let folks know that you already know how to make your firearms safe, even if they're on your table.
    Thanks for bringing the tags again. Always appreciated. I always ask if anyone doesn't want to appear on camera at the safety talk at the beginning. I know personally I'll be shooting pictures and video while there. Just speak up if you don't want in them.

Chamber flags are always helpful, especially with different people shooting all kinds of different guns. If you don't have them it's not required, but make sure to keep actions open on anything your not actually firing. As this keeps getting bigger, it just helps keep everyone safe.

(Allegheny County)

I was going to order chamber flags with the PAFOA logo like I did for the Pittsburgh shoots last year, but when my transmission went, so did all available monies.
    Maybe I can get that together ahead of the next shoot and have some available.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I was going to order chamber flags with the PAFOA logo like I did for the Pittsburgh shoots last year, but when my transmission went, so did all available monies.
    Maybe I can get that together ahead of the next shoot and have some available.
    Do you have a place that sells in bulk that can do 2 day delivery without customizing?
    Chamber flags are a good idea.
    The issue is that they are expensive and a lot of people are bringing 10+ items x 30 people = 300 flags at ~$1 per = $300.

A discount bulk order would be good.
    Maybe it would be best if people that don't have flags buy them at cost from someone making a bulk order.
    Tell me what works and I will volunteer to get it done.
    Bern-
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    Do you have a place that sells in bulk that can do 2 day delivery without customizing?
    Chamber flags are a good idea.
    The issue is that they are expensive and a lot of people are bringing 10+ items x 30 people = 300 flags at ~$1 per = $300.

A discount bulk order would be good.
    Maybe it would be best if people that don't have flags buy them at cost from someone making a bulk order.
    Tell me what works and I will volunteer to get it done.
    Bern-
    Probably not something I'd jump into on this short of notice.
    PM sent.

I do plan to get more with the PAFOA logo printed on them (this was approved by Danp himself) for future shoots.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

Won't be making this one, the wife is coming home after 6 weeks on friday night, and I promised her smoked ribs on the day she came back. original flight was coming in saturday night about midnight, so fire up the smoker Sunday!

Yeah, no.

Smoker lights around midnight friday going in to saturday. :/

Have a great time shooting!

Page 18 of 59 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast