Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 12 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: Central PA Group Shoot. 2018

Well thank you bamboomaster, but “shooting” any particular firearm isn’t a problem for me. My left arm/hand is paralyzed, but I still not only shoot, but build Firearms, gunsmith, reload, make custom knives and many of the tools for knifemaking..., and a few other things. The big issue is the incredible pain I’m in every minute of every day. Really takes it out of me. Sometimes sitting still on my sofa is about all I can do. But, gotta keep on keep’n on!

And, I would ask nobody bring their dull set of Rachel Ray kitchen knives, or their Gil Hibbon “FANTASY DAGGER”, LOL! I certainly don’t mind putting edges on a high end Japanese or European Chefs knife or a nice Sushi knife, but as far as the cheap knives that most have, well, my Japanese water stones are worth more! HAHAHA... I was thinking that pretty much every Firearms enthusiast also carries an EDC blade. I’ll bring my gear and see what we see.
    Last edited by DavidH; July 2nd, 2018 at 07:25 PM.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by DavidH View Post
    Howdy all, just want to throw this out. My son & I are going. He’s 18, so not a kid. I’m disabled and won’t be shooting a terrible amount. Really just the long range rifle in 6.5mm-08 I built! Give her a go! Anyway, I’ll be suiting down doing a good bit of talking for most of the event. And wondering if anyone would want their EDC blades sharpened? I’m a custom knife maker, and pretty good at sharpening....better than pretty good actually. Actually built my own sharpening machine like the EdgePro or Hapstone sharpeners that uses water stones. None of that belt sharpener nonsensense! Just seeing if anyone would be interested? I don’t charge a dime! Just would be something to do if I’m sitting here & there.
    Thanks for the offer. I just picked up a new Spyderco EDC, so it doesn't quite need sharpening yet. If I can find the k-bar I inherited from my dad, I'll bring that along. It probably could use some touching up.

And I'd say there's usually just as much if not more shooting the shit going on as actually shooting guns, so you'll have plenty of company if you need a break.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by DavidH View Post
    Well thank you bamboomaster, but “shooting” any particular firearm isn’t a problem for me. My left arm/hand is paralyzed, but I still not only shoot, but build Firearms, gunsmith, reload, make custom knives and many of the tools for knifemaking..., and a few other things. The big issue is the incredible pain I’m in every minute of every day. Really takes it out of me. Sometimes sitting still on my sofa is about all I can do. But, gotta keep on keep’n on!

And, I would ask nobody bring their dull set of Rachel Ray kitchen knives, or their Gil Hibbon “FANTASY DAGGER”, LOL! I certainly don’t mind putting edges on a high end Japanese or European Chefs knife or a nice Sushi knife, but as far as the cheap knives that most have, well, my Japanese water stones are worth more! HAHAHA... I was thinking that pretty much every Firearms enthusiast also carries an EDC blade. I’ll bring my gear and see what we see.
    I'm sorry to hear that. Maybe something of bamboomasters that is hand cranked and crew served will take the edge off.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    Thanks for the offer. I just picked up a new Spyderco EDC, so it doesn't quite need sharpening yet. If I can find the k-bar I inherited from my dad, I'll bring that along. It probably could use some touching up.

And I'd say there's usually just as much if not more shooting the shit going on as actually shooting guns, so you'll have plenty of company if you need a break.

Spydercos aren’t “too” bad from the factory most of the time. But understand, my edges make factory prepared edged blades seem like butter knives! LOL! Every single person who has received one of my custom knives has said, “This is the sharpest knife I have ever owned!”

RL, thank you. I appreciate that. I do ok. Thank The Lord every day He kept me here with my family. I live in pain, but certainly NOT in poor spirit. You’d be surprised though. I don’t really enjoy just dumping rounds. Or shooting at paper from a stationary position. I did all of that in another lifetime. Ringing steel at 1000yds. Now that’s pretty fun! Shooting for the purpose of testing a new rifle or pistol I built..., or working up a new load. That’s enjoyable. But shooting for the sake of, just isn’t really my bag! I’d rather BUILD one, that shoot. LOL!

(Clearfield County)

Well change of schedule (again) and now I should be able to go. Bring 75 grn 5.56 if you wish to punish yourself.

(Allegheny County)

This week's heat wave is a good reminder to think about bringing some type of pop up canopy for shade.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    This week's heat wave is a good reminder to think about bringing some type of pop up canopy for shade.
    We'll have a pop up canopy if anyone needs shade as well.

Also, remember to hydrate. We've had a lot of patients this week already suffering from dehydration, heat exhaustion and heat stroke.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by phillylou View Post
    We'll have a pop up canopy if anyone needs shade as well.

Also, remember to hydrate. We've had a lot of patients this week already suffering from dehydration, heat exhaustion and heat stroke.
    Indeed. I shaved a few jobs off today due to the heat. A couple lawns and a big hedge trim. I looked at that today and said "its not worth dying over".

Drank almost everything I packed in the cooler today.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Clinton County)

As mentioned above a few items not everyone thinks about taking to a shoot. A canopy if you have one there are some up with room to share but if you have 1 and room bring it bring it. A hat to protect from the sun, there will be a water cooler and other drinks I am sure but a few gatoraids might be advised stay hydrated. If you have sensitive skin sun screen, bug spray doesn't hurt either. I would recommend boots or hikers we will be over a field from previous shoots. It has been a wet spring and 1800 lb draft horses leave divets in the gound and the grass is more clumpy so ankle support might be welcomed. Sandals, flip flops are not a good idea.

I'll have a table to put my junk on, but don't have a canopy. Can I share with someone?
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

Page 12 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast