Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 54 of 59 FirstFirst ... 444505152535455565758 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Central PA Group Shoot. July 14th, 2018.

End of a great day. Leaving the farm...

Getting closer to Indiana... still about 1 hour to home. It was a long ride, but worth it.

See you all next time!
    The end.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Well done Empty Mag!
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Berks County)

Thank you EM. Those are nice pictures.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Allegheny County)

Nice pics EM.
    Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

(Clinton County)

Great job on the pics EM, another year another great day. I want to thank everyone who came helped, brought food, made donations ect. The generosity is overwhelming. This is the first year I actually had everything out of the field and put away the same day. Targets and my canopy do not usually make it down the day of the shoot it was exhausting but completed. I left grill and cooker cleaning for Sunday. Everyone policed their areas up and I greatly appreciate that, haven't been up to pick up brass yet think im still in recovery lol. It is always nice to put faces to names, and there were a lot of first time attendees. Sorry I didn't get around to everyone think the heat and week plus getting ready just drained me more than I realized. But where else can you spend a day eating, shooting , and shooting the shit with 30 to 50 of the finest people you can meet. Look forward to next year already will probably add another table to the food tent and another pan holder for the food warmers. Thank you all for coming enjoying, and helping it is what makes the event so successful.

(Allegheny County)

Great job on the Pictures EM well worth the wait !

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by pahuntnfool View Post
    Great job on the pics EM, another year another great day. I want to thank everyone who came helped, brought food, made donations ect. The generosity is overwhelming. This is the first year I actually had everything out of the field and put away the same day. Targets and my canopy do not usually make it down the day of the shoot it was exhausting but completed. I left grill and cooker cleaning for Sunday. Everyone policed their areas up and I greatly appreciate that, haven't been up to pick up brass yet think im still in recovery lol. It is always nice to put faces to names, and there were a lot of first time attendees. Sorry I didn't get around to everyone think the heat and week plus getting ready just drained me more than I realized. But where else can you spend a day eating, shooting , and shooting the shit with 30 to 50 of the finest people you can meet. Look forward to next year already will probably add another table to the food tent and another pan holder for the food warmers. Thank you all for coming enjoying, and helping it is what makes the event so successful.
    It was a great event that took a lot of your and RL's time handling the logistical end. Kudos to the 46 ronin who took the time to get out of their caves at the edge of town for an extraordinary time. Raise your right hand over your left shoulder and give yourself a well-deserved pat on the back!

While I knew EM was an accomplished paparazzi, I had no idea that RL was an Emmy-winning videographer. Many thanks to you and all the others who posted "shots" of the day's events.

We're especially grateful for the folks who brought steel, pop-up pavillions, a wide variety of great food, ICE/coolers/cases of rehydrating beverages, great attitudes, and of course, some of their special gear everyone seemed to share. There certainly seemed to be more firearms per lineal foot of shooting line that I've seen at any range!

Also nice to have EMT's (and a helicopter landing pad) on standby, but as KCJones said, "I guess us "gun nuts" actually do know a thing or two about being safe..."

Being "kindred spirits" is less of an individual identity and more of a way to be with valuable (and certainly memorable) parts of the PAFOA community at large.

Whatever future we have, we're grateful we're in it together...
    Last edited by bamboomaster; July 18th, 2018 at 06:51 PM.
    - bamboomaster

Late post here but I have been sick for most of the week. I think the heat and long day just did me in and really set off the health issues I am currently dealing with. Probably should have passed on this one, but I am tired of passing on everything over the last two and a half years.

1st off I want to thank RL and PAhuntnfool for hosting this. I can tell it's a shit ton of work before, during and after that neither of them need in their lives but do it for all of us.

Now onto my impression of the shoot.

I was pretty apprehensive at 1st just because I don't know anyone and being a quiet guy I tend to stick to myself. I am glad I picked my ass up and drug it there because I had a great time. It was very cool meeting everyone and putting names with faces. I shared my canopy with KC Jones and his father who were both great men and we all put some lead down range together when the shoot started.

I hung out and talked a bit with Justin who let me fondle and shoot his excellent collection of SBR's and pistols. Put 50 rounds through the Sig P365 and I get why people want and like it so once they hammer out all the issues I think I will be jumping on that bandwagon. I was also able to get in some quality time with his LCPII which I am thinking about buying so that was great opportunity and thanks for bringing it for me.

Made my way down to Bamboomaster's tent after lunch which was excellent and man he had some great old rifles to shoot as well as the Gatling gun which I took full advantage of. His generosity as well as his want for others to experience all of these older odd and expensive calibers that he hand loads himself is simply excellent. It was truly a great experience that I most likely would never get anywhere else.

Spent some time with EM which was very cool and put some rounds through his FR8 which I would have loved to have stolen. It put some wear and tear on my shoulder early but it was worth it, truly an excellent example of a great surplus bolt gun. His light weight AR configurations are cool and further fuels my fire to build more. He came by my station later and we shot the crap and put some rounds through a few of the things I brought.

Lastly I hit up UncleJumbo's and EXflyinguy's tent for quite awhile and man they had some great stuff. Shot a M1 Garand for the 1st time and wow that was one heavy hitter, and loud as hell compared to all those AR's around us. It's crazy to think that at one time many of our family members carried that revolutionary 10lb ear drum exploder up a beach and strait into enemy fire. I followed that up by shooting everything from suppressed 9mm SBR's to $3k CZ 75 competition pistols. Daycrawler came crawling in who had brought and given me a few hundred rounds of .22 Short ammunition which was awesome of him and we all shot the crap for awhile which was great.

Unfortunately by 1pm my body was spent so just hanging out and bull crapping was mostly what I did and I had a great time doing it.

I definitely see the attraction to the get together's even if we all don't always get along on the site it still translate into a great day of hanging out on the range. Again I want to thank all the members who were more then happy to let me shoot their weapons, and their ammunition. While I did the same to anyone who was interested it's still cool that everyone is so gracious with their goods.

It's also an excellent to think that with 30 or 40 people and a few hundred firearms and probably 10's of thousands of rounds of ammunition there were zero injuries and nothing went missing. That tells you the kind of people that own firearms and frequent this site.

Thanks again to all and hope to do it all again soon. Hell it would be great to have a dinner and a beer and just shoot the crap once in awhile.

Another shout out to RL (Rob) who also offered to run my AR 500 target and stand that I stupidly forgot to break down and take home back up to me next time he is making a work delivery in my area saving me a 3 hour round trip. If for some reason it doesn't work out then making that trip to that beautiful area again wont be that terrible.

I met so many people that I hope I didn't leave anyone out that I hung out with if I did then I am sorry and please forgive me.
    Last edited by Hodgie; July 20th, 2018 at 02:20 PM.

Seeing all that steel set me on a hunt for some. If anyone is interested, Titan great outdoors are selling a set of AR500 targets. For $44.46, shipping included you get five targets. They are 3, 4, 6, 8 and 10 inch plates 3/8th thick. The plates have 5 stars. They also have other steel for sale. I have a design for a frame. That will come later on.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    Seeing all that steel set me on a hunt for some. If anyone is interested, Titan great outdoors are selling a set of AR500 targets. For $44.46, shipping included you get five targets. They are 3, 4, 6, 8 and 10 inch plates 3/8th thick. The plates have 5 stars. They also have other steel for sale. I have a design for a frame. That will come later on.
    Maybe streaker could print you up a frame. He's real reasonable if you buy a second one at the same time.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Page 54 of 59 FirstFirst ... 444505152535455565758 ... LastLast