Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 55 of 59 FirstFirst ... 545515253545556575859 LastLast

Default Re: Central PA Group Shoot. July 14th, 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Maybe streaker could print you up a frame. He's real reasonable if you buy a second one at the same time.
    Might get it for just the cost of shipping and handling.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Clearfield County)

I finally cleaned all the spent cases out my ammo can, last saturday was the kind of day that at the end I just said "fuck it" and we poured everything that was on the tarp into it. It was interesting seeing what ammo people were shooting, who had the early russian commercial 7.62x39 with a 93 head stamp?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    I finally cleaned all the spent cases out my ammo can, last saturday was the kind of day that at the end I just said "fuck it" and we poured everything that was on the tarp into it. It was interesting seeing what ammo people were shooting, who had the early russian commercial 7.62x39 with a 93 head stamp?
    Hodgie gave me a few white boxes of Russian lacquered steel case to shoot.
    Not sure if that's it. I just looked at an unopend box and the head stamp has a "13"
    Box is as seen here, but I couldn't locate an image of the side that shows "symbols" - looks like "CPT" (PCT?) and XAC and C.I.P

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Washington County)

That's an amazing turnout, congrats to the organizers. Thanks for posting all the pics.
    Washington County Machine Guns & Tactical Range -- CMP Affiliated Club -- FFL 07 / FFL 10 / FEL 20 / SOT 02 / ITAR
    Largest MG Rental Business on the entire East Coast. M2HB, M9 Flamethrower, M67 Grenades, M240 Bravo, M249 SAW, M1919, RPD, M60, Bowling Ball Mortar.
    Now offering High-Explosive Classes (Open to the Public)

(Berks County)

I had a great day and was shone much generosity and kindness. Pennlineman, I have Sten mag loaders incoming, please pm me your address. You need this, my thumb still hurts (numb). You gave me shade, water and chair, I broke your loader (bull in china shop). Please let me repay you a tiny bit.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    Seeing all that steel set me on a hunt for some. If anyone is interested, Titan great outdoors are selling a set of AR500 targets. For $44.46, shipping included you get five targets. They are 3, 4, 6, 8 and 10 inch plates 3/8th thick. The plates have 5 stars. They also have other steel for sale. I have a design for a frame. That will come later on.
    The steel becomes addictive. Ha.
    I've tried to make supports as simple and modular as I could. Metal pipes get dinged up and sometimes difficult to keep in use.
    The wood verticals are cheap at 1,50 or so each.
    I have slowly removed all the mild steel and replaced everything except 2 spring plate targets with AR500 plates.
    The mild eventually gets shot with a rifle and ruined. I've welded holes and craters back but it's time consuming.

I'll cut off the 2 remaining mild steel plates and change them.
    Hanging with chain can cause bullets to go anywhere when hit. Poly rope holds up pretty well as does garden hose or some type of strap material. Bullets might cut part of the rope but rarely cut it completely

https://www.flickr.com/gp/101828248@N08/nEP47n
    Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post

I was pretty apprehensive at 1st just because I don't know anyone and being a quiet guy I tend to stick to myself. I am glad I picked my ass up and drug it there because I had a great time. It was very cool meeting everyone and putting names with faces

It's also an excellent to think that with 30 or 40 people and a few hundred firearms and probably 10's of thousands of rounds of ammunition there were zero injuries and nothing went missing. That tells you the kind of people that own firearms and frequent this site.

I met a lot of good people from this forum in my short time here , by going to group shoots. Can't really say I met anyone I thought was A jerk or unsafe to be around...OK well maybe that ONE GUY.. Even the bad ass Keyboard tough guys Are Nice as can be...

post a picture

If you are on the fence about going to one of the PAFOA group shoots..( PITTSBURGH-CENTRAL PA-or WCMG SHOOT... JUST DO IT

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Late post here but I have been sick for most of the week. I think the heat and long day just did me in and really set off the health issues I am currently dealing with. Probably should have passed on this one, but I am tired of passing on everything over the last two and a half years.

1st off I want to thank RL and PAhuntnfool for hosting this. I can tell it's a shit ton of work before, during and after that neither of them need in their lives but do it for all of us.

Now onto my impression of the shoot.

I was pretty apprehensive at 1st just because I don't know anyone and being a quiet guy I tend to stick to myself. I am glad I picked my ass up and drug it there because I had a great time. It was very cool meeting everyone and putting names with faces. I shared my canopy with KC Jones and his father who were both great men and we all put some lead down range together when the shoot started.

I hung out and talked a bit with Justin who let me fondle and shoot his excellent collection of SBR's and pistols. Put 50 rounds through the Sig P365 and I get why people want and like it so once they hammer out all the issues I think I will be jumping on that bandwagon. I was also able to get in some quality time with his LCPII which I am thinking about buying so that was great opportunity and thanks for bringing it for me.

Made my way down to Bamboomaster's tent after lunch which was excellent and man he had some great old rifles to shoot as well as the Gatling gun which I took full advantage of. His generosity as well as his want for others to experience all of these older odd and expensive calibers that he hand loads himself is simply excellent. It was truly a great experience that I most likely would never get anywhere else.

Spent some time with EM which was very cool and put some rounds through his FR8 which I would have loved to have stolen. It put some wear and tear on my shoulder early but it was worth it, truly an excellent example of a great surplus bolt gun. His light weight AR configurations are cool and further fuels my fire to build more. He came by my station later and we shot the crap and put some rounds through a few of the things I brought.

Lastly I hit up UncleJumbo's and EXflyinguy's tent for quite awhile and man they had some great stuff. Shot a M1 Garand for the 1st time and wow that was one heavy hitter, and loud as hell compared to all those AR's around us. It's crazy to think that at one time many of our family members carried that revolutionary 10lb ear drum exploder up a beach and strait into enemy fire. I followed that up by shooting everything from suppressed 9mm SBR's to $3k CZ 75 competition pistols. Daycrawler came crawling in who had brought and given me a few hundred rounds of .22 Short ammunition which was awesome of him and we all shot the crap for awhile which was great.

Unfortunately by 1pm my body was spent so just hanging out and bull crapping was mostly what I did and I had a great time doing it.

I definitely see the attraction to the get together's even if we all don't always get along on the site it still translate into a great day of hanging out on the range. Again I want to thank all the members who were more then happy to let me shoot their weapons, and their ammunition. While I did the same to anyone who was interested it's still cool that everyone is so gracious with their goods.

It's also an excellent to think that with 30 or 40 people and a few hundred firearms and probably 10's of thousands of rounds of ammunition there were zero injuries and nothing went missing. That tells you the kind of people that own firearms and frequent this site.

Thanks again to all and hope to do it all again soon. Hell it would be great to have a dinner and a beer and just shoot the crap once in awhile.

Another shout out to RL (Rob) who also offered to run my AR 500 target and stand that I stupidly forgot to break down and take home back up to me next time he is making a work delivery in my area saving me a 3 hour round trip. If for some reason it doesn't work out then making that trip to that beautiful area again wont be that terrible.

I met so many people that I hope I didn't leave anyone out that I hung out with if I did then I am sorry and please forgive me.
    It was great meeting you Hodgie! It always seemed to me that we frequent the same youtube circles and I frequently share many of your opinions that you leave in the comments.
    I always knew you as "the Green Man" but it wasn't hard to reconcile your identities.

Hope you have a speedy recovery!
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by JDA58 View Post
    I met a lot of good people from this forum in my short time here , by going to group shoots. Can't really say I met anyone I thought was A jerk or unsafe to be around...OK well maybe that ONE GUY.. Even the bad ass Keyboard tough guys Are Nice as can be...

post a picture

If you are on the fence about going to one of the PAFOA group shoots..( PITTSBURGH-CENTRAL PA-or WCMG SHOOT... JUST DO IT
    the last place one should be a jerk is at a group shoot lest he be hogtied and placed down range from a gattling gun
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Delaware County)

Sounds and looks like you guys had a lot of fun. Two questions. Are there any restrictions on weapons or calibers? When is the next one?

Bob D

Page 55 of 59 FirstFirst ... 545515253545556575859 LastLast