Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 20 of 59 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Central PA Group Shoot. 2018

Quote Originally Posted by 27hand View Post
    Can we use any left over chamber flags to survey those locations?
    I wasn't trying to make a big thing about it, I know they have not been needed in the past.
    At some point an event gets big enough and involves enough new faces that chamber flags would be advisable.
    I was just asking what the consensus was.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by pahuntnfool View Post
    The only diamond patterns you will find will be around the horse dung.....just saying...
    made this one for EM

(Wyoming County)

Default Re: Central PA Group Shoot. July 14th, 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by JDA58 View Post
    made this one for EM

That's awesome

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    If anybody has H&K VP9 and/or USP in 9mm, I'd like to try them out if I could.
    Paging Toobigtofit. He's the resident HK nut at these things afaik.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidH View Post
    Have you ever fired a Glock 9mm? Or.....oh yeah, any other 9mm pistol ever made?? Well, yeah, they feel like that! LOL!

Just joking with you....Just always get a kick out of this. My son is like this now, wants to try this & that. I have to remind myself that I guess I was at one time.
    Well, to be fair. I can't stand the grip on the Glock. The vp9 was way more natraully pointing for me when I shot it. The ppq is extremely similar in this regard also and the two feel almost the same to me.

I know a lot of people see one polymer striker fired gun as interchangeable with every other one and in some ways it's true, but minor difference like grip geometry and bore axis can make a big deal. Even if they don't look significant.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    I know a lot of people see one polymer striker fired gun as interchangeable with every other one and in some ways it's true, but minor difference like grip geometry and bore axis can make a big deal. Even if they don't look significant.
    Are you saying that a HiPoint isn't same as a Sig? Ridiculous...

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    If anybody has H&K VP9 and/or USP in 9mm, I'd like to try them out if I could.
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidH View Post
    Have you ever fired a Glock 9mm? Or.....oh yeah, any other 9mm pistol ever made?? Well, yeah, they feel like that! LOL!

Just joking with you....Just always get a kick out of this. My son is like this now, wants to try this & that. I have to remind myself that I guess I was at one time.
    Quote Originally Posted by stainless View Post
    Are you saying that a HiPoint isn't same as a Sig? Ridiculous...
    Well we can shoot both at the group shoot and make a definitive answer, but that's the just of it.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    I wasn't trying to make a big thing about it, I know they have not been needed in the past.
    At some point an event gets big enough and involves enough new faces that chamber flags would be advisable.
    I was just asking what the consensus was.
    We always bring them with our stuff whenever we go to the range. Just a habit because our local range requires "Empty Chamber Flags". While I think it a good practice for range safety, it may be a bit late for those who never owned a chamber flag and don't know how to order one on Amazon.

I think we had around 34 folks at the event last year...just a spectacular turn-out! I'm pretty sure the fun factor and the food had something to do with it.

Now, if everybody brought a spouse, girlfriend, family members, distant 2nd cousins, etc., I wouldn't doubt that we'd have enough food to feed them too!

Somebody though has to bring the disposable (food) plates. I'm loaded out...
    Last edited by bamboomaster; July 10th, 2018 at 03:36 PM.
    - bamboomaster

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by bamboomaster View Post
    We always bring them with our stuff whenever we go to the range. Just a habit because our local range requires "Empty Chamber Flags". While I think it a good practice for range safety, it may be a bit late for those who never owned a chamber flag and don't know how to order one on Amazon.

I think we had around 34 folks at the event last year...just a spectacular turn-out! I'm pretty sure the fun factor and the food had something to do with it.
    I'm predicting similar numbers this year. It should be a blast.

Chamber flags or not we usually do a very good job of policing our own at these things. If you're new to this, just use common sense and keep anything unloaded or holsteredvthat isn't being used at the moment. If you see something unsafe going on and don't feel comfortable saying something tell me or Pahuntingfool and we will. I'm not big on being a range Nazi, but I don't mind giving a reminder if someone is truly being unsafe with something. I'll be sure to cover everything and remind everyone at the pre shoot safety speech I generally give and anyone truly new to shooting or firearms please feel free to come ask me anything or PM me before the shoot.

(Clearfield County)

I should ask do you guys want me to bring anything food wise?

(Montgomery County)

Wait, I'm really down to shoot anything because I have limited experience, but can someone bring a Hi Point please? I'd love to shoot one in real life and not just my fantasies.

Also just bought a Ruger Precision Rimfire, and if my case gets here on time, I'll add it to the list of things I'm bringing.
    I just love shooting.

Page 20 of 59 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast