Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 59 123451151 ... LastLast
    (Lycoming County)

Default Central PA Group Shoot. July 14th, 2018.

It's that time of year again. We're going to be having the Central PA Shoot on Saturday July 14th this year. It will be again held at Pahuntingfool's farm in Clinton County. Personally I can never thank him enough for hosting this event every year and so should everyone else. Now the usual intro:

This is a very relaxed atmosphere and a good time was had by all that attended. Most everything will be the same as last year, but here's the just of it.

This is open to all pafoa members and there families. Any one under 18 should be accompanied by a parent or guardian please. This is a free event. We will more than likely ask for voluntary donations to help offset some of the costs, but there is no charge to attend.
    The shoot will start @ 10am, with a short safety briefing and will go until, well whenever. Again there's really no time constraints due to this being private. At some point we'll have to call it to clean up, but we will play that one by ear for the day.

The range itself is a farm field on a mountain side. We will setup some cover for the day and some benches/tables to shoot off of, but be prepared to be out in a field in the sun (probably not the best time to try out your new tactical flip flops). There is a gravel road most of the way there, but it does not go all the way to the range. We will have a couple of 4 wheel drive trucks to take people up and down if they can't walk it. If you are someone with a disability, or are bringing someone with a disability and can't make a short hike up to the range please pm me and I'll see what I can do to help accommodate. Also there are not any bathroom facilities, it's a field, there is an outhouse by the parking area. We will setup a propane grill and a table for any food anyone would like to bring and coolers for drinks.

Even though this is private ground and a relaxed event there will still be safety rules. Please once the shoot starts keep all firearms not on the line unloaded with the chamber open. The exception will be carried firearms, both oc and concealed. Please leave any carried firearms holstered at all times. We will have people acting as RO's and calling the line. Please listen to whomever is calling line. If you are new to shooting or have any questions as to how this is going to run, please ask them. There are no dumb questions when it comes to safety and guns. If you want to know something before you go feel free to pm me and I'll explain more.

This is going to be a relaxed day of plinking and socializing. We have no time constraints and there will be plenty of opportunity to try out guns. This is not a match or a training course. I hope everyone will be able to come and have a good time. If anyone wants to make a weekend of it, Ravensburg State park is only a few miles away and has free camping sites. It is a nice small state park with a trout stream running through the middle.

Anyone wanting to attend please respond below and let us know how many will be coming and if you are volunteering to bring anything or help out with something. I will post the directions to the event below. Any questions feel free to ask here or PM me.

As with last year pretty much anything goes for targets, except glass and tannerite. Just please remember we have to clean up anything that gets shot up at the end of the day.

If you're going to bring out the full auto toys please let me know in advance. We can accommodate just about anything (last year we had a gatling gun there), but it is much easier to set things up if we have an idea in advance.

Any questions, comments, suggestions feel free to post here or pm me and I'll get back to ya. I had a lot of fun with this last year and I think everyone else that attended did as well. Hope to see those of you I know again this year and I hope to meet some more of you as well. See ya in July.

Rob

Edit:. The campsite's at Ravensburg are no longer free. They cost around $15 a day I believe and are primitive. It is still a beautiful area and worth it imho if you like to camp. Hotels are available in both Lock Haven and Williamsport if you are looking for accomodations. Either would be @ the same distance from the shoot.
    Last edited by R L Suehr; June 25th, 2018 at 10:04 AM.

(Lycoming County)

Default Re: Central PA Group Shoot. 2018

Directions:
    From I-80 the East or West. Take I 80 to exit 192, Jersey Shore SR880. From the East turn left onto East Valley RD, from the west turn right. Follow this for App 1 mile and turn right onto SR 880 North. Follow SR 880 North for App 6 miles and turn left onto Knarr RD. The road to the farm is App 3/10's of a mile on the left, I'll put up a sign here. This is just past Ravensburg State Park on 880, so when you pass the park start looking for Knarr road.

From I 180/ Sr 220: Take the Main St. Jersey Shore exit and follow Main St. to rt 44 South (First Red Light). Turn left onto sr44 South and go over bridge. Follow this for App 3.7 miles and turn right onto Sr 880 South. Follow Sr 880 South for App 3 miles and turn right onto Knarr Rd. The farm is App 3/10's of a mile on the left.

From Rt 15: From the south follow 15 North to I-80 West and follow those directions from there. From the North follow 15 south to I 180/sr220. Take I-180 West/ Sr 220 South and follow the directions from there.

If anyone needs more in the way of directions please feel free to pm me.

(Lycoming County)

Reserved for updating

(Montgomery County)

Looking forward to it, and available to help with whatever needs helping.
    Thank you very much R L and Pahuntin.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Bucks County)

Can't thank RL and PAhuntingfool enough for hosting this shoot. I hope to be able to make it again this year, and bring some of the family.

I'll bring the clay thrower again, and try not to burn the beans this time.

(Berks County)

The shoot is a great gesture and thanks for making it available. I would like to attend and will check into the campground and see what small airports are around. I could fly that in 45 minutes or an hour.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    The shoot is a great gesture and thanks for making it available. I would like to attend and will check into the campground and see what small airports are around. I could fly that in 45 minutes or an hour.
    Maybe you could get him to clear you a landing strip.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Walleye Hunter, there is a small airstrip just outside Jersey Shore PA that is probably about 5 minutes from the shoot. Next closest would be lock Haven.
    https://www.airnav.com/airport/P96
    Last edited by R L Suehr; May 4th, 2018 at 04:05 PM.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    Walleye Hunter, there is a small airstrip just outside Jersey Shore PA that is probably about 5 minutes from the shoot. Next closest would be lock Haven.
    https://www.airnav.com/airport/P96
    There appears to be a private one in the vicinity and Piper Memorial in Jersey Shore, which looks like it's about 5 miles and they offer camping on site. 89 NM I can do that in under an hour. They also have a courtesy car, I'll have to dig into that a little deeper.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Westmoreland County)

I plan on being there.

Page 1 of 59 123451151 ... LastLast