Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Springfield Armory severs ties with DICKS

so a company that pulled a Bill Ruger is severing ties with a company that's pulling an even BIGGER Bill Ruger.
    Member: NJ "undocumented" Felons Club. NRA Life Member

They're forgiven for previous sins. I think I might buy a Saint in support.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Lancaster County)

Why do I sense a conspicuous lack of Dicks cut off jokes? Like we should be on two pages of them already? Anyway, good for Springfield. I wonder how long this will take to actually work. Sears is circling the drain, Toys R Us on the way out--how long will this take to be rid of them?
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Philadelphia County)

I am going to need a scorecard on where to shop and where not to.

I am liking my 10/22 and was thinking of getting the one that looks like an M-1 Carbine clone. Is this socially acceptable ?

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    so a company that pulled a Bill Ruger is severing ties with a company that's pulling an even BIGGER Bill Ruger.
    Wait until we see what Ruger does when they bend over for Everytown and their finaciers.

Gun safety activists prepare to put their power behind shareholder voting at Sturm Ruger
    https://www.cnbc.com/2018/05/01/gun-...urm-ruger.html

One Springfield M1A with all the toppings please, that's to go.
    Last edited by JenniferG; May 4th, 2018 at 12:22 AM.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Montgomery County)

Ok make fun of SA but why hasn't Remington, Mossberg and others done the same? Also Hornady doesn't sell to Police anymore which is a good thing all these anti gun laws has provisions in the if you are law enforcement or retired law enforcement you can have what ever you want that's so they bring the cops in line time to cut ties with all of them! So I say GOOD FOR SPRINGFIELD!

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    I am going to need a scorecard on where to shop and where not to.

I am liking my 10/22 and was thinking of getting the one that looks like an M-1 Carbine clone. Is this socially acceptable ?
    That depends if the 10/22 was made pre or post Bill Rugers passing.

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    Wait until we see what Ruger does when they bend over for Everytown and their finaciers.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/05/01/gun-...urm-ruger.html

One Springfield M1A with all the toppings please, that's to go.
    From what I have read Ruger is one of a few large manufacturers that has been doing steady sales over the last five years and have very little debt. Their only real option is to tell their bank and every town to pound salt. They have zero obligation to anyone but the open market and their customers who want nothing Every town has to offer.

The vote is today so we Wil find out soon enough.
    Last edited by Hodgie; May 4th, 2018 at 02:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 31ST MEUSOC View Post
    Ok make fun of SA but why hasn't Remington, Mossberg and others done the same? Also Hornady doesn't sell to Police anymore which is a good thing all these anti gun laws has provisions in the if you are law enforcement or retired law enforcement you can have what ever you want that's so they bring the cops in line time to cut ties with all of them! So I say GOOD FOR SPRINGFIELD!
    Well 1st off Hornday only cut off LE sales in the state of NY which I applaud buts its far from the entire country. Then there's Remington who just filed chapter 11 with over $400 million of debt, and Mossberg doesn't have the incentive to try and earn customers back like SA does since they never tried fucking them over with anti gun laws.

https://www.shootingillustrated.com/...ment-agencies/

“Today, the State of New York did one of the most despicable acts ever perpetrated by any state by asking New York banks, financial institutions and insurance companies to stop doing business with the gun and ammo industry,” Hornady President Steve Hornady wrote. “While it may not make a difference to New York, Hornady will not knowingly allow our ammunition to be sold to the Government of the State of NY or any NY agencies. Their actions are a blatant and disgusting abuse of office and we won’t be associated with a government that acts like that. They should be ashamed.”
    Last edited by Hodgie; May 4th, 2018 at 02:28 AM.

(Wyoming County)

I know some of you want to forgive S.A. and I'm not picking a fight with that, but it seems to me that the gesture is about as empty as Dick's gesture to not sell firearms that they already didn't sell.

I haven't been in a DICKS store since being educated here 4 years ago, so my understanding may be in error, but how many M1A's, Saints, or handguns did Dicks have on their shelves? Do they even sell handguns? This is like saying S.A. won't have ties to Walmart. Show me a S.A. firearm in a Walmart store
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast