Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Let's Talk About SBR's

Quote Originally Posted by Fred762 View Post
    SBR? "Sawed-off shotgun"? Full auto rifle? Why not legal?
    We have ~~22,000+ "gun laws" in the USA...most are already UNconstitutional and should be null and void.

Not many folks know that owning a shotgun w an 18" barrel is "legal" but owning one with a barrel 17 7/8" long demands a $200 tax and a FBI background check and finger prints and a ~6 month wait for "approval" This is ridiculous crap.

Constitution sez Right tio keep and bear arms shall not be infringed..yet..Gvt sez a rifle with a 16" barrel is OK, but one must hop thru the same hoops if one wishs to buy a rifle with a barrel 15 7/8th" long.

An AR15 costs about ~$700 retail..a Army M4 (same as AR with added $10 parts) costs the same to BUILD but gvt unconstitutional rules make the M4 cost $20,000 in the civilian market. It is a shame. And we are pussies for putting up with this crap.
    Not since 1938 and United States vs Miller.

Unconstitutional? Upheld by the United States Supreme Court.

You're wanting to fight a long established law which has been upheld many times in those 80 years.

We couldn't get the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban overturned after it was enacted, I doubt we have any chance of changing an established law with more than a few attempts of ruling it unconstitutional.

But I'm not telling you not to try.

Default Re: Let's Talk About SBR's

Quote Originally Posted by j_h_smith View Post
    Not since 1938 and United States vs Miller.

Unconstitutional? Upheld by the United States Supreme Court.

You're wanting to fight a long established law which has been upheld many times in those 80 years.

We couldn't get the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban overturned after it was enacted, I doubt we have any chance of changing an established law with more than a few attempts of ruling it unconstitutional.

But I'm not telling you not to try.
    Not saying it's gonna happen..I just mean it should.
    My son-in-law and I just built an AR from parts..I know the only diff between our 'legal' semi-auto and a military M4 is about $10 worth of parts....damned things COST the same to build, basically. No reason one or the other should not be sold at the SAME price. 2A sez militia and equpiied(regulated)..
    18 yr old E1s get a full auto SAW or M4 with FAR LESS "background checks" than we txpayers hafta pass to buy one..while the same gvt STEALS OUR tax$$$ to build the damned things for the Army! And libs say 18-21 yr old citizens should not be able to buy a gun??????Not sensible or right.
    Remember: Randy Weaver and family were killed over an issue with a shotgun barrel which was cut off 1/8 inch(possibly BY BATF)!!
    Remember Waco?? Where 85 men, women and kids were shot and gassed and burned to death BY US GVT over an ALLEGED non-payment of a $200 TAX on an ALLEGED ILLEGAL CONVERSION. and alleged sex with under-aged girls[a test many Congressmen could NOT pass, nor could Bill Clinton] The Davidians had a FFL licensee there AT THAT FARM!!!..the feds cudda walked in at any time UNANNOUNCED and examined ALL their weapons w/o a shot being fired. Ask any FFL holder if that is not true.
    Last edited by Fred762; May 8th, 2018 at 11:05 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123