Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 46 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast
    (Lycoming County)

Default Re: Central PA Group Shoot. July 14th, 2018.

Thanks to all who came out for this. Definitely the biggest turn out we've had at a summer shoot. Great day and great fun. As always big special thanks to Pahuntingfool for hosting this and putting in so much work to make this happen.

Special thanks to bamboomaster/miss and qmcorps too. You guys make this the event that it is. Thanks to Toobigtofit for being my cooking partner again this year too. We didn't quite break the bacon record, but pigs every where are still shivering at the mention of Rauchtown.

Thanks to Toobigtofit and Berncly for sticking around past 6 and cleaning up too. I hope you made it home safely. Long day to have a couple hour drive home after all that. I'm lucky to live so close and know how tired I was when I got home 5 minutes after leaving.

Great meeting all the new people and seeing old faces. I love these events. Thank you all and I hope we can make this happen again for the fourth time.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by KCJones View Post
    Ah... You know... There are some guys at my gun club that I'd like to 'shit' their stuff... So thanks for coining the phrase.
    I believe that is a genre ,but I got a line I’m not crossing on google searches. Thanks for helping me find my line.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Berks County)

Default Re: Central PA Group Shoot. 2018

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    I've been eating burgers, bacon, beans, donuts, and cookies all day at the group shoot. Just stopped and had meatloaf.

I have 2 hours to drive home.

The question is, can I make it without shitting myself or using a public restroom?
    That perfectly describes my drive home and all I had was water knowing I needed to avoid just such a dilemma. I don’t like NFA abandoning in locked truck. White knuckle ride fighting shit storm and sleep. That would have been good, pass out , shit self then finish ride in that condition. Howard stern interviewed Shane from the walking dead saved my life, patriot, fox and music channels almost killed me. .

Yesterday was the best day I’ve had in so long, thanks to everybody, you all make this happen. Merrica! Over joyed and beat up in Mohnton.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Central PA Group Shoot. 2018

Phillylou and I were doing some comparison on hanging / supporting steel. I just ordered 2 sets of 2 by 4 brackets for my resetting poppers.
    They were too low and I didn't want people shooting up the fence wire on the ground so took them down before the shoot started.

I also have to modify a way to hang a few targets that swing off the hooks.
    I'll drill.holes in the bases to pin them to the ground as a couple fell over.
    The wood got shot up pretty much but I had extras.
    One of the spring plates was hit by rifle fire although the plates were going to be changed to AR rated for our next PMSC shoot.
    I think Pennlinemans set up held up.
    I didn't get down to that side.
    The smell.of bacon drew me away.

The steel set up is a work in progress and fine tuning it keeps me out of the bars.

Good stuff
    Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    Holy shit, I'm a fat bastard--get in my belly.

I'll have to work on that while I'm working on getting a suppressor for the next shoot.

And you had to post a pic of Fat Bastard, ya fat bastard.

Did you soil yourself?

Noah
    Last edited by Noah_Zark; July 15th, 2018 at 08:27 AM.
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Berks County)

Get in my belly.

(Berks County)

I feel a little like a slouch for not hanging around for clean-up but with a long ride home after baking like a tater in the sun (and over-gorging myself) I just didn't have the life left in me to do it all. Gunsnwater, I wished I'd have seen your name tag, I'd like to have yakked it up a bit. Next time you won't get away so easy 'cause now I know what you look like (a little birdie dimed you out). Shooting paper for sighting in was nice (I had a spotting scope along) but plinking da steel is definitely more fun. Someone needs to design some sort of a pinwheel or something that will spin if you hit it right. Maybe a well balanced piece with an support through a sideways axis and a slightly heavier end to make it stand upright would be devised by a hand d man. Either way, a plinker that gives some satisfaction after a properly placed hit would be orgasmic.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I feel a little like a slouch for not hanging around for clean-up but with a long ride home after baking like a tater in the sun (and over-gorging myself) I just didn't have the life left in me to do it all. Gunsnwater, I wished I'd have seen your name tag, I'd like to have yakked it up a bit. Next time you won't get away so easy 'cause now I know what you look like (a little birdie dimed you out). Shooting paper for sighting in was nice (I had a spotting scope along) but plinking da steel is definitely more fun. Someone needs to design some sort of a pinwheel or something that will spin if you hit it right. Maybe a well balanced piece with an support through a sideways axis and a slightly heavier end to make it stand upright would be devised by a hand d man. Either way, a plinker that gives some satisfaction after a properly placed hit would be orgasmic.
    There are plenty available.
    Texas star. There are many configurations and sizes.

Rotating dissimilar sized targets spinning on a center shaft. These are made by quite a few suppliers.

I'll see if I can get the links of a few.

If I had a grand to spare I'd get one of each.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by 27hand View Post
    There are plenty available.
    Texas star. There are many configurations and sizes.

Rotating dissimilar sized targets spinning on a center shaft. These are made by quite a few suppliers.

I'll see if I can get the links of a few.

If I had a grand to spare I'd get one of each.
    A grand? Whoaaaa I know that I have the equipment to make things like that but the skillset is a different issue. I've amassed a good collection of shop tools in my years. Just some simple stuff would hold me for a little while.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    A grand? Whoaaaa I know that I have the equipment to make things like that but the skillset is a different issue. I've amassed a good collection of shop tools in my years. Just some simple stuff would hold me for a little while.
    This is a great steel target system. I think all components are AR500.
    One plate is either larger or just heavier and the 2 arms are offset.
    Hitting the target and making it spin on its axis is the drill.
    If you miss one shot, you might be able to catch up. If you miss 2, you likely have to start over.If you hit too early or too late, you will dampen the rotation and start over. Depending on bullet weight, velocity will determine how many shots to get rotation. My best was 5 rounds of 180 grain .40 cal. I did get one over in 3 rounds of .44mag
    This one runs $550
    I have the ability to weld but not on AR rated metal which weakens or takes the temper out of the steel in a small area of weldment.

https://store.ravelingroup.com/rotat...un-target.aspx

Here is a Texas Star. Knocking one of the plates off changes the weight and varies how much and how fast it might spin. $675 but shipping is free. ha.

https://www.amazon.com/CMP-B51-Texas.../dp/B00IJ0XVEU
    Last edited by 27hand; July 15th, 2018 at 10:43 AM.

Page 46 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast