Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 11 of 59 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Central PA Group Shoot. 2018

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    Good idea, I forget that every year.

Now I just have to remember how to edit the title.
    Go to "Edit", then click "Go Advanced" and you can then edit thread titles.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

For those who haven't been to this shoot, here's a few pics to give you a rough idea of the "layout".
    These are from the November shoot last year.

This shot was taken standing in the "rifle" area looking towards the "pistol" area. (shorter distance to the targets)

This is looking from the "pistol" area towards the "rifle" area.
    The first photo (above) was taken from where the person in the yellow hat is shooting.

This is a quick video, a 15 second pan of the area taken during setup.
    Clicking the image takes you to my Flickr page where it can be viewed.

You may want to consider bringing a table of some sort. Summer shoots can be hot - many people bring their own pop up shelters too for shade.

FOOD!!!

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

I'll bring maple bacon donuts and belly busters (orams).
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Philadelphia County)

Might be bringing one extra, my cousin, to the shoot with us. That's a total of 3 including myself if that's alright with everyone.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by phillylou View Post
    Might be bringing one extra, my cousin, to the shoot with us. That's a total of 3 including myself if that's alright with everyone.
    I'm fine with that.

He does know as the fng, he has to reset targets in between cease fires though right??

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    I'm fine with that.

He does know as the fng, he has to reset targets in between cease fires though right??
    Is that all? I was gonna tell him he had to bring free ammo, free bacon and fan us with a large palm leaf when it got too hot. If we all play along I think he'll buy it.

(Berks County)

I am scheduled to attend with one local member coming with. I'll bring my .308, my 9mm P7 and Sig P 210-6 as I think they're the ones I have that will add the most to the event. I'm still trying to figure out how much ammo to bring but we will be driving rather than flying so wt is not a consideration (two corn fed men and ammo is more than the plane can handle). Any hints on how much ammo would be helpful. What other items are needed? I do have a gas grill and feel like I should at least bring some eats but I don't know what would be needed vs having too much. It looks like hot dogs, bacon and dognuts are covered. I could pick up an assortment of cheese curls and we could pass judgement on which are the best/worst. I could also bring my camp grill, which hangs over a fire on a steel pin that hammers into the ground if there's a fire going, it is an awesome grill.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

How much ammo you need is directly influenced by how much you talk/eat lol. I usually pack 200 rounds per caliber, maybe more if it's an uncommon caliber so there's enough to share

(Delaware County)

Howdy all, just want to throw this out. My son & I are going. He’s 18, so not a kid. I’m disabled and won’t be shooting a terrible amount. Really just the long range rifle in 6.5mm-08 I built! Give her a go! Anyway, I’ll be suiting down doing a good bit of talking for most of the event. And wondering if anyone would want their EDC blades sharpened? I’m a custom knife maker, and pretty good at sharpening....better than pretty good actually. Actually built my own sharpening machine like the EdgePro or Hapstone sharpeners that uses water stones. None of that belt sharpener nonsensense! Just seeing if anyone would be interested? I don’t charge a dime! Just would be something to do if I’m sitting here & there.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by DavidH View Post
    Howdy all, just want to throw this out. My son & I are going. He’s 18, so not a kid. I’m disabled and won’t be shooting a terrible amount. Really just the long range rifle in 6.5mm-08 I built! Give her a go! Anyway, I’ll be suiting down doing a good bit of talking for most of the event. [B]And wondering if anyone would want their EDC blades sharpened? I’m a custom knife maker, and pretty good at sharpening....better than pretty good actually. Actually built my own sharpening machine like the EdgePro or Hapstone sharpeners that uses water stones. None of that belt sharpener nonsensense! Just seeing if anyone would be interested? I don’t charge a dime! Just would be something to do if I’m sitting here & there.[/B
    Heck yeah! What a generous offer. That's why we go to this event - always a lot of fun and a surprise somewhere...

And the BACON! And finally meeting your kindred spirits! And matching faces with names ('Hey, you don't look like no steenkin' bambomaster'), and finally get to admire everybody's favorite stuff...

But ya' know, a lot of ladies are gonna send their partners to PAhuntingfool's range with a set of kitchen knives in tow because they can't cut a tomato anymore. Be careful what you wish for...

Don't worry, I'm bringing a couple of things you'll enjoy shooting that are disability-friendly and recoil is not an issue...

I'm old school, so if you have a camera, bring it. If you have an IPhone, well, you'll have to explain to me how to take pictures of you.

And there's plenty of stuff that women can shoot better than most of us, so instead of leaving them at home, bring them along too!

Ummm, FWIW, there is a porta-potty on site...

Absolutely NO WAY life gets any better!
    Last edited by bamboomaster; July 2nd, 2018 at 06:30 PM.
    - bamboomaster

Page 11 of 59 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast