Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: buyback surrender or be prosecuted

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    https://www.swalwellforcongress.com/...ns_oped_5-3-18

Gary was 28 and working as a security guard at a taco truck in Oakland, Calif., in 2009 when he saw Dreshawn Lee carrying a sawed-off shotgun and reported it to police. Three months later, Lee took his revenge by shooting and killing Jackson with an AK-47-style semiautomatic assault rifle.

Exactly why was Dreshawn Lee out of jail within three months of being found with an unregistered NFA firearm?

Oh, it's the gun's fault, not the criminal's, nor the failure of the "justice" system.
    You know it. I read a story in today's newspaper about a perp who was busted and one if the things he was busted for was prohibited possession, he got 3 1/2 to 5 years and they want to punish us for life because of it.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    What happens when the whole neighborhood comes out to fight a confiscation bullets first?
    How many people "fired back" in 2006 in New Orleans? I think the number was zero.

How many fired back when parts of Boston were "locked down" after the Boston Marathon bombings? I think it was also zero.

Both of these campaigns were short and sharp, based upon expedient measures.

A sustained gun confiscation campaign might be different. Nobody has ever done this sort of thing in the US, except with American Indians. The Wounded Knee Massacre was a gun confiscation operation.

The last time that Federal agents were heavy was Reconstruction. How did that turn out?

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    Like I said before. You need to make up a list of those that will need to be captured and questioned about violating the Constitution and when the time comes find your objective. Don't be sitting around wondering what to do, go do it.
    Captured by whom? People's militias? Posses? Under what authority will these groups act? How will they prevent government surveillance and disruption?

Let's get serious here - nobody at first is going to "resist". Most people won't even get a visit from the police.

Some people are going to "made examples of" with high publicity arrests. Most will ignore the calls to "turn them in".

What to do? Resist intelligently. Cut off money and support for these Nanny State control freaks. Ridicule. Show how pointless this all is.... kind of like how Marijuana prohibition is crumbling around the US.

Quote Originally Posted by middlefinger View Post
    He talks about austrailia, but austrialia is nto the usa. They actually attempt to control their illegal immigration and refugee problem. Also the demographics of australia are very different. I dont know for a fact. but my guess is they dont have a city like chicago or a party that panders to people by excusing their behavior because of legal systems of social order and labor.
    I offer discounts on freeze dried foods, knives and other prepping products.

Quote Originally Posted by bluedog46 View Post
    He talks about austrailia, but austrialia is nto the usa. They actually attempt to control their illegal immigration and refugee problem. Also the demographics of australia are very different. I dont know for a fact. but my guess is they dont have a city like chicago or a party that panders to people by excusing their behavior because of legal systems of social order and labor.
    Australia has a total population of 23 million people spread all over their continent while there are 8.5 million people living in NYC alone. Anyone who mentions Australia as a model is either a fucking idiot or lying through their teeth since it and just about every other comparison are apples to oranges.

Last edited by :-); May 8th, 2018 at 08:42 PM.

(Carbon County)

Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

(Beaver County)

Shall not be infringed. It don't say may not, it say shall not.

He says 'jail time if they refuse'. Uh huh. Exactly how many people are going to give him the chance and not retaliate?

Quote Originally Posted by GeneCC
    How many people "fired back" in 2006 in New Orleans? I think the number was zero.
    And exactly HOW MANY were in the reported 'sample size' of firearms confiscated in New Orleans?

Quote Originally Posted by GeneCC
    How many fired back when parts of Boston were "locked down" after the Boston Marathon bombings? I think it was also zero.
    I am not calling a red herring here, but what exactly does that have to do with confiscation?

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    IN CONGRESS, JULY 4, 1776
    The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America
    When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.
    Dangerous words. Liberty is dangerous. Naughty
    Last edited by Didnotcomply89; May 10th, 2018 at 11:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Australia has a total population of 23 million people spread all over their continent while there are 8.5 million people living in NYC alone. Anyone who mentions Australia as a model is either a fucking idiot or lying through their teeth since it and just about every other comparison are apples to oranges.
    according to countrymeters.info, Australia has just a tick over 25 million, and the USA has almost 328.79 million people.

Australia's land mass is equivalent to the continental U.S.

just to give you current data and a nice graphic to drive home the point.

Code:
    Australia's 5 largest "urban centers"...
    Sydney		4,321,535
    Melbourne	4,196,198
    Brisbane	2,054,614
    Perth		1,874,578
    Adelaide	1,165,632
    Total:		13,612,557 (54.5% of total country population)

United States' 5 largest "urban centers"...
    New York	8,537,673
    Los Angeles	3,976,322
    Chicago		2,704,958
    Houston		2,303,482
    Phoenix		1,615,017
    (note: Philadelphia just missed at 1,567,872)
    Total:		19,137,452 (5.8% total country population)
    If I collect more data, I'll post it here. I'd like to find crime/capita figures for the Aussies, but I don't have a reliable source for that data at this point. Frankly, the sources for the U.S. cities are frequently "massaged" to make them look not quite as bad as they are.
    Last edited by sota; May 11th, 2018 at 07:40 AM.
    Member: NJ "undocumented" Felons Club. NRA Life Member

(Lancaster County)

Well, if this actually happens it should move things along.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast